Joe Philbin says TE Michael Egnew will have to improve his "play speed" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Philbin says TE Michael Egnew will have to improve his "play speed"

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
Dolphins coach Joe Philbin says TE Michael Egnew will have to improve his "play speed" to have any chance of getting on the field in 2013.

"Get off the ball quicker, get a better release off the line of scrimmage, get down field quicker," Philbin said. "Just speed it up." Philbin's comments are an indictment of a player GM Jeff Ireland has continued to stand behind. The 2012 third-round pick's roster spot will be very much up in the air heading into training camp.

Source: Miami Herald
Mar 19 - 8:38 P

Egnew will be cut ala Pat White, Patrick Turner, etc....hmm which reminds me, I wonder what John Nalbone is doing these days.

Dolphins coach Joe Philbin says TE Michael Egnew will have to improve his "play speed" to have any chance of getting on the field in 2013.

"Get off the ball quicker, get a better release off the line of scrimmage, get down field quicker," Philbin said. "Just speed it up." Philbin's comments are an indictment of a player GM Jeff Ireland has continued to stand behind. The 2012 third-round pick's roster spot will be very much up in the air heading into training camp.

Source: Miami Herald
Mar 19 - 8:38 P

he also forgot to mention he will need to actually learn to block and catch a ball

Egnew will be cut ala Pat White, Patrick Turner, etc....hmm which reminds me, I wonder what John Nalbone is doing these days.

He plays canastra with Vontae's grandma. Sometimes she lets him win, so he doesn't feel like a total loser.

Last edited by a moderator:
why not use him as a receiver in the red zone? i think he still has a chance to be decent

I think Egnew could still work out.

He is lucky enough to be considered a considerably high draft pick and will get at least one more full offseason to prove his value to this team.

FYI< he doesnt have to prove to be an immediate starter, just needs to show enough improvement that he is worth developing.
Chubbs

What a shock. A rookie having to improve his play speed.

The players can use him as the goal posts when playing table football....
If the coach had to tell him that advice, he is gone for sure.

Does not sound too good. Hopefully philbin is lighting a fire up his you know what to get him ready for next year. I wish that kid well. Its not college anymore.

Egnew's problem isn't his physical ability - his problem is between his ears. Maybe this offseason he should be going to a shrink instead of MMA. I just feel like all these problems Philbin says about this kid arise from having no confidence. Time to man up Egnew.

Back
Top Bottom