Jets Robertson Deal Falls Through | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Robertson Deal Falls Through

Cuzinfinny

Starter
Reaction score
ROBERTSON DEAL ISN'T HAPPENING

For the second time since Friday, a deal that the Bengals thought they'd make to upgrade a subpar defense has fallen apart.

Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com reports that the trade between the Jets and the Bengals for New York defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson is off.

The sticking point was Cincy's insistence that Robertson re-do a contract that is set to pay him $9.8 million in 2008.

Going to kill their cap...They have to cut him.

And I'd take a flyer on Robertson too...He's a bust as now, but there is still upside. Plenty.

For the second time since Friday, a deal that the Bengals thought they'd make to upgrade a subpar defense has fallen apart.

Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com reports that the trade between the Jets and the Bengals for New York defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson is off.

The sticking point was Cincy's insistence that Robertson re-do a contract that is set to pay him $9.8 million in 2008.

Uh ho....Can you spell cap issues.. ???

This might be a disaster if they used some of that cap money for thier signings. I still think if they have time they can get something of value for him.

lmaoo sucks for NYJ cuz they were goin to get a 3rd n 5th this is lookin to be one hell of an offseason for em if they pulled i toff but it aint happenin.

TRADE JT WE NEED MORE PICKS! where is speilman when u need him. i want that 2nd and 3rd pick.

And I'd take a flyer on Robertson too...He's a bust as now, but there is still upside. Plenty.

The reason they are trading him is because he is not a 3-4 lineman!

i dont understand where are they going to get the money to pay this years rookies .. not to mentions next year they wont have any cap to work with .. good for them

:woot: Here we go! The jets have time but no way they get what they were askin for now...

Thanks Pace ;)

whats even mroe amusing is that they guaranteed Woddy $9M...and signed Pace $22M guaranteed...so in all,$31M is automatically gone.And the Rob etson deal would have supported the Pace deal,but it fell threw.So,if the Jets aren't in the red,their definately broke.I guarantee their shopping the pick,I don't even think they'll be able to sign anybody.Man,the Jets made some pretty stupid thing since the FA period.As is Faneca and Jenkins were'nt enough,they try to go out and get Woody and Pace.Somebody has to tell the Jets that this isn't Madden...you can just add everyone,and no suffer consequences.

LOL....I bet their starting to panic,because the Pace deal hasn't even been a full 24 hrs. yet,and already karma is starting to show its b*tchy side...

Now the Bengals just have to pray Sedrick Ellis will fall to them in the draft (which won't happen.) Missing on Shaun Rogers killed them because he wound up going to their rival in Cleveland and now the Bengals are still stuck with a huge on their defensive line. What a disaster.

They do not have to cut him he is just not going to be traded to the Bengals

i mean how many cap did the jetsys had to work with in the first place?? more then 60 million???? HEYYYYYY ENJOY PACE ,FANECA, MR INJURY HIMSELF(Jenkins) ...... they are all your draft picks salaries ..

Don't worry MIA about Pace...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzinfinny

whats even more amusing is that they guaranteed Woody $9M...and signed Pace $22M guaranteed...so in all,$31M is automatically gone.And the Robertson deal would have supported the Pace deal,but it fell through.So,if the Jets aren't in the red,their definately broke.I guarantee their shopping the pick,I don't even think they'll be able to sign anybody.Man,the Jets made some pretty stupid moves since the FA period.As is Faneca and Jenkins were'nt enough...which was good,then they try to go out and get Woody and Pace.Somebody has to tell the Jets that this isn't Madden...you can just add everyone,and no suffer consequences or clear your cap saleries or even restart.

LOL....I bet their starting to panic,because the Pace deal hasn't even been a full 24 hrs. yet,and already karma is starting to show its [mod] Please do not circumvent the profanity filter. [/mod] side...

Back
Top Bottom