Jets to Hire Todd Bowles as Head Coach | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets to Hire Todd Bowles as Head Coach

Not exactly what i'm talking about but i'll humor you anyway.

It's subjective. Most coaches end up getting fired at some point. Rex had an up and down tenure with the Jets. The woes on offense did him in.

But he's superior to any of your recent Head Coaches as well as your present one who should have been fired the same day Rex got his walking papers :3w:
not sure how you can say that. philbin has never had a 4-12 record. Rex may be slightly better, because of the playoff appearances. but wouldn't say superior. Philbin has only had 3 years, compared to rex's 6.

not sure how you can say that. philbin has never had a 4-12 record. Rex may be slightly better, because of the playoff appearances. but wouldn't say superior. Philbin has only had 3 years, compared to rex's 6.

Philbin never had a playoff app either let alone winning 4 PO games and reaching 2 title games.

after 3 years Rex had 2 PO apps and 4 PO wins. Name me the coaches that haven't even been to the playoff games w/in their first 3 years? there aren't many.

Philbin never had a playoff app either let alone winning 4 PO games and reaching 2 title games.

after 3 years Rex had 2 PO apps and 4 PO wins. Name me the coaches that haven't even been to the playoff games w/in their first 3 years? there aren't many.

Jason Garrett :lol:

Bill Parcells and Al Groh

WOW...

So one of the only 2 winning coach's only coached 1 year than quit? And Bill Parcell's is Who you hang yer hat on!:lol:

WOW...

So one of the only 2 winning coach's only coached 1 year than quit? And Bill Parcell's is Who you hang yer hat on!:lol:

you guys only have 3 and the last one was Dave Wannstedt

I don't get the Parcells comment? he's an all time great coach.

I don't think so. When he was with the Gmen, yes...after that not so much.

after that not so much? turned worst franchise in football into SB team in NE, turned one of worst franchises to SB contender here, got Dallas winning again after years of mediocrity. He was great COACHING everywhere he went.

after that not so much? turned worst franchise in football into SB team in NE, turned one of worst franchises to SB contender here, got Dallas winning again after years of mediocrity. He was great COACHING everywhere he went.

Okay.

you guys only have 3 and the last one was Dave Wannstedt I don't get the Parcells comment? he's an all time great coach.
It's 4 if you count the short time your current HC was the interim. The difference is that we have only had 10 coaches in franchise history. 4 out of 10 isn't bad. The Jets have had 18. Dolphins have had a winning HC 40% of the time in franchise history. Jets have had a winning HC only 11% of the time in franchise history. I'm with you on Parcells. He helped turn around every franchise he went to. The Cowboys wasn't his best job, but he still got them to the playoffs 50% of the time after taking over a team that had 3 straight 5-11 seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's 4 if you count the short time your current HC was the interim. The difference is that we have only had 9 coaches in franchise history. 4 out of 9 isn't bad. The Jets have had 18.

Dolphins have had a winning HC 44% of the time in franchise history.
Jets have had a winning HC only 11% of the time in franchise history.

I'm with you on Parcells. He helped turn around every franchise he went to. The Cowboys wasn't his best job, but he still got them to the playoffs 50% of the time after taking over a team that had 3 straight 5-11 seasons.
Dude. You are dealing in too large of time frame. You gotta stick with the smaller time frame so everyone can follow along.

Back
Top Bottom