Jet fan on WFAN: "Dolphin fans jealous of the jets" | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jet fan on WFAN: "Dolphin fans jealous of the jets"

oh ...i thought before the year started it was statistically the hardest schedule...i realize stuff changes throughout the year, but again the pre season stats listed it as such...right?

Things change so much the preseason SOS is always going to be very different than it looks like at the end of the year.

Dolphins fans are just passionate. Let's be honest football is without a doubt the main sport Miami cares about. I guess Basketball would be a very distant second. Jets fans are usually just biding their time until the Yankees start playing again. Even the Mets(I almost feel bad for anyone who is a Jets/Mets fan). For some reason baseball is more popular here, probably because it's more successful and there are no good college football teams. The Dolphins fill more seats and get more attention when they win 1 game then when the Marlins win 80+.

As for being a real team, the Jets as a franchise have a lower winning % then the Browns I think. Even if the Dolphins were the current Lions I'd never switch. Stick by a team always! Plus there were never this many Jet threads before Rex Ryan. The rivalry is hot-be happy. It makes the games that much better.

And dont forget-Finheaven is probably the biggest NFL forum and one of the oldest. There's a lot of rival fans here. There are other dolphin forums and they dont have nearly as many jets forums, I promise. FinHeaven is like the battleground forum.

Are you really saying the dolphins have a more passionate fanbase?

You realize the Browns were once a great NFL franchsie, right? and that they have many more championshups than the dolphins.

I wonder if Miami played 2 teams at the end of the year who didnt care if they lost and rested starters would we have been in the AFC champ. game?

If they were so good how did they lose 7 games...

They had a good year..I give it up to them..but they are not much better than the phins..

We did sweep them..Fluke or no fluke..

Really? How much better are they?

Who said we were much better?

We'll be giving them a run for their money (and mouth) for many and many years to come. I promise you that (Cam Cameron)

Of course things can change very quickly in the NFL. There were some pretty key indicators from the fins '08 season that would show they over achieved. Schedule, getting beat badly by top teams, thinned out AFCE due to injury. They certainly earned what they achieved in '08 but I think there were some things a lot of fins fans over looked.

Maybe you can say the same about the Jets with Indy lying down at the end of the season, but they DID beat two division winners including the #2 seed on the road in the playoffs. I know I sound like a huge homer, and maybe I am, but I see more indicators of the team doing better next season than worse. The one thing I am concerned with is the Schedule is brutal.

I give the Jets all of the props in the world for what they did this year. I've said it before and will say it again, getting to the AFC Title Game is something I'd love the Phins to do. I haven't experienced that as a fan in forever. We Phins fans have endured a lot of heartbreak over the years and I think it shows we have balls when we keep coming back for more and continue to support the team through thick and thin.

This has nothing to do w/ the 70s, it has to do w/ right now and if you aren't jealous of seeing a div rival make the title game I think you are lying.

We won the AFC East last year....... you backed in this year thanks to both teams you played not really caring whether they won or lost.....we had a tougher schedule then your team....head to head, we beat you 2 times.

The past 2 years tells us a few things about both our teams....

1. Your team has a very good defense, and very dangerous on 3rd down with your all out blitz.

2. Miami when all is clicking is one of the best pressuring defenses without having to use an all out blitz.

3. When healthy, the jets are better against the pass, but the Dolphins are better against the run.

4. Sanchez will be a good QB, but Henne will be better.

5. The Jets receivers are a more consistant deep.

6. The Dolphins are more consistent in the short pass.

7. The Jets are a very good running team, yet not as good as the Dolphins when Ronnie is healthy.

8. Your HC likes to pump your team by trash talking, Miami HC pumps them during practice, making sure they play the game the right way.

9. Miami is the least penalized team in the last 2 years, the Jets are in the middle somewhere.

10. Finally and most importantly, when a team had the Jets beaten, teams could coast from there (Jets were not coming back), but when teams had the Dolphins beat, the last thing they could do is coast, because this team kept coming back, and refused to lose.....That is called heart....

-Just something to look forward to next year- :)

We won the AFC East last year....... you backed in this year thanks to both teams you played not really caring whether they won or lost.....we had a tougher schedule then your team....head to head, we beat you 2 times.

