Jets to finish 15-1? AFC East Season Predictions | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets to finish 15-1? AFC East Season Predictions

Inferior o-line and run game? How do you figure? Got rid of their worst lineman and replaced an old, extremely overrated RB with a young, explosive Shonn Greene.

What the hell . . . . do you even bother to actually find out what goes on in the offseason?

Your must have missed Thomas Jones career year last year, they wont miss his 1,000+ rushing yards :err: Overated though.

And Leon Washington scared me more then Greene does at this point. Oh yeah he is gone too.

O yeah, LT came in to replace him though! Nice upgrade. :rimshot:

I'm just gonna say, you dont go 15-1 with a QB that throws 20 picks.....

he's not going to throw 20 picks in year 2 but we aren't going 15-1. It's just a silly poll, nothing to get worked up about.

Honestly I feel Miami will be at the top of the division. I feel NYJ will have too many "character" issues and egos to overcome. NE just isnt the team it was and buffalos shattered from the ground up. Miamis on the rise and IF our D is a couple notches improved with our offense continuing its ascending talent then this team is a force.

You guys have alot of charcter issues as well, remember it wasn't the jets getting multiple drunk driving arrests this offseason and Brandon Marshall has issues just like Santonio does. I'm concerned about the new guys coming in and their character but lets not pretend you guys shouldn't have similar concerns.

:lol2: The Jets will be good next year, but with an inferior O-line, and running game, there is little that tells me that they will be better then the Patriots or Dolphins, and niether team will be going 15-1.

I personally think it will be a dogfight next year within the AFC east.

Our Ol may drop off slightly but how is it inferior? we had the best OL and we have 4 starters who have played together for 35 straight games. You guys will also likely be plugging in a rookie to an OL that wasn't as good as ours last year.

I think our running game could be even more efficient than last year but until it's proven we won't know. Remember that we will be passing more w/ more weapons and w/ more experience for the QB. My question w/ the ground game is can Greene stay healthy?(just like you guys wonder can Ronnie stay healthy) is LT done?(just like you worry if Ricky is done) and can McKnightdo much of what leon could do.

One thing I'd caution people about LT is that before we made the OL chances going into '08 Thomas Jones averaged 3.6 YPC in 2007. I love TJ and wish he was back but I expect similar production from LT that I would have expected from TJ this year.

I agree w/ your last sentence. I think NYJ, Miami and NE will be neck and neck- it will be alot of fun.

There seems to be a short term memory here. The jets largely sucked in the regular season. They had so many chips fall into place to even get into the playoffs (even your coach would admit that). When they got there though, they played well. I wasn't at all impressed with beating Cinci, but I think what the did to San Diego was pretty amazing. Props where it's due.

Nonetheless, the Jets were a .500 team last year. Their off-season was like a fire-cracker. Lot's of bang and flash. Big names, dare I say almost Dan Snyder-esque. They didn't set themselves up for long-term success. Two of their flashiest pickups are guys way past their prime with, likely, under 2 years left in their career. Holmes is sitting on a 3/4 year deal, and if the Jets want to keep him, they're going to have to shell out a chunk of change. I think Cromartie is a wild-card, he hasn't played well in San Diego in a couple of seasons, but Rex usually brings out the best in his defensive guys, so I expect success.

With that said, the team noone is talking about is the Patriots. Welker may not be back to 100% at the start of the season, maybe not ever, but anyone who's watched them play knows that Edelman is a damn suitable replacement. The Pats had about 60 picks in the draft, and they draft as good as anyone. Until the Jets or the Dolphins knock them off, they are still the class of the division.

Prediction:

Patriots: 11-5
Dolphins: 10-6
Jets: 10-6
Bills: lol

I wouldn't say we sucked in the reg season, we were mostly mediocre as was expected w/ a rookie QB and rookie HC but we got better and better late in the year and played our best in January which is a good sign.

To say we aren't set up for long term success is foolish when the core of our team is very young. QB, RB, C, LT, TE, WR, ILB, CB. We are a pretty younng team w/ a few older guys sprinkled in.

