Jets to finish 15-1? AFC East Season Predictions | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets to finish 15-1? AFC East Season Predictions

Inferior o-line and run game? How do you figure? Got rid of their worst lineman and replaced an old, extremely overrated RB with a young, explosive Shonn Greene.

Let' s see, you lost your best O-Guard, and your best RB from last year, and will be replacing them with a rookie Guard, and a former great RB that has declined bigtime, trust me, you guys better be light years better passing, because running is not going to help you much this year.

The Dolphins offensive line got better and stronger this off season with the addition of Richy Incognito. And it's pretty safe to say the loss of a 6 time pro-bowl guard won't make the Jets any stronger. Albeit he was getting older. Not sure it was a hot move though. The other offensive linemen seemed to not like it much. They're paying him like 5.5 guaranteed to walk, yet they would have only had to pay him like 7.2 to stay and play. 2 mil wasn't worth it? If it's not broke don't fix it.....I didn't get that move, but whatever.

Inferior might be the wrong word, because they are both going to be very good. But I'd say the Dolphins have an advantage going into this years season on the offensive line. They are clearly a much deeper unit as well.

And you got rid of an extremely over rated RB?? The guy has touched the ball just about 300 times EVERY year for the last 5 season and rushed for well over 1,000 yards each and everyone of those seasons. This same over rated RB who just so happened to have a career best year LAST YEAR and rush for over 1400 yards and 14TD's... But you know, that stuff grows on trees.

If anyone's over rated it's Ladainian Tomlinson.

Actually I was comparing this years O-line and RBs to last years version, and there is nothing that hints they will be as good or better this year.

You did hit on the head with your next paragraph though, replacing Jones who been hitting 1000 yards regularly, with a RB that is on the extreme decline like LT, is going to hurt.

People forget the Jets had to protect Mark Sanchez for most of last year. They had to put training wheels on the guy to keep him from losing games single handedly by himself! Not only was he not helping contribute in a positive manner at times, but he was actually the focal point of why the Jets were losing on a good 3 games or so. Remember the calling for a BENCHING comments? lol! Some people were even calling for Kellen Clemens at one point! So the Jets had to pull out the coloring book for him to follow - As he clearly was the weakest link. Despite having the top rated running game and offensive line helping him out none the less. Makes me wonder how many more INT's he would have thrown had he not been protected! I mean 20 with him having the training wheels on??

I remember the last 6-7 games of the regular season coming down the stretch where he combined to throw like a total of only 3 touchdowns and had 8 or 9 picks!

I also remember him only completing a combined TOTAL of 66 completions throughout his last 6 games of the regular season! That's an average of what? 10-11 completions a game?!?!

Also his yardage totals looked something like this to finish up the regular season...
WK 11 - 136 yds
WK 12 - 154 yds
WK 13 - 104 yds
WK 15 - 226 yds
WK 16 - 106 yds
WK 17 - 63 yds

Patriots 12-4
Jets 9-7 (Losses to Ravens, @Miami, Vikings, @Broncos, @Patriots, @Steelers, and @Bears)
Dolphins 8-8 (Losses to @ Bills, @Vikings, Patriots, @Patriots, @Packers, @Bengals, @Ravens, @jets)
Bills 6-10 (Wins Dolphins, Lions, Bears, Browns, Jaguars, @ KC)

1-7 on the road? :lol:

Well, we agree on the Bills. :up:
I either want the Bills to shock the world and make the playoffs or be one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL so we can either get the best LT or one of the top QB's.

I just dont think the Bills are bad enough to have a top 5 pick. They will probably finish 5-11 or 6-10 and pick around 6th-10th.

1-7 on the road? :lol:
The only game that is debatable is the season opener, and season openers are not telling of how the season will go.

Your laughing, besides the opener which is debatable, which teams do you feel confident your beating on the road? Like its a no brainer.

When you put the teams down it puts it in perspective. 6 of those 7 losses I gave you guys are to playoff teams a year ago and all 6 of those teams look pretty good this year.

Miami D is no where near Jets D.
Miami offense is isn't superior than the Jets O

Why wouldn't Miami win both games this yr vs. Jets? Because they won't get two kickoff return TDs and a flukey 50 yarder against Revis every year.

Waaaaaahhhhhh!! :crying:

You seem to forget about how our running game carved up your D on that monday nighter huh?

