Jets to reach out to Parcells? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets to reach out to Parcells?

If Parcells reached out and helped him it would seem like a pretty clear conflict of interest.

Why would Rex Ryan need help from Miami's Bill Parcells when CLEARLY his team is better than ours? I mean, that is what he continues to imply in his press conferences, yes?

Rex... Excuse me Tuna.. Tuna??.. mmmmm delicious Tuna... Could you hold for just a minute let me get a sandwich..

I think if he does help it would be like "hang in their" or "Scout carefully" nothing special. If anything this is good for us, it shows that the jets are in trouble.

and he broke down in tears during a team meeting. ROFL!!

Rex Ryan sheds tears in team meeting

Posted by Mike Florio on November 17, 2009 9:06 AM ET
After winning his first NFL game as a head coach, Rex Ryan got choked up.

Now that the Jets have lost five of their next eight games (and five of six), Ryan is shedding tears again.

According to Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post, Ryan cried during a Monday morning team meeting following Sunday's loss to the Jaguars.

"He didn't bash us at all; he was just very emotional . . . he was crying," tackle Damien Woody told Cannizzaro. "Rex believes in our team so much I can't even put it into words and it would be a shame if we didn't capitalize on our opportunity."

"I was a little upset to see him that way," cornerback Darrelle Revis added. "I'm upset for the same reasons he's upset. . . . I haven't been a part of a meeting where a coach cried like that. . . . In the future, I hope there are more tears of joy than the one this morning."

"He was talking about the situation -- this upcoming game with New England and how we're still there, how we still have a pulse," Woody explained. "He said it's all about us, that nobody believes in us and that we are the only ones who believe we can get things done.

"He said, 'I believe in you; I believe you get can get this thing done,' and that's when he really got emotional. . . .

"He wants guys to understand how good we can be if we just do the little things. It all goes back to his belief in this team. That's why he was so emotional. He was crying because he believes in our team so much he sees the opportunity and it would be a shame if we didn't capitalize on our opportunity."

Every year, a team seems to emerge from a mediocre midseason record, getting hot down the stretch and carrying it into the postseason. And if the Jets can go to Foxborough and complete a sweep of the Patriots, that might be the spark Ryan's team needs.

But maybe Ryan's tears came from the reality that, after letting one get away on Sunday night in Indy, the Patriots will be looking to hang 60 on a Jets team that treated a win in Week Two like a victory in early February.

I hope he does call so BP can tell him the exact wrong thing to do

i don't see the big deal here.....parcells did the same exact thing when he started out his HC'ing career (pretty badly i might add). he's not gonna be asking parcells for game plans......just probably for some insight since parcells was in the same exact situation when he started out. and he had to do it in the same town as well.

no it isnt. apparently, he's contacting several football guys that he respects and looking to get advice on how to deal with adversity.
So if Parcells helped Ryan deal with adversity that would be of benefit to the Jets, right? And if it's of benefit to the Jets then it's putting Miami at a competetvie disadvantage, right? Is your point that if the requested aid isn't about a specific aspect of football then it's ok? I'm not exactly militant when it comes to this kind of stuff, but geez- they're our biggest rival and in our division, probably our most disliked team on top of it - why help them at all?

So if Parcells helped Ryan deal with adversity that would be of benefit to the Jets, right? And if it's of benefit to the Jets then it's putting Miami at a competetvie disadvantage, right? Is your point that if the requested aid isn't about a specific aspect of football then it's ok? I'm not exactly militant when it comes to this kind of stuff, but geez- they're our biggest rival and in our division, probably our most disliked team on top of it - why help them at all?

Think about it, what can parcells really tell him thats going to be of any use???

Fight through it, bench the rook, hang yourself in the locker room???

All it is , is a sign that maybe this isn't as easy as Rex thought it was going to be and he's looking for some advice from guys who have been there. No big deal.

What a doof.

WANTED: Coaching lessons for current Head Coach of now-defunct NFL franchise. Discretion unnecessary. Resumes must be printed on bottom of (full) box of Krispy Kremes. Will compensate by sharing family library of 100+ nacho cheese recipes.

Maybe the story got confused and this is what Ryan really wanted:

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom