jets Qb article ...LOL | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

jets Qb article ...LOL

practice games in new system, the worst thing he did was run out the clock.

The fans are going to boo as soon as he throws an incompletion, it sucks but it is reality.
You certainly have a lot of confidence for a QB you readily admit is not the future. And for someone who doesn't really pay any heed to pre season, your basing your confidence on exactly that.

You certainly have a lot of confidence for a QB you readily admit is not the future. And for someone who doesn't really pay any heed to pre season, your basing your confidence on exactly that.

I'm not saying he's going to light the league on fire, I think w/ the healthy talent we have we can win with him. Unless he is great he is going to lose his job at some point this season.

since then he doesn't have a single pick 6!:chuckle:

I don't look at #s when evaluating preseason, I look at everything else. He's looked more confident, sharper and more in command. I feel very good w/ him entering the season- I hope he is healthy.

If 2 TDs and 3 turnovers is sharp to you, fine.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

you THINK you do and let's see him win 4 playoff games(all on the road), individual #s are meaningless to me, it is about winning. You guys should have a D close to what we had in '09 and '10, you have comparable offensive talent w/ a much worse NE team to deal with. Let's see Ryan get his team to a title game this year.

:lol:

So if the Dolphins were to get to the AFCCG this year you've managed to already put an asterisk next to it. How unique.

no *, just get it done. You have all the tools we had, let's see you do it.

Short summary of my personal opinion on jets QBs:

1) If healthy, mark will be no better than he has been in the past. He is what he is, a bottom 5 nfl starter.

2) if healthy, Geno should replace mark by midseason. It will likely not result in significantly more wins, and will most likely be viewed as Rex trying to make a last gasp effort to save his job. Unless Geno is wildly improved in the next 8-10 weeks, the offense is still likely to be pretty bad.

3) who cares about the other QBs? The jets may carry as many as 4 if they want to see the backups fight it out (as the also bad 2000 patriots team did) but realistically every qb on the roster not named Geno is unlikely to be on the 2014 team.

Short summary of my personal opinion on jets QBs:

1) If healthy, mark will be no better than he has been in the past. He is what he is, a bottom 5 nfl starter.

2) if healthy, Geno should replace mark by midseason. It will likely not result in significantly more wins, and will most likely be viewed as Rex trying to make a last gasp effort to save his job. Unless Geno is wildly improved in the next 8-10 weeks, the offense is still likely to be pretty bad.

3) who cares about the other QBs? The jets may carry as many as 4 if they want to see the backups fight it out (as the also bad 2000 patriots team did) but realistically every qb on the roster not named Geno is unlikely to be on the 2014 team.

he has only been a bottom 5 starter for one year, a year where he had the worst healthy weapons of anyone in the league.

Why has no one hinted at the idea that the Jests may cut Sanchez on Saturday?

Is he not on the last year of his contract? I highly doubt they are re-signing him.

How much is he scheduled to make? Im sure its way more than his value.

Is it not possible the Jests are considering the FACT that they are going to blow this season no matter which of the bums on their roster starts at QB?

If I were the Jests, Id simply cut Sanchez unless his money is guaranteed this year. There is really no point to having him on the roster. With Geno or Harrell or whoever at QB they are a candidate for 1st overall pick. With Sanchez at QB......... they are a candidate for 1st overall pick.

I think if Garrard was healthy they would have let Mark go, it doesn't make any sense now.

Why has no one hinted at the idea that the Jests may cut Sanchez on Saturday?

I don't know the Jets cap situation off the top of my head, but it isn't like there is anyone out there to sign who would be a significant upgrade. At this point Sanchez still fills a role as a JAG backup, if nothing else, when healthy. No reason to jettison him when you don't have anything to replace him with. But like I said, they are certainly not going to have him back next year.

I expect next year one of the following happens:

1) If Geno shows signs of competence, they sign a FA veteran to be a backup who doesn't expect to seriously challenge as a starter, but could in theory if need be. Then draft another 3rd+ round QB.

2) If Geno shows no signs of competence, they sign a FA veteran who can still be/expects to be a starter for another couple years (like Kerry Collins was for the Titans, or Carson Palmer is now) while they search for the QB of the future in round 1 or 2.

you THINK you do and let's see him win 4 playoff games(all on the road), individual #s are meaningless to me, it is about winning. You guys should have a D close to what we had in '09 and '10, you have comparable offensive talent w/ a much worse NE team to deal with. Let's see Ryan get his team to a title game this year.

What the heck does that 4 road playoff wins matter...you won those games with Sanchez and he's still not the answer...tannehill doesn't need to win road playoff games for me to validate him as a legit nfl qb...that's just nonsense...heck I don't want him to follow Sanchez path...it ends in the dumps

We have our qb for the long haul

What the heck does that 4 road playoff wins matter...you won those games with Sanchez and he's still not the answer...tannehill doesn't need to win road playoff games for me to validate him as a legit nfl qb...that's just nonsense...heck I don't want him to follow Sanchez path...it ends in the dumps

We have our qb for the long haul

Not sure how often you deal with our resident Jets troll. But according to him, regular season wins or stats doesn't determine how good a quarterback is. Only playoff wins count. And when they fail to make the playoffs the excuses are always injured players or he had to learn a new offensive system.

Never go to the Library without your shotgun.

And Sanchez doesnt through picks...he throughts punts:lol2:

Back
Top Bottom