Jets Robertson Deal Falls Through | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Robertson Deal Falls Through

He sucks no thanks. Do we have a 6th this year still? Thought that went to Ferguson. The 5th is gone as well from the Green trade.

Besides, DE is not something we need really. We have Vonnie on one end and Starks on the other, with Wright and Roth to back them up. Not worth absorbing that fat contract.

After reading the comments in this thread,it has becomes obvious that no one on this board understands how the cap hit on such contracts is really paid out.When you sign someone to a $20 million dollar deal like Pace's,for six years,the bonus money is spread out over the six year life span of the contract.Thus,$20 million divided by six years equals around $3.5 million for the NEXT SIX YEARS.We are only paying Pace $3.5 million plus a low base salary for this season and the next five.

Trust me,the Jets have LOTS of money left to sign more free agents and our draft picks.It's just wishful thinking we are over the cap.We had almost as much money as you guys to start free agency,the only difference is we are actually using it for a change.

DOnt try and use logic on some of them, they will just laugh and say that we suck and we overpay. Very good way to break it down.:up:

The real kicker is that Robertson isn't going to redo his deal. He is set to make 9.8 millions this year and of course he hasn't played up to that amount at all so the Jets will have a hard time trying to find someone to take him with his current salary. Good luck Gang Green!!!

Dolphins fans won't have to say anything in a few years when the Jest are trying to move these great acquisitions because they don't fit your new coach's scheme.

Dolphins fans won't have to say anything in a few years when the Jest are trying to move these great acquisitions because they don't fit your new coach's scheme.
Manigini isn't going anywhere.We've had less new coaches in the last ten years than the Fins too:lol:

You obviously do not pay attention, we are dumping players that dont fit the system, we are grabbing guys that fit the system.

Why do you think your team went nuts in free agency?

DESPERATION

Sorry to break the new to ya, but the "Mangenius" is grabbing at straws and unless he turns it around there, he gone.

And what do you guys do with Kerry Rhoades and your young players coming due when you can't afford to match offers??? Can only franchise one player at a time. Enjoy your FA

im sure they will find another taker for robertson
I am sure someine will take DRob and they will have to cut some players before the draft. I don't think they would have to shop their #1 because they could always release someone. Does anyone have updated cap info on the Jets. Regardless of the numbers their team looks better than ours on paper at this point. Hate to say it.

DESPERATION

Sorry to break the new to ya, but the "Mangenius" is grabbing at straws and unless he turns it around there, he gone.

And what do you guys do with Kerry Rhoades and your young players coming due when you can't afford to match offers??? Can only franchise one player at a time. Enjoy your FA

LOL!! Keep dreaming the dream man, funny how fans on a 1-15 team can run their mouths so much.

After reading the comments in this thread,it has becomes obvious that no one on this board understands how the cap hit on such contracts is really paid out.When you sign someone to a $20 million dollar deal like Pace's,for six years,the bonus money is spread out over the six year life span of the contract.Thus,$20 million divided by six years equals around $3.5 million for the NEXT SIX YEARS.We are only paying Pace $3.5 million plus a low base salary for this season and the next five.

Trust me,the Jets have LOTS of money left to sign more free agents and our draft picks.It's just wishful thinking we are over the cap.We had almost as much money as you guys to start free agency,the only difference is we are actually using it for a change.
According to ESPN,
Calvin Pace's contract is reported to be 6-yr $42 million, $22 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $20 million. Pace will be paid $26 million over the first three years of the contract. This makes him one of the highest paid linebackers in NFL history.

I am sure someine will take DRob and they will have to cut some players before the draft. I don't think they would have to shop their #1 because they could always release someone. Does anyone have updated cap info on the Jets. Regardless of the numbers their team looks better than ours on paper at this point. Hate to say it.

They just cut Clement and signed a backup CB.

if you come to a Dolphins board and try to crow, then realize the truth hurts too much, so you have to revert to bashing last years record, then by all means run that weak game of yours.
Problem is years from now it will get harder and harder to reference 1-15.

DESPERATION

Rhodes will get his new deal after the draft this spring.Most of our young guys are under contract.That's why the Jets fight so hard to get 5 or 6 year deals in place after the draft.We are in great shape for YEARS to come.

Heyhttp://www.dolphinsnation.com/forums/member.php?u=5600 BleedinGreenNC,I just noticed you're from North Carolina.I moved here about 14 years ago myself.I live in Statesville,NC.

According to ESPN,
Calvin Pace's contract is reported to be 6-yr $42 million, $22 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $20 million. Pace will be paid $26 million over the first three years of the contract. This makes him one of the highest paid linebackers in NFL history.
That's quite correct.It doesn't refute my prior statement about the way the contract is paid out though.

That's quite correct.It doesn't refute my prior statement about the way the contract is paid out though.
You said you were paying him a low base salary. What exactly is that low base salary you speak of?

Back
Top Bottom