I dont know, great OL, great running game, great defense.

I thought he had a bad rookie year considering the situation he was in, how man rookies get that?

Joe Flacco is probably the closest. Ben Roethlisberger also. Sanchez had a terrible rookie year compared to their rookie years.

No question he had some advantages for a rookie BUT he had enormous pressure coming to a team w/ that talent and a team that had choked away a div title the year before and couldn't win w/ a HOF QB, He also was w/o Edwards for 4 games, cotch missed time, he lost his security blanket out of the backfield early in the year(Leon) so factoring all that in he had a good rookie year that ended on a high note w/ him playing his best football in the biggest games.

Let' s see, you lost your best O-Guard, and your best RB from last year, and will be replacing them with a rookie Guard, and a former great RB that has declined bigtime, trust me, you guys better be light years better passing, because running is not going to help you much this year.

Actually he was our worst OG and our worst starting OL but I still wish we brought him back.

LT is NOT coming here to start, Shonn Greene is our top back and last year in his limited role he was the best RB on EITHER team.

Waaaaaahhhhhh!! :crying:

You seem to forget about how our running game carved up your D on that monday nighter huh?

We did completely shut down your run the 2nd game.

I can't wait for football season.:D

The only game that is debatable is the season opener, and season openers are not telling of how the season will go.

Your laughing, besides the opener which is debatable, which teams do you feel confident your beating on the road? Like its a no brainer.

When you put the teams down it puts it in perspective. 6 of those 7 losses I gave you guys are to playoff teams a year ago and all 6 of those teams look pretty good this year.

No road game is a gimme, but I do think it's a bit of wishful thinking that the Dolphins only win 1 road game. Henne is going to have a coming out party this season. Laugh all you want, but last year he was practically a rookie who was thrown into a system with zero first team snaps. In 3 of his last 5 games, he had over 320 yards. He's going to be better. The offense is going to be dramatically improved over last year. I do still think the defense (especially getting to the QB and the secondary) is suspect due to youth. It's almost the mirror of the Jets, who I think is markedly better on defense but very suspect on offense. That's why I think the Patriots will still route them both to the top of the division. I think they win 3 road games, @Cinci, @Oakland, and they'll steal one more from Baltimore, Green Bay, or maybe even Minnesota (sans Favre). I think they go 7-1 at home, losing to NE or Pittsburgh (who I think will have the best defense in the league next year, don't sleep on Pitt).

TBH though, we're not too far off on our final record predictions. We both have NE winning with the Jets/Dolphins being really close, although I don't think anyone in the division wins 12 games. The scariest thing about Miami's schedule is they finish with some soft teams. So if they play well at the start of the season, they could get a pretty relaxed road to the playoffs and enter with some tremendous momentum.

No question he had some advantages for a rookie BUT he had enormous pressure coming to a team w/ that talent and a team that had choked away a div title the year before and couldn't win w/ a HOF QB, He also was w/o Edwards for 4 games, cotch missed time, he lost his security blanket out of the backfield early in the year(Leon) so factoring all that in he had a good rookie year that ended on a high note w/ him playing his best football in the biggest games.

The pressure is still on Sanchez, and its even greater this year.

If Sanchez is good, 15-1 is not a crazy prediction, the Jets are top 10 everywhere besides QB.

The pressure is still on Sanchez, and its even greater this year.

If Sanchez is good, 15-1 is not a crazy prediction, the Jets are top 10 everywhere besides QB.

15-1 is a crazy prediction for any team. If sanchez became the best QB in the game it would still be a crazy prediction.

15-1 is a crazy prediction for any team. If sanchez became the best QB in the game it would still be a crazy prediction.
If Peyton Manning played for the Jets they probably wouldnt lose. I havent seen a team that has a top 5 defense, top 5 running game, and a top 5 special teams probably ever.

Problem is IMO you have no QB, which makes you guys a 9-10 win team.

If Peyton Manning played for the Jets they probably wouldnt lose. I havent seen a team that has a top 5 defense, top 5 running game, and a top 5 special teams probably ever.

Problem is IMO you have no QB, which makes you guys a 9-10 win team.

w/ Peyton we wouldn't lose until postseason when he always chokes.

To say we have no QB is foolish, we have a 2nd year QB who showed alot as a rookie. He's going to be a good one in this league- will it be this year? I don't know but we can win and win big w/ him.

Back
Top Bottom