Jets Robertson Deal Falls Through | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Robertson Deal Falls Through

It's always nice when the Jests buffoon something, but it's not over yet and Pace no matter how you put it was a good signing for them...

Perhaps, but I don't think he's worth anywhere near 22 million in guaranteed money.
I wanted the Phins to sign him, but I got a little nervous when I heard they offered a contract guaranteeing 20 million up front.
I'm kid of glad we didn;t break the bank on the guy. He's only had one good season and he doesn't seem like an elite OLB to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzinfinny
ROBERTSON DEAL ISN'T HAPPENING

For the second time since Friday, a deal that the Bengals thought they'd make to upgrade a subpar defense has fallen apart.

Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com reports that the trade between the Jets and the Bengals for New York defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson is off.

The sticking point was Cincy's insistence that Robertson re-do a contract that is set to pay him $9.8 million in 2008.

whats even more amusing is that they guaranteed Woody $9M...and signed Pace $22M guaranteed...so in all,$31M is automatically gone.And the Robertson deal would have supported the Pace deal,but it fell through.So,if the Jets aren't in the red,their definately broke.I guarantee their shopping the pick,I don't even think they'll be able to sign anybody.Man,the Jets made some pretty stupid moves since the FA period.As is Faneca and Jenkins were'nt enough...which was good,then they try to go out and get Woody and Pace.Somebody has to tell the Jets that this isn't Madden...you can just add everyone,and no suffer consequences or clear your cap saleries or even restart.

LOL....I bet their starting to panic,because the Pace deal hasn't even been a full 24 hrs. yet,and already karma is starting to show its *****y side...
sweet!

I thought all NFL teams had to be below the salary cap before the draft in order to make picks?

In any event, the Jest had better strike gold in this draft or they're going to be really bad for a really long time. They grossly overpaid for Pace, and some LDE or LOLB from the AFC East will go to the Pro Bowl after playing against Woody twice.

I hope the Jets are happy about the money they dished out. If their aquisitions tank, they're going to be REALLY bad for a long, long, long, long time.

Hey, lets give it up for the Jets. They got some really good players for the next 5 years or so....

Too bad none of them are QB's.

Cant wait for Gholsten or someone to hold out on them looking for bank but then again.....where is the bank?

man....all that waiting for Pace to sign was bad at first...cause it wasn't with MIA...but now Im happy as hell

no one will trade for d rob because they no if they dont trade just wait and they can sign him when they cut him. he can play our de, dolphins look for him if he is cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzinfinny
ROBERTSON DEAL ISN'T HAPPENING

For the second time since Friday, a deal that the Bengals thought they'd make to upgrade a subpar defense has fallen apart.

Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com reports that the trade between the Jets and the Bengals for New York defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson is off.

The sticking point was Cincy's insistence that Robertson re-do a contract that is set to pay him $9.8 million in 2008.

whats even more amusing is that they guaranteed Woody $9M...and signed Pace $22M guaranteed...so in all,$31M is automatically gone.And the Robertson deal would have supported the Pace deal,but it fell through.So,if the Jets aren't in the red,their definately broke.I guarantee their shopping the pick,I don't even think they'll be able to sign anybody.Man,the Jets made some pretty stupid moves since the FA period.As is Faneca and Jenkins were'nt enough...which was good,then they try to go out and get Woody and Pace.Somebody has to tell the Jets that this isn't Madden...you can just add everyone,and no suffer consequences or clear your cap saleries or even restart.

LOL....I bet their starting to panic,because the Pace deal hasn't even been a full 24 hrs. yet,and already karma is starting to show its *****y side...

Robertson is scheduled to make almost 10 million.. :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:... I dont think JT is even scheduled to make that much.... HAHAHA Loser Jets!

Great news man.. Thanks!

We should bring Robertson in for a 5th or 6th rounder to play end on the line. He runs a 4.85 and would be good at rushing the passer out of a 3-4 as an end. I can see him doing great things if we get him for the end spot. He is a little bigger than most, but we could get him to either slim down a little bit or just play big.

The Jets are trying to trade him because he can't play DE (or NT) in their 3-4. Why would he all of a sudden be able to play DE here in a same defense?

robertson is not a bad player, he is a 4-3 DT right, i think he may be talented enough to be in the DT rotation in a 3-4 but not the main guy, he is going to want big money so he wont fit here

After reading the comments in this thread,it has becomes obvious that no one on this board understands how the cap hit on such contracts is really paid out.When you sign someone to a $20 million dollar deal like Pace's,for six years,the bonus money is spread out over the six year life span of the contract.Thus,$20 million divided by six years equals around $3.5 million for the NEXT SIX YEARS.We are only paying Pace $3.5 million plus a low base salary for this season and the next five.

Trust me,the Jets have LOTS of money left to sign more free agents and our draft picks.It's just wishful thinking we are over the cap.We had almost as much money as you guys to start free agency,the only difference is we are actually using it for a change.

Back
Top Bottom