1. Your team has a very good defense, and very dangerous on 3rd down with your all out blitz.

2. Miami when all is clicking is one of the best pressuring defenses without having to use an all out blitz.

3. When healthy, the jets are better against the pass, but the Dolphins are better against the run.

7. The Jets are a very good running team, yet not as good as the Dolphins when Ronnie is healthy.

8. Your HC likes to pump your team by trash talking, Miami HC pumps them during practice, making sure they play the game the right way.

9. Miami is the least penalized team in the last 2 years, the Jets are in the middle somewhere.

10. Finally and most importantly, when a team had the Jets beaten, teams could coast from there (Jets were not coming back), but when teams had the Dolphins beat, the last thing they could do is coast, because this team kept coming back, and refused to lose.....That is called heart....

I happen to disagree with almost all of what you said, especially #s 2, 4 and 7.

If we backed in then you backed in by playing so many dead teams down the stretch. There is no such thing as backing in, you either win the games you need to win or you don't.

#2: are you serious?

#3: you D allowed 4.2 YPC, ours 3.8

#4: there's a long way to go for that, what we do know is Sanchez better handled big game pressure than henne who seemed to regress a bit late in the year while sanchez played his best in postseason.

#5: we have better WRs, at least starting WRs. we both need WR help.

#6: yep, our lone RB capable in the pass game got hurt. you have 2 quality pass catching backs.

#7: I disagree, we were better in both '08 and '09. Ronnie is more versailte and I think talent wise Ricky and Ronnie are better but production wise our guys did a better job.

#8: our guys play the right way and they responded to the pressure of the coach. your HC has never been invlvled in an NFL playoff win.

#9: I don't know

#10: what teams had us beat and coasted? We were down 17-0 to NO and had it 17-10 in the 4th, we were down 24-0 to NE and got it back to 24-14 in the 4th. those are the only 2 games teams got big leads on us early. it seemed to be a trend for you guys and while it's great you came back, isn't it alarming week after week you were in that situation where you had to come back?

I don't think there is alot of seperation btw the 2 teams, I think we are close. I think we are both on the rise, we might be better or you could be better. We'll see, one thing for sure is the rivalry is as heated now as it has been in decades.

Living in NY i listen to WFAN and about 5 minutes ago i was listening and a Jest fan called about the t-rex ryan middle finger situation. the "fan" basically said the fans probably deserved it because they were saying bad things to rex (poor big fat rex) and were saying it because "they are jealous of the jets" and the jets are "better in every aspect of the game". How he "loves how rex energized the fan base and loves the bright future this team has"

I love how all of a sudden after backing into the playoffs and beating a crappy beat up benglas team and the choke artist playoffs chargers, they believe they are the next NFL dynasty.

These are the same "fans" i listened to on WFAN after every jet loss about how they hate how Rex runs his mouth and needs to learn to shut up and just win games, and the same fans who after sanchize threw his 437th interception were calling for his head saying they should have brought a veteran in or start kellen clemens or alot saying they made a mistake drafting him.

This is the same team who lost to us twice and in the last meaningful game of their season lost to the falcons with an injured matt ryan and without their 1st and 2nd string running backs with their "elite defense" blowing another lead in the 4th quarter

Its amazing how it all changed once the colts layed down and the bengals couldnt give 2 sh*ts whether they won or lost, and 5 missed field goals against in the playoffs could do for a team and fanbase who went on to be the most overhyped over talked about team in recent history

How can you be better in every aspect of the game compared to the dolphins.....if they beat you twice?

All of a sudden all ive been hearing from jet fans around me is they have such a bright future but if the colts didnt pull their entire team the jets wouldn't even have made the playoffs to have their magical BS little run, and jet "fans" would still be calling for Rex and Sanchez heads, how easily 22 interceptions can be forgiven for 2 wins in the playoffs you shouldn't even have been in, and how easily rex's decision to play zone vs. a HOF tight end is forgotten

I really wished i lived in Miami during football season

I guess i understand why he would be jealous because how we swept them, but I hate to say it, Jets are the better team the last two seasons, but not that much. We would of had a better record if it wasn't for losing so many big players i say one win difference. If we run this offseason right and focus the draft on defense and at FA or trade for wr we will be the better team. We already hit a homerun with getting a WAY better dc.

