Jets scale back Quinton Coples workload | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets scale back Quinton Coples workload

You didn't have to win another game based on what happened in other games that the Jets had no control over. 10 wins was good enough to put the Jets in a spot where they had to rely on Buff losing to make it. If they wanted to get in on their own, 11 wins was the #. Relying on the another team to lose in order to get in is not the same as taking care of business yourself.

You can't even tell me how the Jets got mathematically eliminated? :lol: Bottom line is, you have a problem if you can't admit that the Dolphins eliminated the Jets. The Jets had a chance to get in before they played the Dolphins and had no chance after they lost to them. By definition, that is being eliminated. What happened first is crucial if you are trying to determine how the Jets got eliminated from the playoffs. 1 of two things needed to happen for the Jets to be eliminated. A loss to Miami, or a Tenn win over Hou. Both things happened, so whichever happened first is what eliminated the Jets. In this case, it would be the Jets losing to Miami. The Jets didn't put themselves in position to be eliminated by Tenn via a tie breaker because the Jets couldn't win 9 games and were already eliminated by Miami. It is so simple. You can try to spin it as much as you want, but facts are facts.

They didn't have to rely on anything, they won the required amount of games need to earn a playoff spot. Whether they got 10 in the first 10 weeks or the last 10 weeks they did it.

I can admit anything but the fact is if we beat you we still don't make it. We needed 5 different things to happen plus beat Miami, the odds were long.

They didn't have to rely on anything, they won the required amount of games need to earn a playoff spot. Whether they got 10 in the first 10 weeks or the last 10 weeks they did it.

I can admit anything but the fact is if we beat you we still don't make it. We needed 5 different things to happen plus beat Miami, the odds were long.

So, if Buff beat Pitt, the Jets still get in with 10 wins? :shakeno:

Yes, that is a fact, but also irrelevant to the fact that Miami eliminated them first. The Jets only needed 3 teams to lose, not 5. The odds were not long as 2 out of the 3 lost and the last one only won by a point. None of that matters becasue even if Houston had beat Tenn, the Jets would not have gotten in because Miami already eliminated them.

If the Dolphins did not mathematically eliminate the Jets, then who did? I've never seen anyone deny the facts like you do. :lol: It is entertaining to say the least. :chuckle:

So, if Buff beat Pitt, the Jets still get in with 10 wins? :shakeno:

Yes, that is a fact, but also irrelevant to the fact that Miami eliminated them first. The Jets only needed 3 teams to lose, not 5. The odds were not long as 2 out of the 3 lost and the last one only won by a point. None of that matters becasue even if Houston had beat Tenn, the Jets would not have gotten in because Miami already eliminated them.

If the Dolphins did not mathematically eliminate the Jets, then who did? I've never seen anyone deny the facts like you do. :lol: It is entertaining to say the least. :chuckle:

Did Buf beat Pitt?(Pitt backups at home no less). I can say if we beat Baltimore earlier or if we beat NE but we didn't. We won 10, Buf won 9 and we earned a WC spot.

all that needs to be answered is this- if the Jets beat Miami do they make the playoffs?

Did Buf beat Pitt?(Pitt backups at home no less). I can say if we beat Baltimore earlier or if we beat NE but we didn't. We won 10, Buf won 9 and we earned a WC spot.

all that needs to be answered is this- if the Jets beat Miami do they make the playoffs?

No, and that is the only reason the Jets made it. The Jets had everything to do with the losses to Bal and NE. They had nothing to do with Buff losing. Because they didn't beat Bal / NE earlier, or SL in week 17, they had to rely on Buff losing to get in. If not, it wouldn't have mattered if Buff won or loss, but it did.

:lol: That is the only thing that needs to be answered if you are Jets fan who can't admit how they got eliminated from the playoffs.

The reason the Jets made it is b/c they won more games than the Bills and most of the rest of the conference. The Bills had 2 huge breaks, Chad Pennington getting hurt for us in the game at Buf(missing 3 starts and playing w/ a torn rotator cuff the rest of the season) and then playing backups at home week 17 and they still couldn't pass us.

The reason the Jets made it is b/c they won more games than the Bills and most of the rest of the conference. The Bills had 2 huge breaks, Chad Pennington getting hurt for us in the game at Buf(missing 3 starts and playing w/ a torn rotator cuff the rest of the season) and then playing backups at home week 17 and they still couldn't pass us.

We are not talking about the Bills. You can list all the reasons and excuses of why the Jets needed to rely on Buff to lose to make the playoffs, but it doesn't change anything. Had the Bills won and made the playoffs, the same would be true about them. The Bills needed the Jets to lose in week 17 to have the opportunity to make the playoffs. They were not able to take advantage of that opportunity. The Jets had a chance to get in on their own in week 17 with a win, but couldn't. Because of that, they needed Buff to lose in order to make it.

