Joe Philbin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Philbin

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
Two things regarding Philbin...one, he IS going to be at the game tomorrow. What a perfect place to be for him at least for a little bit. I wish him luck.

Secondly, I cannot believe nobody brought this up today, but both Jay Glazer and Charlie Casserly said the Fins "loved" their interview with him.

Maybe we are passing him off too quickly because of the awful tragedy. I am sure he has not weighed in whether he wants to move from his home in these trying times. However, perhaps waiting a bit is not a bad thing if his interview and prospects are that good.

I was not the biggest Philbin guy early on. Did not love him, but was not against him. Kind of ambivalent.

However, since this tragedy in his family, how the Packers rallied around him and Philbin showing to the game Sunday, I am starting to like the guy.

im not a big philbin guy (but i like him a lot more than mccoy lol) but i wouldnt be against it.. the difference between PC jr and philbin for me is that philbins specialty is O-line and doesnt call plays.

I was not the biggest Philbin guy early on. Did not love him, but was not against him. Kind of ambivalent.

However, since this tragedy in his family, how the Packers rallied around him and Philbin showing to the game Sunday, I am starting to like the guy.

remember our front office does like PC jr too because we have tried twice to get him as OC

i think the fins have "loved" every person they interviewed so far. i mean cmon what are they going to say, " interviewee was clueless, we will in no way make an offer". its just pc talk.

i think its gonna come down to what has the best chance to put fans in the stands. And what does the more than installing a high powered offense and that would lead me to believe PC jr and philbin has a leg up on the others because there offensive schemes would bring excitement to our offense and fans

i think the fins have "loved" every person they interviewed so far. i mean cmon what are they going to say, " interviewee was clueless, we will in no way make an offer". its just pc talk.

i agree, they arent gonna go out and say that the interview was a bad one out of respect to the interviewee

i agree, they arent gonna go out and say that the interview was a bad one out of respect to the interviewee
plus i dont think it bodes well for any person interviewed pre fisher. we are scheduling interviews not going back to philbin,toub,etc. none of those guys are working out terms with the fins like fisher supposedly was. i believe our next coach hasnt been interviewed yet.

I think it is going to come down to who JEFF IRELAND likes.

i think its gonna come down to what has the best chance to put fans in the stands. And what does the more than installing a high powered offense and that would lead me to believe PC jr and philbin has a leg up on the others because there offensive schemes would bring excitement to our offense and fans
if we hire mccoy , fin nation will riot in the streets.

i see absolutely NO WAY he does all this under these circumstances.

he will need to be with his family, his wife. that first year is going to be horrible for the family and rooting them up and hanging a big load of stress on philbin with being a first time h/c, new team, new town, moving, etc on top of this tragedy...... i just dont see it.

and really, how much can he really be into a game after this. that first year with a team as h/c is CRUCIAL, and i dont see him having the heart and soul in it he needs. and understandably.

they will probably make a play for him if this rumour is true, but honestly, i hope he turns it down. his family needs him this year and we need someone who can come in here guns blazing and enthusiastic.

Tony Dungy coached under similar circumstances. We are all different though. I would not blame him either way.

Back
Top Bottom