Living in NY i listen to WFAN and about 5 minutes ago i was listening and a Jest fan called about the t-rex ryan middle finger situation. the "fan" basically said the fans probably deserved it because they were saying bad things to rex (poor big fat rex) and were saying it because "they are jealous of the jets" and the jets are "better in every aspect of the game". How he "loves how rex energized the fan base and loves the bright future this team has"

I love how all of a sudden after backing into the playoffs and beating a crappy beat up benglas team and the choke artist playoffs chargers, they believe they are the next NFL dynasty.

These are the same "fans" i listened to on WFAN after every jet loss about how they hate how Rex runs his mouth and needs to learn to shut up and just win games, and the same fans who after sanchize threw his 437th interception were calling for his head saying they should have brought a veteran in or start kellen clemens or alot saying they made a mistake drafting him.

This is the same team who lost to us twice and in the last meaningful game of their season lost to the falcons with an injured matt ryan and without their 1st and 2nd string running backs with their "elite defense" blowing another lead in the 4th quarter

Its amazing how it all changed once the colts layed down and the bengals couldnt give 2 sh*ts whether they won or lost, and 5 missed field goals against in the playoffs could do for a team and fanbase who went on to be the most overhyped over talked about team in recent history

How can you be better in every aspect of the game compared to the dolphins.....if they beat you twice?

All of a sudden all ive been hearing from jet fans around me is they have such a bright future but if the colts didnt pull their entire team the jets wouldn't even have made the playoffs to have their magical BS little run, and jet "fans" would still be calling for Rex and Sanchez heads, how easily 22 interceptions can be forgiven for 2 wins in the playoffs you shouldn't even have been in, and how easily rex's decision to play zone vs. a HOF tight end is forgotten

I really wished i lived in Miami during football season

They sound almost as fickle as Dolphin fans.

I happen to disagree with almost all of what you said, especially #s 2, 4 and 7.

Well, Miami did win the the AFC East Last Year, the Jets did get in because the Colts sat Manning, and the Bungles played like they did not care.

1. The Jets do have a very dangerous Defense, and they do blitz most everyone on 3rd down.

2. Miami for the 2nd year in a row was one of the top teams in sack, and presuure, without having to send everyone.

3. The Jets were better against the pass, before Miami had injuries to key players, Miami was the top defense against the run.

4. Sanchez was good and bad, Henne showed more poise when thing were not going well. Henne has a better arm, Henne finished with a 75.2 rating Sanchez 63.0 rating.

5. The Jets proved to be better catching deep passes, Miami did not have as good a deep passing game as the Jets.

6. In short passes, the Jets receivers dropped a lot of short passes, way more then Miami receivers.

7. When Ronnie was healthy, Miami was leading the league in the running game.

8. Ryan trash talking is part of pumping his team, he has said this, Sparano does not talk trash, and relies on what is done in practice.

9. In the last 2 years Miami has been the least penalized team in football, at the very least top 3.

10. When Jets were losing, how many games did they come back to make it close or win?
Miami did it quite a few times. Miami through the whole season showed plenty of heart, I saw very little out of the Jets, either they were winning and won, or they were losing and lost....until Payton was taken out that is.

What can I say, you disagree with me, and I disagree with you and Junc. What I have up there are facts, not opinions, but it's up to you to believe or not. Thanks

Well, Miami did win the the AFC East Last Year, the Jets did get in because the Colts sat Manning, and the Bungles played like they did not care.

1. The Jets do have a very dangerous Defense, and they do blitz most everyone on 3rd down.

2. Miami for the 2nd year in a row was one of the top teams in sack, and presuure.

3. The Jets were better against the pass, before Miami had injuries to key players, Miami was the top defense against the run.

4. Sanchez was good and bad, Henne showed more poise when thing were not going well. Henne has a better arm, Henne finished with a 75.2 rating Sanchez 63.0 rating.

