Jim Turner helped Jerry lose 35lbs since start of camp | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Turner helped Jerry lose 35lbs since start of camp

Jerry definitely had some trouble on Sunday, though. He's still a work in progress. At this point, he's "decent starter" material. Against top quality guys he's getting thrown around. He's not at the level of Long, Incognito or Pouncey. Martin is coming along fairly well. Good news is, there's some progress. I think after this season, Martin will be just fine and Miami will have an incredibly solid o-line. One of the best in the league, actually.

Pouncey is a top 3 NFL Center... and people were mad we took him #16. I love it!

Jerry definitely had some trouble on Sunday, though. He's still a work in progress. At this point, he's "decent starter" material. Against top quality guys he's getting thrown around. He's not at the level of Long, Incognito or Pouncey. Martin is coming along fairly well. Good news is, there's some progress. I think after this season, Martin will be just fine and Miami will have an incredibly solid o-line. One of the best in the league, actually.

Pouncey is a top 3 NFL Center... and people were mad we took him #16. I love it!
We took him #15 and yeah even though he's playing very well I'm ticked about it. Top 15 picks should be spent on playmakers, skill positions. If we wanted him we should have tried to trade down a few spots and still got him plus an extra 3rd rounder.

Jerry is doing good but I'd still draft a guard in the second or third round (we have 4 picks in the second/third don't we?). There needs to be competition on the guard positions, can't let these guards feel entitled. Our tackle and center positions are locked, but both guards need improvement or replacement.

We took him #15 and yeah even though he's playing very well I'm ticked about it. Top 15 picks should be spent on playmakers, skill positions. If we wanted him we should have tried to trade down a few spots and still got him plus an extra 3rd rounder.

Pittsburgh was ready to trade in order to take him, this theory has already been put to bed long time. What good is a playmaker if you can't protect your Qb? How are you suppose to get the ball to them? This is football 101. And if you're stubborn truth, Pouncey has been the best center in the league this year, and hes just in second season and you're still mad? Tell me who you have drafted after the trade down? If you don't have a good line you have squad.

And without so call playmakers we had 60 +20 Yard Plays Last year, and we are currently on par to shatter that total this year and that's without Marshall.

16 Washington Redskins Ryan Kerrigan DE
17 New England Patriots Nate Solder OL
18 San Diego Chargers Corey Liuget DT
19 New York Giants Prince Amukamara CB
20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Adrian Clayborn DL
21 Cleveland Browns Phil Taylor DL
22 Indianapolis Colts Anthony Castonzo OL
23 Philadelphia Eagles Danny Watkins OL
24 New Orleans Saints Cameron Jordan DE
25 Seattle Seahawks James Carpenter OL
26 Kansas City Chiefs Jonathan Baldwin WR
27 Baltimore Ravens Jimmy Smith CB
28 New Orleans Saints Mark Ingram RB
29 Chicago Bears Gabe Carimi OL
30 New York Jets Muhammad Wilkerson DT
31 Pittsburgh Steelers Cam Heyward DT
32 Green Bay Packers Derek Sherrod OL

Please Tell Who On This List Can Say they are unequivocally the best at their position?

I've never understood why people call them "Navy SEALs"....As opposed to what? "Army SEALs"?

SEAL stands for Sea,Air and Land-they are the special operatons arm of the U.S. Navy, that's why. But that's still funny. lol

SEAL stands for Sea,Air and Land-they are the special operatons arm of the U.S. Navy, that's why. But that's still funny. lol

I understand that.

But it's not like any other service has SEALs. There are no Army, Air Force, nor Marine SEALs....Hence, if you use the term "SEAL", the terms MUST be refering to the SEALs,
who, in fact are a Naval unit. Just one of those things that always irritated me. You don't say "The Navy Ship USS Nimitz"....There's only one Nimitz, and it's a naval ship.

I've never understood why people call them "Navy SEALs"....As opposed to what? "Army SEALs"?

Because it's formal goon

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Pittsburgh was ready to trade in order to take him, this theory has already been put to bed long time. What good is a playmaker if you can't protect your Qb? How are you suppose to get the ball to them? This is football 101. And if you're stubborn truth, Pouncey has been the best center in the league this year, and hes just in second season and you're still mad? Tell me who you have drafted after the trade down? If you don't have a good line you have squad.