I have no problem w/ your W-L predictions.

Marshall is far superior to any offensive threat the Jets have.

you may have #1 but we have #2,3,4,5,...

The Dolphins offensive line got better and stronger this off season with the addition of Richy Incognito. And it's pretty safe to say the loss of a 6 time pro-bowl guard won't make the Jets any stronger. Albeit he was getting older. Not sure it was a hot move though. The other offensive linemen seemed to not like it much. They're paying him like 5.5 guaranteed to walk, yet they would have only had to pay him like 7.2 to stay and play. 2 mil wasn't worth it? If it's not broke don't fix it.....I didn't get that move, but whatever.

Inferior might be the wrong word, because they are both going to be very good. But I'd say the Dolphins have an advantage going into this years season on the offensive line. They are clearly a much deeper unit as well.

And you got rid of an extremely over rated RB?? The guy has touched the ball just about 300 times EVERY year for the last 5 season and rushed for well over 1,000 yards each and everyone of those seasons. This same over rated RB who just so happened to have a career best year LAST YEAR and rush for over 1400 yards and 14TD's... But you know, that stuff grows on trees.

If anyone's over rated it's Ladainian Tomlinson.

What has incognito ever done? has he ever been part of a good OL? the man is on his 3rd team in less than a year and you guys will also likely have a rookie starting on your OL. Your OL MAY turn out to be better but as of today ours is better w/ 4 of the 5 guys starting for 35 straight games.

Jones is not overrated, he's a good RB but we made the title game on the ground behind Shonn Greene and it wasn't a coincidence that we didn't score in the 2nd half when Greene got hurt and we had no threat of a run game. Jones would have been a part time back behind Greene this year and that is what LT will do except LT can also catch the ball out of the backfield which Jones was not good at. I preferred Jones but I had no problem picking up LT.

What the hell . . . . do you even bother to actually find out what goes on in the offseason?

Your must have missed Thomas Jones career year last year, they wont miss his 1,000+ rushing yards :err: Overated though.

And Leon Washington scared me more then Greene does at this point. Oh yeah he is gone too.

O yeah, LT came in to replace him though! Nice upgrade. :rimshot:

Again, Jones was ineffective in our biggest games(he was hurt) and Leon was hurt most of the year and not around for the playoff run. I wanted Jones and leon back but if Greene can handle the pounding of getting 200+ carries he's better more explosive than Jones. The man averaged 5.0 YPC in the reg season and 5.6 in postseason- I'll take that.

I wouldn't say we sucked in the reg season, we were mostly mediocre as was expected w/ a rookie QB and rookie HC but we got better and better late in the year and played our best in January which is a good sign.

To say we aren't set up for long term success is foolish when the core of our team is very young. QB, RB, C, LT, TE, WR, ILB, CB. We are a pretty younng team w/ a few older guys sprinkled in.

I have no problem w/ your W-L predictions.

Saying you sucked in the regular season was harsh. You were mediocre (record-wise indicated that). I was embellishing a bit. I think if the Colts would have played out, and the Jets never made the playoffs int he first place, this offseason they've had wouldn't have garnished as much attention. It's because the Jets played, let's be honest, one really good game int he playoffs against 1 really quality opponent that we're having this conversation. I don't think the fact that you guys managed to get past San Diego in the playoffs justifies the attention you guys have gotten.

When I say that you didn't set yourself up for long-term success in the off-season, I meant by off-season acquisitions and through the draft. The Jets signed either aging players or players with short contracts in the offseason. Then, in the draft, the Jets had what, 4 picks total? As young as the team may be, they didn't get any younger in this offseason.

As far as the Jet's o-line, I think you're going to be starting a rookie at Left guard correct? The Russian kid? If that's incorrect, then disregard the rest of this paragraph. He hasn't played much football AT ALL. Good raw talent, but not near enough experience, especially playing at UMASS where he wasn't facing quality opponents. I actually think the Jets o-line deteriorated significantly if he's the starter, and could be an issue. I honestly believe Miami has a top 5 o-line in the league.

