Jets scale back Quinton Coples workload | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets scale back Quinton Coples workload

A torn bicep make him decide to throw it literally between the number of a defensive lineman? Favre has made retard throws like that his entire career. Trying to blame that on a bicep tear is on par with some of the crap junc posts...

I don't make excuses, I leave that to folks like you who make excuses every year why the jets are better than Miami.

We didn't lose b/c favre was hurt, we lost b/c favre sucked.

I don't believe for a second that Jets were not playing to win that game. Herm was the head coach at that time. Hello! You play to win the game. :) He would have never played for a tie in OT. I'm sure the Jets wanted to go into the playoffs losing 3 out of 4. They attempted that FG because they thought it was their best chance at winning. They needed a win to insure a playoff spot and lost the game. Had it not been for Buff losing to Pitt, they wouldn't have made the playoffs. That is needing help to get in. In 2002, they were 2 games back with two games to go. They needed help. In 2009 after losing to Atlanta, they needed help.

Both the Jets and Dolphins were 8-5 in week 14 in 2008. The Dolphins didn't need the Jets to lose to any other team. They were going to play each other in week 17, so both teams controlled their own destiny at that point.

The Jets were dead because they were not a good football team. Not because they needed some help to make the playoffs. Again, they had destiny in their own hands against Philly and the Giants and they played just as bad against them as they did against the Dolphins.

You can make up all the excuses you want, but the fact remains the same. The Dolphins eliminated the Jets from the playoffs. There is no debating it.

Saying the Jets needed help to make the playoffs is ridiculous? It is a fact. In 2002 they were 7-7 with 2 games to go. They not only needed 2 wins, but they also needed 2 losses by another team in which they had no control over. In 2004, the Jets needed a win to insure a playoff spot and lost. They only qualified because Buff lost to Pitt. In 2009, the Jets were 7-7 after a loss at home to Atl. They not only needed to win their last 2 games, but they also needed the Jaguars to lose to the Patriots and the Dolphins to lose to the Texans and the Ravens to lose to the Steelers. It all happened. That is why I say you are never dead until you are eliminated.

You play out your schedule, but there is a difference between the teams that clinch early and the teams that need other teams (they have no control over) to lose in order to make it.

Again, there's no way they attempt a 50+ yd FG late in OT if they didn't know they were already in.

We didn't need help and again Buf played Pitt backups which I thought guaranteed a win?

The Jets controlled their destiny until that week 16 loss to Seattle, had we been in a win and in game the results likely would have been different.

We were not going to the playoffs if we won.

2002 in week 17 we needed to win and needed one of 2 teams to lose.

In 2008 the Jets were 2 games up w/ 5 to play so you needed us to choke.

I have explained 2004, there's no way we attempt a 53 yd FG w/ 3 mins left in OT if Buf hadn't already lost. From 2000-2004 Brien had made just ONE 50+ yd FG but they'd troy him out for a 53 yarder rather than pin SL deep in a game knowing they needed a tie or win to clinch.

The bottom line is some teams win games early, some teams win games late. Through 16 games the jets won the required amount to make the playoffs in all of those seasons. Whining about it is just pure jealousy.

Not reading the entire thread which is probably just people arguing whether or not the Jets suck, but here's my opinion on Coples being scaled back...

Not a big deal yet. Everybody knew Coples was an enigma. For all his physical talent, he didn't rack up the numbers you'd like to see. But for as big of a goober Rex Ryan can look like, he can also coach up a defensive linemen.

I remember after the draft saying I guestion how he'd fit in a 3-4 at DE or OLB and junc told me he was playing DE; which in a lot of ways his game is suited for. But you have to remember, playing as a 3-4 D-linemen is a hard adjustment for a kid playing a 4-3 his entire life; especially being a 43 end going to a 3-4 end.

So while I like any chance to rag on the Jets, this isn't one of the chances.

I don't make excuses, I leave that to folks like you who make excuses every year why the jets are better than Miami.

We didn't lose b/c favre was hurt, we lost b/c favre sucked.

Again, there's no way they attempt a 50+ yd FG late in OT if they didn't know they were already in.

We didn't need help and again Buf played Pitt backups which I thought guaranteed a win?

The Jets controlled their destiny until that week 16 loss to Seattle, had we been in a win and in game the results likely would have been different.

We were not going to the playoffs if we won.

2002 in week 17 we needed to win and needed one of 2 teams to lose.

