Jets Show Interest In Ronnie Brown | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Show Interest In Ronnie Brown

What about just last year? Or the last four years? Or the last five? Six? Seven? Eight? Nine? Ten? Are they elite in any of those numerical time periods?

There's nothing more to say to you regarding this topic, just like every other topic you rant about. You have your opinion on the subject and you will believe it until you're dead.

If you really don't know the answer to your own question, all you need to do is look throughout this thread. I've told you why the Jets aren't elite.

I would say since 2008 or 2009 but including '07? no, going back the last 10 years? No I think over a decade you need to win a championship to be considered elite but they are in that next grouping. They have been one of the better AFC teams over the last decade plus.

I rant w/ facts to back my rantings and you change your story w/ every post. You have given multiple defintions of elite and called some elite despite your definition and others not elite despite your definition so I have to keep asking. You are all over the place.

I would say since 2008 or 2009 but including '07? no, going back the last 10 years? No I think over a decade you need to win a championship to be considered elite but they are in that next grouping. They have been one of the better AFC teams over the last decade plus.

I will agree with you that they are in the next grouping. To me, that grouping is "good teams".

I rant w/ facts to back my rantings and you change your story w/ every post. You have given multiple defintions of elite and called some elite despite your definition and others not elite despite your definition so I have to keep asking. You are all over the place.

I'd expect you to say that b/c you think you're the perfect debater. Never wrong while the other person always is. It's a very narrow-minded way of living life. I would like to hear how I'm "all over the place". Is it b/c I said Tampa Bay wasn't elite 10 years ago?

What about just last year? Or the last four years? Or the last five? Six? Seven? Eight? Nine? Ten? Are they elite in any of those numerical time periods?

There's nothing more to say to you regarding this topic, just like every other topic you rant about. You have your opinion on the subject and you will believe it until you're dead.

If you really don't know the answer to your own question, all you need to do is look throughout this thread. I've told you why the Jets aren't elite.

its not worth getting in a pissing match with him. he believes that everyone on this board is just jealous of the jest and because we're all losers, we have to bash them. pay no mention to the praise that we give better teams like the pats, steelers, ravens. pay no mind to the fact that most of us hate brady worse than sanchez or billichik worse than ryan, yet most all of agree that the pats are legitametly the class of the afc east and have been for the past decade (even the year we won the division), common sense eludes him.

I will agree with you that they are in the next grouping. To me, that grouping is "good teams".

I'd expect you to say that b/c you think you're the perfect debater. Never wrong while the other person always is. It's a very narrow-minded way of living life. I would like to hear how I'm "all over the place". Is it b/c I said Tampa Bay wasn't elite 10 years ago?

There are plnety of times I am wrong, it's rare but ti does happen and I will admit it but you better prove me wrong. You flip flopping throughout this thread does not help prove your case.

How? multiple QBs per year can be elite but only 1 team.
You are elite if you win a SB except for TB

You gave you standards for calling QBs and teams elite, TB met those standards and you said they weren't, Eli did not and you said he was.

its not worth getting in a pissing match with him. he believes that everyone on this board is just jealous of the jest and because we're all losers, we have to bash them. pay no mention to the praise that we give better teams like the pats, steelers, ravens. pay no mind to the fact that most of us hate brady worse than sanchez or billichik worse than ryan, yet most all of agree that the pats are legitametly the class of the afc east and have been for the past decade (even the year we won the division), common sense eludes him.

I don't think anyone is a "loser", if I think you guys are losers then I must think I am one too as we all spend way too much time discussing things other people can do that we cannot do.

I do find it comical how you can mention teams like the Pats and Ravens and not include us in that grouping. We haveadvanced further than both teams 2 of the last 3 years so how would we not be in that group?

Where have I said the Pats weren't the class of the AFC East the last decade? Stop perceiving and start actually readong what I post. It will be good for you.

There are plnety of times I am wrong, it's rare but ti does happen and I will admit it but you better prove me wrong. You flip flopping throughout this thread does not help prove your case.

Show me where I flip flopped please.

How? multiple QBs per year can be elite but only 1 team. You are elite if you win a SB except for TB

Re-read what I said.

Perhaps you've missed my personal definition of what elite is. Here is my criteria:

1. You have to win a championship
2. Since and/or in between championships, you have to be a consistent good team. This includes records above .500 and ventures into the playoffs on an annual basis.

Tampa Bay didn't achieve #2 after they won the Super Bowl. Reading comprehension would reveal that if they didn't achieve #1 and/or #2, they aren't what I call elite. Get it?[/QUOTE]

Show me where I flip flopped please.

Re-read what I said.

Perhaps you've missed my personal definition of what elite is. Here is my criteria:

1. You have to win a championship
2. Since and/or in between championships, you have to be a consistent good team. This includes records above .500 and ventures into the playoffs on an annual basis.

Tampa Bay didn't achieve #2 after they won the Super Bowl. Reading comprehension would reveal that if they didn't achieve #1 and/or #2, they aren't what I call elite. Get it?
[/QUOTE]

I have showed you 10 times now.