Saying you sucked in the regular season was harsh. You were mediocre (record-wise indicated that). I was embellishing a bit. I think if the Colts would have played out, and the Jets never made the playoffs int he first place, this offseason they've had wouldn't have garnished as much attention. It's because the Jets played, let's be honest, one really good game int he playoffs against 1 really quality opponent that we're having this conversation. I don't think the fact that you guys managed to get past San Diego in the playoffs justifies the attention you guys have gotten.

When I say that you didn't set yourself up for long-term success in the off-season, I meant by off-season acquisitions and through the draft. The Jets signed either aging players or players with short contracts in the offseason. Then, in the draft, the Jets had what, 4 picks total? As young as the team may be, they didn't get any younger in this offseason.

As far as the Jet's o-line, I think you're going to be starting a rookie at Left guard correct? The Russian kid? If that's incorrect, then disregard the rest of this paragraph. He hasn't played much football AT ALL. Good raw talent, but not near enough experience, especially playing at UMASS where he wasn't facing quality opponents. I actually think the Jets o-line deteriorated significantly if he's the starter, and could be an issue. I honestly believe Miami has a top 5 o-line in the league.

If the Colts would have won that game and we msised the playoffs we wouldn't have been restricted by the final 8 rules and our offseason would have looked completely different.

The bengals won arguably the toughest div in football, they swept BOTH Pitt and Baltimore. That was a good team then SD was the hottest team in the league and we beat them. We deserve respect for what we did last year but I don't think anyone is hadning us anything. We get alot of attention b/c a)we made the title game, b)we have a loudmouth coach and c)we have a bold GM who makes alot of moves.

We couldn't sign FAs that were younger b/c we were restricted, our GM has trdaed away alot of picks. he goes for quality over quantity and has hit on just about every pick outside of Gholston.

Santonio is young as is Cromartie, we got old taylor and old LT to be here for a year in part time roles. we aren't counting on those guys to hop in the delorean and play like it's 5 years ago.

The guys name is Valdimir, that doesn't make him Russian:D I think he was drafted to compete for LG this year and eventually replace Woody at RT in '11 or '12.

You guys may also be starting a rookie on the OL but we have better guys around our rookie. The only position where you are better(slightly) is at LT, don't forget that.

Expectations are high for 2 QB's that have yet to throw more TD's then INT's in a season.

My Bills will struggle, but this season is going to be enjoyable because Jets and Dolphin fans are going to be in for one of the biggest disappointments ever. You guys just aren't that good.

Actually, if you take out Sanchez's 3 worst games, he had 11 TD and 8 interceptions. Which would be better than henne I think.

And to say Sanchez was just along for the ride in the playoffs means you didn't watch the games and see how well he played. To dismiss what he did would be foolish.

Of course. Take out the games where he's bad, that makes him look like a much better QB.

Wouldn't it be funny if life were so simple? :lol:

If the Colts would have won that game and we msised the playoffs we wouldn't have been restricted by the final 8 rules and our offseason would have looked completely different.

The bengals won arguably the toughest div in football, they swept BOTH Pitt and Baltimore. That was a good team then SD was the hottest team in the league and we beat them. We deserve respect for what we did last year but I don't think anyone is hadning us anything. We get alot of attention b/c a)we made the title game, b)we have a loudmouth coach and c)we have a bold GM who makes alot of moves.

We couldn't sign FAs that were younger b/c we were restricted, our GM has trdaed away alot of picks. he goes for quality over quantity and has hit on just about every pick outside of Gholston.

Santonio is young as is Cromartie, we got old taylor and old LT to be here for a year in part time roles. we aren't counting on those guys to hop in the delorean and play like it's 5 years ago.

The guys name is Valdimir, that doesn't make him Russian:D I think he was drafted to compete for LG this year and eventually replace Woody at RT in '11 or '12.

You guys may also be starting a rookie on the OL but we have better guys around our rookie. The only position where you are better(slightly) is at LT, don't forget that.

:lol:

Such energy wasted on the same topics every year

I think it's a tough sell to say that the AFC North was the best division in football last year. I think Cinci took full advantage of the Ravens new coaching changes and Pitt in a down year. I think the division will be markedly improved this year.

