Joe Philbin..... | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Philbin.....

I never liked the way Marino finished out his career, Jimmy Johnson and Wannstedt ruined him and the team. I think he would have won a Super Bowl had he gone to another team, but even in Marino's prime years, Jim Kelly owned the AFC East for a long time during the 90's. And, a lot of my feelings have changed about him since all that time has passed, primarily the recent private issues, which for some reason, the media never ran with it. He broke a lot of records , but only won 5 AFC East championships. He did beat the great Undefeated Bears, I was there that day and I have Mark Clayton's wrist bands from the famous game. I'll never forget the loss to the Patriots in 1985, we would have returned to the Super Bowl and faced the Bears, imagine the ratings that game would have had. Turnovers killed us in that game, with torrential down pours. I guess if anything, I am more saddened he never won the Super Bowl.

Take a look at these helmets -

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/ch_afce.htm

I never liked the way Marino finished out his career, Jimmy Johnson and Wannstedt ruined him and the team. I think he would have won a Super Bowl had he gone to another team, but even in Marino's prime years, Jim Kelly owned the AFC East for a long time during the 90's. And, a lot of my feelings have changed about him since all that time has passed, primarily the recent private issues, which for some reason, the media never ran with it. He broke a lot of records , but only won 5 AFC East championships. He did beat the great Undefeated Bears, I was there that day and I have Mark Clayton's wrist bands from the famous game. I'll never forget the loss to the Patriots in 1985, we would have returned to the Super Bowl and faced the Bears, imagine the ratings that game would have had. Turnovers killed us in that game, with torrential down pours. I guess if anything, I am more saddened he never won the Super Bowl.

Take a look at these helmets -

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/ch_afce.htm

Joe Philbin taught you how to understand sarcasm

Back
Top Bottom