In 2008 the Jets were 2 games up w/ 5 to play so you needed us to choke.

I have explained 2004, there's no way we attempt a 53 yd FG w/ 3 mins left in OT if Buf hadn't already lost. From 2000-2004 Brien had made just ONE 50+ yd FG but they'd troy him out for a 53 yarder rather than pin SL deep in a game knowing they needed a tie or win to clinch.

The bottom line is some teams win games early, some teams win games late. Through 16 games the jets won the required amount to make the playoffs in all of those seasons. Whining about it is just pure jealousy.

Brien had already hit a 53 yard FG earlier in the season. Had the Jets punted ball, they would have been giving SL the ball for the 3rd time in OT. They attempted the FG because they thought it was their best chance to win. Do you honestly think that Herm was on the road watching the scoreboard and making his decisions based on what was happening in Buff? :lol: I don't think so. Herm was playing to win the game. Not only did the Jets want to win to secure their spot on their own, but they didn't want to go in to the playoffs losing 3 out of 4. You can say they didn't care if they lost and only attempted the FG because Buff had already lost, but that is pure speculation. What we know for a fact is, they lost the game. Without a Buff loss, they would have been eliminated. That is needing help no matter how you look at it.

Both the 2008 Jets and Dolphins controlled their destiny from week 14 on. You want to say that the Jets would have won had they controlled their destiny, but that didn't work against Sea a week before and it didn't work against Philly and the Giants in 2011. They lost those games because they were not a good football team, not because they needed a little help to make it. 2 games back with 5 games to go is a little different than being 2 games back with 2 games to go. :lol:

There is no required amount of games to make the playoffs. The Jets won enough games to get in, but that doesn't mean that they didn't need help to make it those years. There is a difference between winning your division and making the playoffs and needing other teams to lose late in the season to make it.

Saying the Jets needed help to make the playoffs a few seasons is not whining. It is stating the facts. Just like saying Miami eliminated the Jets in 2011. Whether they would have made it or not is irrelevant. When Miami beat them, it didn't matter what happened after that because they were eliminated. Had Tenn beat Houston first, it would have been Tenn who eliminated the Jets, but that is not what happened.

[h=1][/h]

Brien had already hit a 53 yard FG earlier in the season. Had the Jets punted ball, they would have been giving SL the ball for the 3rd time in OT. They attempted the FG because they thought it was their best chance to win. Do you honestly think that Herm was on the road watching the scoreboard and making his decisions based on what was happening in Buff? :lol: I don't think so. Herm was playing to win the game. Not only did the Jets want to win to secure their spot on their own, but they didn't want to go in to the playoffs losing 3 out of 4. You can say they didn't care if they lost and only attempted the FG because Buff had already lost, but that is pure speculation. What we know for a fact is, they lost the game. Without a Buff loss, they would have been eliminated. That is needing help no matter how you look at it.

Both the 2008 Jets and Dolphins controlled their destiny from week 14 on. You want to say that the Jets would have won had they controlled their destiny, but that didn't work against Sea a week before and it didn't work against Philly and the Giants in 2011. They lost those games because they were not a good football team, not because they needed a little help to make it. 2 games back with 5 games to go is a little different than being 2 games back with 2 games to go. :lol:

There is no required amount of games to make the playoffs. The Jets won enough games to get in, but that doesn't mean that they didn't need help to make it those years. There is a difference between winning your division and making the playoffs and needing other teams to lose late in the season to make it.

Saying the Jets needed help to make the playoffs a few seasons is not whining. It is stating the facts. Just like saying Miami eliminated the Jets in 2011. Whether they would have made it or not is irrelevant. When Miami beat them, it didn't matter what happened after that because they were eliminated. Had Tenn beat Houston first, it would have been Tenn who eliminated the Jets, but that is not what happened.

[h=1][/h]

His first in the 00s, he as up and down all year. No coach would ever attempts a 53 yd Fg in that situation nowing they needed a tie or win to get in.

They attempted the Fg b/c they knew they were in and had nothing to lose.

Do you honestly think word didn't spread to the team and coaches after Buf had lost?

We essentially clinched in week 16 as we didn't have to win week 17 so we didn't need help. we won the games rewuired to make the playoffs.

The Jets were playing awful football after the ten game, their only win was a miracle win over a bad Buf team.

It is whining, you are trying to take away from the Jets reaching the playoffs. The Jets earned every playoff app and never got humiliated in the playoffs unlike a certain team whent hey used to make the playoffs.

