Jets game notes, Sporano's bad game mgmt + Texans are best in NFL at tipping balls | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets game notes, Sporano's bad game mgmt + Texans are best in NFL at tipping balls

Grossman had a better D, played in a weaker conference and needed one home win to reach title game. A 10 win team was a 2 seed in the NFC that year. Chi never won another playoff game w/ Grossman, the Jets have won multiple playoff games(all on road) in multiple years.

Grossman in playoffs:
69-133, 783 yds, 4 TDs, 4 INTs, 2-2 record(both home wins), never had a game where he threw more TDs than INTs

Sanchez in playoffs:
95-157, 1155 yds, 9 TDs, 3 INTs, 4-2 record

we lost primarily b/c of JJ Watt. Those 2 tips made the difference. At end of 1st half we would have scored TD to tie at 14, he tips pass it gets picked and instead of being tied we trail by 10. 10 pt swing.

In 2nd half down 9, would have had another TD pass, he tips pass and we settle for FG. 4 pt swing. Total of 14 pt swing on those 2 plays, we lost by 6.
You lost because Schillens didn't hold onto the onside kick, Sanchez overthrew a wide open Cromartie and Hill dropped the best pass of the night, From Tebow mind you, which was a sure TD. Missed opportunities outweigh your QB letting his passes get deflected.

You lost because Schillens didn't hold onto the onside kick, Sanchez overthrew a wide open Cromartie and Hill dropped the best pass of the night, From Tebow mind you, which was a sure TD. Missed opportunities outweigh your QB letting his passes get deflected.

there are many reasons we lost, the biggest reason was JJ Watt. His 2 tips accounted for a 14 point swing.

who cares what whiny fans say? fans always live in the moment, they never have a vision. It's like you annointing Henne or Sparano, you lived in the moment when they had early success. Doing the same thing w/ Tannehill. What others think has no bearing on what i think.

Why care what fans here say about their hope for Tannehill?

Why care what fans here say about their hope for Tannehill?

I am trying to help, I have seen you guys go nuts over a million different guys only to have your hearts broken. I am trying to help you guys keep a level head.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am trying to help, I have seen you guys go buts over a million different guys only to have your hearts broken. I am trying to help you guys keep a level head.

It must hurt than Tannehill has become a better player in 5 games than Sanchez ever became over several seasons. We understand your frustration.

It must hurt than Tannehill has become a better player in 5 games than Sanchez ever became over several seasons. We understand your frustration.

it does hurt me, I tell myself every moment of every day. I wish we had a QB throwing 2 TDs and 6 INTs, one that fails in every late game critical situation. Why can't we ever get someone like that?

it does hurt me, I tell myself every moment of every day. I wish we had a QB throwing 2 TDs and 6 INTs, one that fails in every late game critical situation. Why can't we ever get someone like that?
Yea 5 games in which he makes those around him better. 5 games that all the experts have sat up and took notice. 5 games that even Jets fans are acknowledging how good he looks. Meantime, in his 4th year, your boy is the worst QB statistically in the league.

Everything will fall in place over a little time.

Lol this comment shows that deep down it really does hurt :)

Yea 5 games in which he makes those around him better. 5 games that all the experts have sat up and took notice. 5 games that even Jets fans are acknowledging how good he looks. Meantime, in his 4th year, your boy is the worst QB statistically in the league.

Everything will fall in place over a little time.

I think 2 TDs and 6 INts is worse than Sanchez's 6 and 6 but putting that aside I do think Ryan has shown he can play. The problem is you guys are acting like he's already a top QB in this league, he's 2-3, thrown 4 more INts than TDs, has struggled mightily in big spots. He's a work in progress.

Over time he could turn out to be great, I am not saying he won't be great but I am not saying he will be either. I want to see him prove it and when he does I'll tip my cap.

Lol this comment shows that deep down it really does hurt :)

if we fade back and you guys beomce consistent winners then it will hurt.

has struggled mightily in big spots.

We have a winner in the "exaggeration of the year" contest..... Tell him what he has won Johnny....

4th quarter QB rating:

Tannehill - 91.4
Sanchez - 51.9

Tannehill is a ROOKIE. He is so much better than Sanchez has been at any point in his career.

there are many reasons we lost, the biggest reason was JJ Watt. His 2 tips accounted for a 14 point swing.

I blame Joe McKnight and the fact that ST didn't try harder to contribute a 2nd TD knowing how impotent an offense featuring a QB with a sub 45% completion percentage and 55 Quarterback Rating (traditional measurement) managing to score 2 offensive TDs in the prior 3 games. Westoff's best jest unit should have tried harder dammnit!

When you only try to score on running plays when you're in the redzone that might lead to a misleading stat

Back
Top Bottom