5. The Jets proved to be better catching deep passes, Miami did not have as good a deep passing game as the Jets

6. In short passes, the Jets receivers dropped a lot of short passes, way more then Miami receivers.

7. When Ronnie was healthy, Mimai was leading the league in the Running game.

8. Ryan trash talking is part of pumping his team, he has said it, Sparano does not talk trash, and relies on what is done in practice.

9. In the last 2 years Miami has been the penalized team in football, at the very least top 3.

10. When Jets were losing, how many games did they come back to make it close or win? Miami did it quite a few times. Miami through the whole season showed plenty of heart, I saw very little out of the Jets, either they were winning and won, or they were losing and lost....until Payton was taken out that is.

What can I say, you disagree with me, and I disagree with you and Junc. What I have up there are facts, not opinions, but it's up to you to believe or not. Thanks

Where are the facts?

I don't think there is alot of seperation btw the 2 teams, I think we are close. I think we are both on the rise, we might be better or you could be better. We'll see, one thing for sure is the rivalry is as heated now as it has been in decades.

Now this is where what you say makes no sense to me. 90% of what you spew out is how the Jets are a better team than the Dolphins. Yet somehow there isn't that much separation between the two teams.

Sparano is 18-14 in the regular season (0-1 in the PO)
Ryan is 9-7 in the regular season (2-1 in the PO)

You're saying Ryan is already the better coach b/c of this year?

2. Miami for the 2nd year in a row was one of the top teams in sack, and presuure, without having to send everyone.

5. The Jets proved to be better catching deep passes, Miami did not have as good a deep passing game as the Jets.

7. When Ronnie was healthy, Miami was leading the league in the running game.

8. Ryan trash talking is part of pumping his team, he has said this, Sparano does not talk trash, and relies on what is done in practice.

9. In the last 2 years Miami has been the least penalized team in football, at the very least top 3.

10. When Jets were losing, how many games did they come back to make it close or win?
Miami did it quite a few times. Miami through the whole season showed plenty of heart, I saw very little out of the Jets, either they were winning and won, or they were losing and lost....until Payton was taken out that is.

2. If the Phins defense is so great at pressure, why did they allow Tennesee, Houston and Pittsburgh to get out to big leads in their games?

4. I have no idea who is better and who isn't right now. Sanchez was on a team that had more success so far. This isn't a slight on Henne.

7. The Dolphins are a really good running team. The Jets though had more success

Numbers 8 and 10 have no relevance to anything

Now this is where what you say makes no sense to me. 90% of what you spew out is how the Jets are a better team than the Dolphins. Yet somehow there isn't that much separation between the two teams.

Sparano is 18-14 in the regular season (0-1 in the PO)
Ryan is 9-7 in the regular season (2-1 in the PO)

You're saying Ryan is already the better coach b/c of this year?

I think we have the edge in talent but talent alone doesn't guarantee anything. I think you have some developing players that can sway this. I felt heading into december that Mimai was playing the best football of any team in the division- things change.

rex was only 9-7 but he led a team to the title game and did so w/ a rookie QB. That trumps what Sparano did in 2008. I don't recall saying that rex was better though, I think it but i;m not sure I posted it.

If we backed in then you backed in by playing so many dead teams down the stretch. There is no such thing as backing in, you either win the games you need to win or you don't.

Come on, no team sat on their butts and helped us win the east, like it was done to year team...get real Junc.

I am, but the question is, are you?

And before we both lost our very important NTs, Miami was ahead of the Jets against the run.

#4: there's a long way to go for that, what we do know is Sanchez better handled big game pressure than henne who seemed to regress a bit late in the year while sanchez played his best in postseason.

Henne came back to win more games the Sanchez, Henne threw far less INTs then Sanchez, Henne had a more then 10 point better QB rating...

But yours are better deep, ours are more consistant in the short passing game.

#6: yep, our lone RB capable in the pass game got hurt. you have 2 quality pass catching backs.

We lost 2 of our top 3 for the whole year, you lost 1, when both teams had only 1 out (Washington and Cobb), Miami was the top Running team in the NFL, once Ronnie went down, so did our running game.

#7: I disagree, we were better in both '08 and '09. Ronnie is more versailte and I think talent wise Ricky and Ronnie are better but production wise our guys did a better job.