If the Jets beat Miami they still don't make the playoffs. It's as simple as that.

His first in the 00s, he as up and down all year. No coach would ever attempts a 53 yd Fg in that situation nowing they needed a tie or win to get in.

They attempted the Fg b/c they knew they were in and had nothing to lose.

Do you honestly think word didn't spread to the team and coaches after Buf had lost?

We essentially clinched in week 16 as we didn't have to win week 17 so we didn't need help. we won the games rewuired to make the playoffs.

The Jets were playing awful football after the ten game, their only win was a miracle win over a bad Buf team.

It is whining, you are trying to take away from the Jets reaching the playoffs. The Jets earned every playoff app and never got humiliated in the playoffs unlike a certain team whent hey used to make the playoffs.

If the Jets beat Miami they still don't make the playoffs. It's as simple as that.

The Jets clinched in week 16? :lol: You are funny! :chuckle: The Jets needed a win in week 17 to insure a playoff spot. Without a win, they needed help (I.E Buff to lose to Pitt) The Jets lost and needed help. The games required hinged on Buff. Word may have spread that Buff had lost while the Jets were in OT, but I don't believe the Jets were no longer playing to win. No coach is going to coach for a tie. Especially one who's mantra is "You play to win the game". What kind of message would that send to a team that had lost 2 out of the last 3 and close to losing 3 out of the last 4? They played to win.

If stating the fact that the Jets needed help making the playoffs those seasons takes credit away from them, then so be it. I don't need to try. I'm simply stating the facts. If all playoff births are equal to you, that is fine. There is a difference to me.

Had Houston converted the 2 point conversion to beat Tenn, the Jets still don't make the playoffs because Miami eliminated them. It is simple, but apparently not for you. Houston losing by 1 point after the Jets were eliminated does not change anything.

The Jets clinched in week 16? :lol: You are funny! :chuckle: The Jets needed a win in week 17 to insure a playoff spot. Without a win, they needed help (I.E Buff to lose to Pitt) The Jets lost and needed help. The games required hinged on Buff. Word may have spread that Buff had lost while the Jets were in OT, but I don't believe the Jets were no longer playing to win. No coach is going to coach for a tie. Especially one who's mantra is "You play to win the game". What kind of message would that send to a team that had lost 2 out of the last 3 and close to losing 3 out of the last 4? They played to win.

If stating the fact that the Jets needed help making the playoffs those seasons takes credit away from them, then so be it. I don't need to try. I'm simply stating the facts. If all playoff births are equal to you, that is fine. There is a difference to me.

Had Houston converted the 2 point conversion to beat Tenn, the Jets still don't make the playoffs because Miami eliminated them. It is simple, but apparently not for you. Houston losing by 1 point after the Jets were eliminated does not change anything.

They essentially clinhced in week 16 since they didn't have to win in week 17.

The Jets won the games required in those particular years, everything else is just jealous whining.

Did Houston convert the 2 pt conversion? if we beat you do we make it? You can use hypotheticals all you want but had we won we still don't make it.

They essentially clinhced in week 16 since they didn't have to win in week 17.

The Jets won the games required in those particular years, everything else is just jealous whining.

Did Houston convert the 2 pt conversion? if we beat you do we make it? You can use hypotheticals all you want but had we won we still don't make it.

They did have to win going in to week 17 to insure a spot. They only got in because Buff lost. Had Buff won, the Jets wouldn't have made it. This isn't hard.

The required amount of games depended on another team losing that the Jets had no control over. It is not whining, it is the facts.

All of that is irrelevant since Miami eliminated them first. It is a fact that you can not change no matter how much you try to spin it. The Jets had a shot at the playoffs before the Miami game, and had no shot after. That is being eliminated. There are no hypotheticals. You keep saying that the Jets don't make it anyways, but that doesn't change the fact that Miami eliminated them first.

Obviously they didn't have to win b/c they lost yet they still made it.

Some teams win early, some teams win late but each year there is a required amount needed to win and the Jets reached those when they made it.

If the Jets beat Miami in week 17 would they have made the playoffs?

Some teams win early, some teams win late but each year there is a required amount needed to win and the Jets reached those when they made it.

It's 2012 for ****'s sake is it not? Why do you continue to defend your team when that season is unimportant now? Tell these guys who egg you on to get lost

It's 2012 for ****'s sake is it not? Why do you continue to defend your team when that season is unimportant now? Tell these guys who egg you on to get lost

Why? Believe or not I enjoy this.