And without so call playmakers we had 60 +20 Yard Plays Last year, and we are currently on par to shatter that total this year and that's without Marshall.

16 Washington Redskins Ryan Kerrigan DE
17 New England Patriots Nate Solder OL
18 San Diego Chargers Corey Liuget DT
19 New York Giants Prince Amukamara CB
20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Adrian Clayborn DL
21 Cleveland Browns Phil Taylor DL
22 Indianapolis Colts Anthony Castonzo OL
23 Philadelphia Eagles Danny Watkins OL
24 New Orleans Saints Cameron Jordan DE
25 Seattle Seahawks James Carpenter OL
26 Kansas City Chiefs Jonathan Baldwin WR
27 Baltimore Ravens Jimmy Smith CB
28 New Orleans Saints Mark Ingram RB
29 Chicago Bears Gabe Carimi OL
30 New York Jets Muhammad Wilkerson DT
31 Pittsburgh Steelers Cam Heyward DT
32 Green Bay Packers Derek Sherrod OL

Please Tell Who On This List Can Say they are unequivocally the best at their position?

Ingram and Baldwin could be on my team any day

I've said this several times. John Jerry is one of the most damning players against Sparano and his staff. Jerry got sick during his rookie season and lost a lot of weight. He came to the next camp out of shape and they just had him practice on the 2nd team at a bunch of different positions, and while he made the team they were ready to cut him. Philbin and Turner recognized he was making a lot of mistakes but he had talent so what did they do? They pushed Jerry to his limit and then passed them. They made him practice till he puked. Turner even said if Jerry could reach his potential he'd be one of our best linemen, and what they did was a last resort thing. If it didn't work, Jerry had was unsavable but it worked.

Oh, and for more Jim Turner goodness, 2 guys he recruited and coached up at A&M are arguably the top 2 OT prospects in the draft (depending on how much you like Taylor Lewan) both are juniors but their names are Luke Joeckel and Jake Matthews (Bruce's son)

We took him #15 and yeah even though he's playing very well I'm ticked about it. Top 15 picks should be spent on playmakers, skill positions. If we wanted him we should hvae tried to trade down a few spots and still got him plus an extra 3rd rounder.

Do you know who was the cornerstone pick of the Ravens team that went to the Superbowl?

Jonathon Ogden in the 1st round, then Ray Lewis at the bottom of the 1st round. Great teams are built from the lines out.

Matt Millen was a GM who liked to always draft skill players on day 1. How did it work out for him?

Because it's formal goon

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Yeah, I agree. But I wouldn't take them over Pouncey, would you ? They are not even on Pouncey's level right now.

Mark Ingram #28 RB
Career Stats
CAR
YDS
AVG
TDS

And without so call playmakers we had 60 +20 Yard Plays Last year, and we are currently on par to shatter that total this year and that's without Marshall

First off we had 56 pass plays of 20+ yards and this year the 20+ yard pass plays are a product of the offense and our rookie QB more than anything else.

2nd since you know that Pittsburgh was going to trade up...which was rumor and never confirmed...why don't you enlighten us with where they were going to trade up to?

3rd, I believe PFF has Pouncey ranked the 2nd best Center right now...can't remember who's first.

And like I said if you wanted Pouncey trade down and pick up an extra 3rd....but Ryan Kerrigan, Corey Liuget, Prince Amukamara and Phil Taylor are all darn good players...Liuget and Taylor would not have been needed though...Kerrigan would have been nice to pair with Wake and given our lack of depth Amukamara would be nice right about now.

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Do you know who was the cornerstone pick of the Ravens team that went to the Superbowl?

Jonathon Ogden in the 1st round, then Ray Lewis at the bottom of the 1st round. Great teams are built from the lines out.

Matt Millen was a GM who liked to always draft skill players on day 1. How did it work out for him?
So you're comparing a LT to a Center...OK whatever makes you feel better, lol.

Because it's formal goon

INGRAM? Really? Dude is terrible.

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

You're one of those guys that still thinks LT is this end all be all important position right behind the QB, huh?

Try to avoid using ESPN for your analysis, Mr. Draft.

Back
Top Bottom