Jet fan on WFAN: "Dolphin fans jealous of the jets" | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jet fan on WFAN: "Dolphin fans jealous of the jets"

I find it comical that ANY Jets fans seriously, truly think a Dolphins fan would be jealous of them. :sidelol:

1. One of the Highest winning % of any sports team since the the merger compared to one of the lowest.

2. Two HOF QBs that have been battle tested, and proven to be among the best of their time, compared to a drunk pantyhose wearing overrarted hof QB who's biggest accomplishment was predicting his team would win in the superbowl....something I hope any player in the superbowl expects.

3. Only 1 of a few teams to go to 3 straight superbowls, and 5 in all, compared to a team that went once, and only once.

4. A team that had the winningest and 1 of the greatest HC of all time, compared to a team who's best (Parcells) after seeing the mess that wbas the Jets, took off within a few years.

5. A team that has won the the AFC east more then anyone compared to the team that has won it the least.

6. A team that has loads of HOF players, and many on their way, compared to a team that needs the NFL to throw them a bone every once in a while to get someone in there.

7. A team who's fans were have shown class every time the Dolphins have been on Monday night, compared to fans that were called one of the worst diplays on Monday night by the crew at that time in the 90s (Can't remember what game right now).

8. A team who's stadium has hosted the most superbowls ever, compared to a team that has to share its stadium with another Football team.

Oh yea, we are very jealous. :rolleyes2:

I'm one of the biggest Dolphins fans you'll ever meet but how is any of what you said relevant to winning? #8 has to be the most laughable thing I've ever read next to comparing how mean one logo is compared to another (which I've seen plenty of).

old people from new york and cubans make up miami, thats why. Move the stadium to west palm and that stadium is sold out for ten years.

Those people who can get to a Stadium in West palm can't get to a Stadium in Miami? That is one weak excuse.

I just do not get why fans from other teams bother taking part on other forums...I mean I would not waste my time sifting through a Jets forum, but that's just me. I could understand more if there was a game coming up and people were talking about that.

If we wanted to we could put up an AFC Finalist banner, it would mean more than that '08 div title banner. Ask SD if they are happy w/ their AFC West Title or if they would rather have played in the title game.

Yet w/ all that we allowed the fewest points and fewest yards of any team in the league. No one said we had an all-time great D but we had the best the NFL had to offer this year.

Ye good for you, you looked good on paper and were obsessed with #1 this and #1 that but clearly it doesnt matter against good teams, your #1 defense got owned by the colts it was like slicing through hot butter when it matterd, and you #1 rushing totaled what like 75yards and i dont want to hear the whining about Green going down you still had the same 0-line and the same starting RB who went for 1400 and 14tds so its not excuse

and i did hear jets fans wanting to compare their defense to the 200 ravesn D, stats dont meant sh*t if you the defense chokes when it matters

I live in new york as well and I love the NY post and the Daily News,I could not buy either while the Jets were on their playoff run. The Jets have a lot of holes,they have a wealth of good starters,however they lack depth.
Like Junc said, we lost our most important players on offense and defense and had injuries in the secondary all season, yet we made it one game from the superbowl. We have some good depth. I was surprised at how well guys stepped up when we lost players.

What positions are we lacking depth at that most teams have?

By having this run in the playoffs,they are hit the hardest by the potential lack of an cba.
There will not be a wealth of top tier FA's if/when 2010 becomes an uncapped year. While we are hurt in our ability to sign FA's, we will be able to lockup a lot of our young stars long term without having to worry about a cap.

Their o-line has not missed a start in the last two years,I would say they are living on borrowed time.
Is that some voodoo ****? That's like saying Brett Favre hasn't missed a start in X years, he's due for an injury. Never happened.

Sanchez is having surgery on both knees,which will not only hurt his development,it may very well prove that he is only a little bit better than the 63 qb rating he had this year.
Sanchez is having minor (arthroscopic) surgery on ONE knee, not both. It's to correct an issue that occurred at USC. You guys always seem to forget that he was a ROOKIE with only 16 college starts. He made great progress throughout the year despite his big time mid-season struggles with consistency. He only had the best post-season performance of a rookie QB in NFL history. Better than Marino, Elway, Flacco, Ryan, anyone.

Could he struggle again next year? Sure. I think it's more likely that he'll continue to progress though, as many players do with experience.

Rex was very quiet when the Jets were losing and even proclaimed them out of the playoffs. The man is a defensive genius,however,the New York Media is already getting tired of him.
They are? So far as I can tell they love the guy. Please explain where you're getting this idea from.

Woody just buried his daughter because she has issues with drugs and alcohol and now he gets to see his drunk clown of a coach make a fool of himself.

I fully expect to see a picture of Rex spooning Rip Torn on the floor of a Conn.bank coming out soon
I'm sure Woody was much more happy with his clown coach turning the team completely around and making it one game away from the superbowl with an inexperienced rookie QB. Do you really think that nonsense concerns him? And WTF does it have to do with the tragic passing of his daughter?

The Jets are and still remain the only team in the NFL with out a true home field,how pathetic is that.
Original burn there. :rolleyes:

We get 8 home games just like the dolphins do.

Ye good for you, you looked good on paper and were obsessed with #1 this and #1 that but clearly it doesnt matter against good teams, your #1 defense got owned by the colts it was like slicing through hot butter when it matterd, and you #1 rushing totaled what like 75yards and i dont want to hear the whining about Green going down you still had the same 0-line and the same starting RB who went for 1400 and 14tds so its not excuse

and i did hear jets fans wanting to compare their defense to the 200 ravesn D, stats dont meant sh*t if you the defense chokes when it matters

Our #1 D wore down against Indy but it helped us get to an AFC Championship Game.

If anyone ever compared our D to the '00 Ravens D they would be clueless. Even had we won the SB we weren't close to that Raven D. Our D was really good, the best the NFL had this year but it wasn't truly dominant.

i love how jets fans think their teams "success" this year will translate to next year :lol:

yet another example of how you can't stop talking about us. Its nice to see we consume so much of your lives.

This seiously needed to be a thread? Getting moved to the BoTE...

we can't stop talking about you, but YOU'RE on a Dolphin website... ok, kettle

typical CLUELESS Jet fan.. jet fans and coach, perfect together

Right because none of the Fins fans thought the division went through Miami in '09.

A lot of us didn't. Looking at the schedule we ended up getting, and the fact that this team probably wouldn't be able to duplicate a magical mistake and injury free run against those teams, thus exposing the many weaknesses we had. I had 7-9 or 8-8, so did many others.

Thats where the Jets will be next year.

You swept us and then watched us win two playoff games on the road. If it were you guys who won two playoff games you'd still be having a circle jerk over it. Our rookie coach won more games then your coach did this year + two playoff games and installed the best defense in the NFL. Your coach watched his team gag the last two weeks when they controlled their own destiny.

We traded a few draft picks for a QB who got the AFC Champ. game his rookie year. I dont remember Leinart doing that.

You guys are holding on to this sweep as tightly as you can. I will gladly lose twice to you guys every year if we can then make the playoffs while you guys are at home watching.

Your coach inherited a 7-6 team
Sparano inherited a 1-15 team

No contest there.

And you got to the playoffs with your defense and running game, let's not pretend Sanchez threw you into the playoffs.

But, congrats, you guys made it further than us. Here's looking forward to next season.

Back
Top Bottom