Now you are just being silly. The Jets controlled their destiny with a win. Without a win, they had to rely on Buff losing. That is not having things wrapped up in week 16.

There is no set required amount of wins needed to make the playoffs. It changes each year based on what other teams do. Obviously the Jets won enough to get in. I have never said otherwise. There is a difference to me though. The really good teams don't need to rely on other teams (they have no control over) to lose in order to get in.

How did the Jets get mathematically eliminated in week 17? Only 1 of two things needed to happen. A loss to Miami, or a Tenn win over Hou. Which one happened first?

Now you are just being silly. The Jets controlled their destiny with a win. Without a win, they had to rely on Buff losing. That is not having things wrapped up in week 16.

There is no set required amount of wins needed to make the playoffs. It changes each year based on what other teams do. Obviously the Jets won enough to get in. I have never said otherwise. There is a difference to me though. The really good teams don't need to rely on other teams (they have no control over) to lose in order to get in.

How did the Jets get mathematically eliminated in week 17? Only 1 of two things needed to happen. A loss to Miami, or a Tenn win over Hou. Which one happened first?

You are right, they actually essentially clinched in week 15 when they won their 10th game.

In each year there is a required # to get in, we don't know that # until week 16 or 17 but there is a required # every year. One year it may be 8, one it may be 9 or 10 but the Jets met the qualifications to earn a trip to postseason in each of those years.

If the Jets beat Miami do they make the playoffs?

You are right, they actually essentially clinched in week 15 when they won their 10th game.

In each year there is a required # to get in, we don't know that # until week 16 or 17 but there is a required # every year. One year it may be 8, one it may be 9 or 10 but the Jets met the qualifications to earn a trip to postseason in each of those years.

If the Jets beat Miami do they make the playoffs?

The Jets 10th win in week 15 did not put the Jets in the playoffs. They needed buff to lose in week 17 to clinch because they were unable to win and get in on their own. The required # for the Jets was 11 wins. If they didn't get 11, they had to rely on Buff losing which is what happened. You can pretend the Jets had things wrapped up in week 15, but that is not reality.

No, the Jets don't make the playoffs. That is irrelevant to the fact that Miami eliminated them first. I've answered your question, so can you answer mine? What event happened that mathematically eliminated the Jets?

The Jets 10th win in week 15 did not put the Jets in the playoffs. They needed buff to lose in week 17 to clinch because they were unable to win and get in on their own. The required # for the Jets was 11 wins. If they didn't get 11, they had to rely on Buff losing which is what happened. You can pretend the Jets had things wrapped up in week 15, but that is not reality.

No, the Jets don't make the playoffs. That is irrelevant to the fact that Miami eliminated them first. I've answered your question, so can you answer mine? What event happened that mathematically eliminated the Jets?

We didn't have to win another game so essentailly that 10th win in week 15 clinched our spot.

Obviously the required # was 10 or we wouldn't have made it w/ 10.

It doesn't matter what came first, the botom line is we don't make the playoffs even if we beat you.

We didn't have to win another game so essentailly that 10th win in week 15 clinched our spot.

Obviously the required # was 10 or we wouldn't have made it w/ 10.

It doesn't matter what came first, the botom line is we don't make the playoffs even if we beat you.

You didn't have to win another game based on what happened in other games that the Jets had no control over. 10 wins was good enough to put the Jets in a spot where they had to rely on Buff losing to make it. If they wanted to get in on their own, 11 wins was the #. Relying on the another team to lose in order to get in is not the same as taking care of business yourself.

You can't even tell me how the Jets got mathematically eliminated? :lol: Bottom line is, you have a problem if you can't admit that the Dolphins eliminated the Jets. The Jets had a chance to get in before they played the Dolphins and had no chance after they lost to them. By definition, that is being eliminated. What happened first is crucial if you are trying to determine how the Jets got eliminated from the playoffs. 1 of two things needed to happen for the Jets to be eliminated. A loss to Miami, or a Tenn win over Hou. Both things happened, so whichever happened first is what eliminated the Jets. In this case, it would be the Jets losing to Miami. The Jets didn't put themselves in position to be eliminated by Tenn via a tie breaker because the Jets couldn't win 9 games and were already eliminated by Miami. It is so simple. You can try to spin it as much as you want, but facts are facts.

Back
Top Bottom