1. TB won SB in 2002
2. TB made playoffs 5 of 6 seasons from 1997-2002, made 7 total from 1997-2007. from '02 to '07 they made it 3 times. I just want to know how a team can win a championship and not be an elite team? that is the most asinine criteria for an elite team I have ever seen.

How is this not elite? and originally you said you had to win a SB, it was much later in the discussion where you gave us your 2 points about elite and TB still qualifies.

so the 2007 Giants were also not elite, right? missed playoffs 2 of next 3 seasons after their SB win. That's not making it on an annual basis, is it? the flipping and flopping continues.

1. TB won SB in 2002
2. TB made playoffs 5 of 6 seasons from 1997-2002, made 7 total from 1997-2007. from '02 to '07 they made it 3 times. I just want to know how a team can win a championship and not be an elite team? that is the most asinine criteria for an elite team I have ever seen.

How is this not elite? and originally you said you had to win a SB, it was much later in the discussion where you gave us your 2 points about elite and TB still qualifies.[/quote]

Tampa Bay is not elite. If you'd read what I said, which again is: Since and/or in between championships, you have to be a consistent good team. This includes records above .500 and ventures into the playoffs on an annual basis.

Follow me here. Since the championship (in their case 2002). Have they consistently had record of .500 or better and made the playoffs on an annual basis? They've made the playoffs twice since that SB win. Since that 2002 SB win, they've gone 62-82.

The two years after the 2002 SB win, they go 12-20. How the **** is that elite?

so the 2007 Giants were also not elite, right? missed playoffs 2 of next 3 seasons after their SB win. That's not making it on an annual basis, is it? the flipping and flopping continues.

The Giants were not elite in 2007. They are elite now seeing as how they've won 2 Super Bowls in 4 years.

how is a team that wins a SB not elite? it makes absolutely no sense. This past SB made the Giants elite in 2007? I can't wait to find out in 2015 if the Giants were elite in 2011.

by the way the Giants won 2 SBs in 5 seasons.

how is a team that wins a SB not elite? it makes absolutely no sense. This past SB made the Giants elite in 2007? I can't wait to find out in 2015 if the Giants were elite in 2011.

by the way the Giants won 2 SBs in 5 seasons.

I said this in post #112 : "The Giants were not elite in 2007. They are elite now seeing as how they've won 2 Super Bowls in 4 years."

Please.....try and read what I say before attacking me.

The Giants are an elite team b/c of their winning Super Bowls in 2007 and 2011. They've gone 39-25 in between those years. Winning is elite.

I said this in post #112 : "The Giants were not elite in 2007. They are elite now seeing as how they've won 2 Super Bowls in 4 years."

Please.....try and read what I say before attacking me.

But they weren't elite until 4 years after winning a SB? Eli is elite even though heb threw 25 INts a year ago and led his team to 2 non playoff seasons in the last 3? do you see how that makes absolutely no sense?

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

The Giants are an elite team b/c of their winning Super Bowls in 2007 and 2011. They've gone 39-25 in between those years. Winning is elite.

In btw those years they made ONE postseason where they were one and done, where elite Eli led his O to 11 pts. 2 of those 3 years they missed the playoffs but they were elite those years and now they were elite in 2007 b/c they won in 2011.

But they weren't elite until 4 years after winning a SB?

They weren't elite in 2007. Going 30-18 before winning their next SB got them to elite status.

Eli is elite even though heb threw 25 INts a year ago and led his team to 2 non playoff seasons in the last 3? do you see how that makes absolutely no sense?

Ask the wife to buy you glasses. You're having a hard time reading my sentences about leaving the Eli is Elite topic out of this thread.

They weren't elite in 2007. Going 30-18 before winning their next SB got them to elite status.

Ask the wife to buy you glasses. You're having a hard time reading my sentences about leaving the Eli is Elite topic out of this thread.

Interesting, 1 playoff year in the next 3 makes you elite. I guess you were impressed w/ the way they got blown out at GB in week 16 when they had a shot at the playoffs before rebounding to win a meaningless game to pad their record in week 17.

we are discussing elite teams and QBs so it's on topic. You posted your criteria whihc Eli does not meet yet you say he is elite.

Interesting, 1 playoff year in the next 3 makes you elite. I guess you were impressed w/ the way they got blown out at GB in week 16 when they had a shot at the playoffs before rebounding to win a meaningless game to pad their record in week 17.

Are you mental? I said the Giants WERE NOT ELITE UNTIL THIS LAST SUPER BOWL. You know, the one that followed them going TO GREEN BAY and kicking their ass.

Hello? Anyone home?

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Are you seriously telling me that the New York Giants are not elite after winning 2 Super Bowls in 5 years but the Jets are? I beg you to say yes

Are you mental? I said the Giants WERE NOT ELITE UNTIL THIS LAST SUPER BOWL. You know, the one that followed them going TO GREEN BAY and kicking their ass.

Hello? Anyone home?

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Are you seriously telling me that the New York Giants are not elite after winning 2 Super Bowls in 5 years but the Jets are? I beg you to say yes

How do we know they were elite this year? we have to wait for the nxt 3-4-5 years to find that out, right?

Back
Top Bottom