Yes, they won enough games to make it, but not enough to make it on their own. Because of the loss to SL in week 17, they had to rely on Buff to lose in order to make it. That is an indisputable fact.

we relied on being better for 16 games. we didn't need help, we were better over the course of 16 games.

How many different ways are you going to try and spin this? :lol:

The Jets relied on being better for 16 games which came down to the final week, and still needing a win to insure a spot over Buff. The Jets didn't get that win, so the had to rely on Buff losing to make it.

You talk about Jets needing a ton of help to make the 2011 playoffs when they didn't make it, but had they made it, your argument would be that they didn't need help and didn't have to rely on anything. Too funny! :lol:

There's no spin, over 16 games we were better and eanred our spot, we didn't need anyone to lose, we took care of business.

Again, if we needed the game there's no way they attempt a 53 yd FG late in OT.

you don't see a differnce btw being in playoff position to start week 17 and needing to win and have 5 other teams lose?

There's no spin, over 16 games we were better and eanred our spot, we didn't need anyone to lose, we took care of business.

Again, if we needed the game there's no way they attempt a 53 yd FG late in OT.

you don't see a differnce btw being in playoff position to start week 17 and needing to win and have 5 other teams lose?

You keep repeating the obvious while ignoring the obvious at the same time. No one ever said the Jets were not better over 16 games. The Jets did not take care of business against the Rams or else they wouldn't have needed a Buff loss to clinch a spot. It doesn't matter why you think they lost. That is all speculation. They did lose which meant that they needed a Buff loss to clinch. I enjoy debating, but this is not a debate. It is you completely refusing to accept reality. :confused:

There absolutely is a difference. The 2011 Jets put themselves in a position where a loss to Miami eliminated them from the playoffs whether they got help or not. In 2004, they put themselves in a position where even with a loss, they could still get a spot with Buff's help.

Does it not bother you that you repeat inaccuracies over and over. :idk: It was 3 teams, not 5 like you keep saying. Oak needed to lose to SD (they did), Cincy needed to lose to Bal (they did) and Tenn needed to lose to Hou (Hou won by 1 point) You can see that the Jets needed "Help" in 2011 to get in, but you only allow yourself to see that because you can't admit that the Dolphins eliminated them. In regards to needing "Help" to get in, the situations are no different. Both the 2004 Jets and 2011 Jets needed "Help". One more than the other, but both needed "Help". The 2004 Jets had a chance to earn a playoff birth (without help) with a win against SL. They did not win and needed Buff to lose. If you need another team to lose in order to make the playoffs, that is requiring help.

Repeating that they got in and were better over 16 games is just trying to spin away from the fact that they needed help.

The Jets did what they needed to do over 16 games.

AGAIN, there is no way in the world they attempt a 53 yd FG w/ 3 mins left in OT knowing that a win or a tie clinches. They knew Buf lost, they knew they were in.

3-4-5 does it really matter? the odds were against us. we needed to win, we needed Cincy to lose and Ten & oak to lose or tie OR we needed to win, Cincy to lose and ten and den to lose or tie. That's a lot to ask especially for ab team that just got their hearst ripped out a week earlier.

I understand that was the biggest thing the dolphins have done in years but the bottom line is we don't make it if we win that game.

The Jets did what they needed to do over 16 games.

AGAIN, there is no way in the world they attempt a 53 yd FG w/ 3 mins left in OT knowing that a win or a tie clinches. They knew Buf lost, they knew they were in.

3-4-5 does it really matter? the odds were against us. we needed to win, we needed Cincy to lose and Ten & oak to lose or tie OR we needed to win, Cincy to lose and ten and den to lose or tie. That's a lot to ask especially for ab team that just got their hearst ripped out a week earlier.

I understand that was the biggest thing the dolphins have done in years but the bottom line is we don't make it if we win that game.

Again, you don't know that. I believe the Jets were playing to win the game. That was the Jets 2nd OT possession and there was over 5:00min (Not 3) left when they attempted the kick. Even if they don't attempt the kick, who says that they would have been able to hold SL for a 3rd time in OT had they punted instead? We can both speculate all day, but it doesn't matter. All that matters is we know they lost. With that loss, they had to rely on Buff to lose in order to make it. There is no getting around it.

It only matters when you know better. You know it wasn't 5 and you still exaggerate the numbers to try and help your argument. The only thing asked of the Jets was to win. That was the only thing that they could control. They needed some help and came within 1 point of getting it. None of it matters anyway becasue they were already eliminated by the Dolphins. There is no getting around that either.

We are pretty much repeating the same things over and over, so I am going to move on. If you want to continue, you can answer these two questions for me:

Who mathematically eliminated the Jets?

Did it matter if the 2004 Bills won or lost against Pitt in regards to the Jets clinching a playoff birth?

I don't expect an answer other than "Jets took care of business" and "They wouldn't have made it anyway", so I am moving on. :up:

Back
Top Bottom