Nonetheless, as I said, Santonio is on a 1 year (read, 12 game) contract with the Jets. There is no guarantee you have him going into 2011. The only guy you guys singed that will have a notable impact for the foreseeable future is cromartie if Rex can develop him (and I'm sure he can).

The Vladamir kid (haitian, not russian, my bad for stereotyping lol), if I remember correctly, he hasn't played the sport for a very long time, plus, he played at UMASS against pretty inferior competition. Now, of course kids who play at small schools can be successful, I'm not saying they can't, I just think it's a pretty big risk.

Also, at the above guy who's a Bills fan. I think it's reasonable to say that noone will sweep their series this year, 1-1 all around. Except for the Bills, who'll go 0-6.

I think it's a tough sell to say that the AFC North was the best division in football last year. I think Cinci took full advantage of the Ravens new coaching changes and Pitt in a down year. I think the division will be markedly improved this year.

Nonetheless, as I said, Santonio is on a 1 year (read, 12 game) contract with the Jets. There is no guarantee you have him going into 2011. The only guy you guys singed that will have a notable impact for the foreseeable future is cromartie if Rex can develop him (and I'm sure he can).

The Vladamir kid (haitian, not russian, my bad for stereotyping lol), if I remember correctly, he hasn't played the sport for a very long time, plus, he played at UMASS against pretty inferior competition. Now, of course kids who play at small schools can be successful, I'm not saying they can't, I just think it's a pretty big risk.

Also, at the above guy who's a Bills fan. I think it's reasonable to say that noone will sweep their series this year, 1-1 all around. Except for the Bills, who'll go 0-6.

Baltimore made the div rd so there wasn't much tot ake advantage of.

I expect Santonio or Edwards to be signed long term giving us a really nice starting duo w/ Cotch for years to come.

If we don't keep Cromartie we just drafted Kyle wilson who would be expected to slide to the corner opposite Revis.

Vlad is raw, but that's not always a bad thing. They can plug him at LG for a year then move him to RT when he's ready.

Actually, if you take out Sanchez's 3 worst games, he had 11 TD and 8 interceptions. Which would be better than henne I think.

And to say Sanchez was just along for the ride in the playoffs means you didn't watch the games and see how well he played. To dismiss what he did would be foolish.
Well, if you take out his 3 highest rated games he has 9 TD's and 20 INT's.

Well, if you take out his 3 highest rated games he has 9 TD's and 20 INT's.

He didn't have any spectacular games that skewed his #s, his did have have brutal games that skewed it negatively. Overall he had a good rookie year.

He didn't have any spectacular games that skewed his #s, his did have have brutal games that skewed it negatively. Overall he had a good rookie year.

I dont know, great OL, great running game, great defense.

I thought he had a bad rookie year considering the situation he was in, how man rookies get that?

Joe Flacco is probably the closest. Ben Roethlisberger also. Sanchez had a terrible rookie year compared to their rookie years.

Jets 11-5
Patriots 9-7
Dolphins 8-8
Bills 5-11

Patriots 12-4
Jets 9-7 (Losses to Ravens, @Miami, Vikings, @Broncos, @Patriots, @Steelers, and @Bears)
Dolphins 8-8 (Losses to @ Bills, @Vikings, Patriots, @Patriots, @Packers, @Bengals, @Ravens, @jets)
Bills 6-10 (Wins Dolphins, Lions, Bears, Browns, Jaguars, @ KC)

Honestly I feel Miami will be at the top of the division. I feel NYJ will have too many "character" issues and egos to overcome. NE just isnt the team it was and buffalos shattered from the ground up. Miamis on the rise and IF our D is a couple notches improved with our offense continuing its ascending talent then this team is a force.

Miami D is no where near Jets D.
Miami offense is isn't superior than the Jets O

Why wouldn't Miami win both games this yr vs. Jets? Because they won't get two kickoff return TDs and a flukey 50 yarder against Revis every year.

Back
Top Bottom