I disagree with you, when both teams have their top three RBs, Miami is more unstoppable running the ball, Miami this year ate up clock like it has never been done before, then Ronnie went down, and it hurt us bigtime.

#8: our guys play the right way and they responded to the pressure of the coach. your HC has never been invlvled in an NFL playoff win.

And if the Colts had not given your team a free pass, niether would your coach.

I do

#10: what teams had us beat and coasted? We were down 17-0 to NO and had it 17-10 in the 4th, we were down 24-0 to NE and got it back to 24-14 in the 4th. those are the only 2 games teams got big leads on us early. it seemed to be a trend for you guys and while it's great you came back, isn't it alarming week after week you were in that situation where you had to come back?

So you think coming back 17-10 against the saints, and then coming back 24-14 against the Pats made anyone nervous?

1.Try Going TD for TD with the Colts, and still get withing a play of winning.

2.Going TD for TD with your team and Winning Both.

3. Taking a big lead on the Saints, losing it, getting back, and losing it yet again, and still fighting until the very last minutes.

4. Trailing the Patriots by a good amount, then coming back to win it.

5. Falling behind the Titans in Tenn by plenty of points, then coming back to take it to overtime.

6. Falling behind the Texans, then coming back to the point if there had been 1 more minute, Miami has a good chance of being tied.

7. Falling behind the Steelers, losing both their 1st 2 QBs, and still come back with their emergency QB.

Here I agree with you, both teams have their strength, and their weaknesses, which ever team gets better in the off season, will be the better team next year.

Come on, no team sat on their butts and helped us win the east, like it was done to year team...get real Junc.

I am, but the question is, are you?

And before we both lost our very important NTs, Miami was ahead of the Jets against the run.

Henne came back to win more games the Sanchez, Henne threw far less INTs then Sanchez, Henne had a more then 10 point better QB rating...

But yours are better deep, ours are more consistant in the short passing game.

We lost 2 of our top 3 for the whole year, you lost 1, when both teams had only 1 out (Washington and Cobb), Miami was the top Running team in the NFL, once Ronnie went down, so did our running game.

I disagree with you, when both teams have their top three RBs, Miami is more unstoppable running the ball, Miami this year ate up clock like it has never been done before, then Ronnie went down, and it hurt us bigtime.

And if the Colts had not given your team a free pass, niether would your coach.

I do

So you think coming back 17-10 against the saints, and then coming back 24-14 against the Pats made anyone nervous?

1.Try Going TD for TD with the Colts, and still get withing a play of winning.

2.Going TD for TD with your team and Winning Both.

3. Taking a big lead on the Saints, losing it, getting back, and losing it yet again, and still fighting until the very last minutes.

4. Trailing the Patriots by a good amount, then coming back to win it.

5. Falling behind the Titans in Tenn by plenty of points, then coming back to take it to overtime.

6. Falling behind the Texans, then coming back to the point if there had been 1 more minute, Miami has a good chance of being tied.

7. Falling behind the Steelers, losing both their 1st 2 QBs, and still come back with their emergency QB.

Here I agree with you, both teams have their strength, and their weaknesses, which ever team gets better in the off season, will be the better team next year.

You beat dead teams in SL, Buf, KC and the Jets. That stretch was easier than us getting Indy to pull their starters in week 16.

It's laughable to act like the dolphins have a great pass rush.

Who did you lose that was better than Kris Jenkins?

henne also played poorly to set up those comebacks and most of them looked nice but fell short anyway. Henne also faced no pressure until late in the year when he played his worst football, Sanchez had pressure all year and thrived in the biggest pressure games.

You lost Brown, a big loss but you still had Ricky. We passed you in the running dep't before Ronnie went down.

Our Coach has been on a staff that won a SB so even if we didn't make the playoffs he was invovled in playoff wins.

we had the ball near midfield in both of those games down 17-10 and 24-14.

You blew the Indy game at home.

you blew the NO game

You don't get bonus points for getting leads and blowing them, we led Indy in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship Game on the road.

Did you lose that OT game?

Did you lose to Houston?

Did you lose the Pitt game?

You don't see the alarming trend of falling behind and needing to come back?

Back
Top Bottom