Jets sent draft pick from Brett Favre trade back to Packers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets sent draft pick from Brett Favre trade back to Packers

This is a boneheaded move by the Jets and you know it. I mentioned above that yes 7th round picks hardly have success, however there is more then one way to use a 7th round pick. Say come draft day next year and there is a player the Jets really want in the 4th round. However, there are still five teams to pick in front of them. They could use that extra 7th round pick to swing a trade to move up a few spots and get the guy they want.

The Jets won't have that luxury now.

Come on now...if past history has taught us anything, the jets really don't value draft picks unless they are in the top 10...

I understand that a 7th round pick is not really that great of compensation, but a draft pick is still a draft pick. A 7th round pick can sweeten a trade offer, it could land you a draft surprise or it could end up being a player that doesn't make the team. Still, I would rather have the pick then not have it.
Agreed.

This is a boneheaded move by the Jets and you know it. I mentioned above that yes 7th round picks hardly have success, however there is more then one way to use a 7th round pick. Say come draft day next year and there is a player the Jets really want in the 4th round. However, there are still five teams to pick in front of them. They could use that extra 7th round pick to swing a trade to move up a few spots and get the guy they want.

The Jets won't have that luxury now.

Dude..... You don't even know if its a boneheaded move because you don't even know why it was given back, seriously you are getting all worked up over a 7th round pick, you are just looking for an excuse to make fun of the Jets. I can see if this was a 1st round or 2nd round pick, but a 7th?

Dude..... You don't even know if its a boneheaded move because you don't even know why it was given back, seriously you are getting all worked up over a 7th round pick, you are just looking for an excuse to make fun of the Jets. I can see if this was a 1st round or 2nd round pick, but a 7th?
You'd be surprised at how valuable a 7th round pick can be.

It has nothing to do with the Jets. If the Colts gave away a 7th round pick for nothing I would still think it was a boneheaded move. Heck, I would be upset and embarrassed if the Dolphins just decide to give away a 7th round pick and get nothing in return.

Anyone trying to argue that this wasn't a retarded move is just being a homer.

WhiteShoeWillie and nyjunc seem to be the only reasonable Jets fans on the site. Well, the only decent ones I've come across.

Still sounds like the Packers pulled one over on the Jets. The poison pill was if the Jets TRADED Favre to a NFC North team, there was nothing about releasing him and having him sign with a NFC North team. Unless the Jets were planning on trying to trade Favre to the Vikings, this was an unnecessary move.

Sounds to me like the front office of the Jets didn't fully understand the language of the Favre trade and panicked. If there was a league technicality that prevented them from using future 1st round picks while Favre was still their property, they could have simply just RELEASED Favre before the draft. By waiting a few extra days, they panicked and lost a future 7th round pick.

This clarification only cements the notion that the Jets made a boneheaded move.

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize that reading comprehension is not a strong suite on Finheaven,but they gave the pick to Green Bay as incentive to re-write the wording of the previous trade terms to take all restrictions off of any future draft picks that they may want to include in a future trade.Some of you just look for reasons to bash the Jets or ANY fans of that team.This was a good move if you have plans for something in the future that none of us are aware of at this time.Keep laughing boneheads.........

ok, I read your post and can't help wondering....How the hell does a 7th round pick next year have anything to do with your salary cap? I realize your a Jet fan and tryin to defend your Gm, but come on, that is just idiotic.

BTW, Tanny didn't care about the 7th rounder, it wouldn't be much ammo when it comes to trading up in the first round next yr.
The cap is in effect every year.Good GM's plan years ahead.

Genius? He just gave away a draft pick. That is like saying someone who jumps off the roof of a building instead of taking the stairs is a genius.
Now that we know why,yes,he is a genius,or don't you yet fully understand?

Back
Top Bottom