Joe Philbin's post-season comments... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Philbin's post-season comments...

What about Ireland's history suggests I should have a high expectation for his free agency period and draft. Ireland has already contributed to one coach here losing his job, so by keeping him and possibly being forced to change Gm's next season, he could easily take Philben with him.QUOTE]

No, Sparano was as bad a HC as I ever seen, he is really an inept guy with lots of passion but little brains! Look the disaster he made on New York, and he was fired after one season. Sparano being bad had nothing to do with Ireland being average. I said average because he has landed VERY good players in Jones (5th), Wake (FA), Fields and Pouncey (1st). Lots of players looking SOLID like, Misi, Bess, Hartline, Miller and Smith. Some players that were really good but are declining and/or very expensive like Long, Langford and Vontae Davis (who was traded at the right time). And some free agents that are difference makers like Dansby, Bush and Starks. If Tannehill is in fact a Solid QB, that would make him above average.

Jeff crearly made some big mistakes like Pat White (I don't know if he was his pick), Beck, Jerry, Edds and Turner, and some stupid FA signings but he not that bad. BAD is the GM of the Jets. Gholston (1 round bust), Keller (not a first round talent), Sanchez (first round bust), Wilson (looking average 1st round), Coples (on dissapearing mode 1st round), that is BAD!!

Sure, we can blame Beck on Ireland too. Why not?

Dlockz, while i agree with you in every sense of thw word, COME ON! You spelled sparano's name correctly and yet philbin's name wrong! Dudeeeeeee

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

SOOOOO you think investing in a company that you feel has a bad owner, bad vision, bad personnel and bad managerial staff makes sense?Furthermore, Because of all the "money" all these years, you've "already invested?" Yep, your right! I must be the crazy, illogical one.

Hmm the Miami dolphins are not Stephen Ross he is just the owner. I dont have favorite teams based on the owner. I have been a dolphin fan my whole life and will never change but doesnt mean I have to think the people running it are doing a good job. Hell Stephen Ross is 72 he will be dead and gone one day and I will still be a fan. I dont give one flying f about Stephen Ross except the way he handles my team and so far i dont like it.Huzeienga may have not been a great owner but he always got exactly who he wanted to run his team and at least we didnt lose every season of his ownership. If huzienga had wanted Harbaugh he would have got harbaugh you can guarantee that

I find it interesting that you believe Jeff Ireland can't do what he has already done, but have faith that Matt Ryan can do what he has never done.
yes, we saw the Dolphins decline from '09 to '11 but they reversed the trend this year.
Do you believe the 2012 team was better than 2011?

Not really we won one more game but we lost alot of close ones last year. I think we have been basically the same team the last 4 years. Defense was not better this year and really the offense was not better.
As for Matt Ryan he has won 13 games in a season two years ina row so he has proven he can win games. If we had won 10 games this season and missed the playoffs with actual improvement yes I would have faith that Ireland might be better. I dont see how the two compare. Ryan has put his team in position to win playoff games the past two years while Ireland keeps building 7-9 teams. Seriously tell me u will be shocked if the Falcons win their playoff game this week lol. i mean what about a qb that has won 26 games in two years would lead u to believe that he is incapable of winning a playoff game at all compared with me doubting a gm that has built 4 straight losing teams and got his coach fired

I really get it, I do! But, at this point considering it's very obvious J.Ireland isn't going anywhere. Why don't Ireland haters just root for the guy to have a solid offseason and draft this year? In the long run doesn't that benefit everyone?

Are people really going to spend the entire offseason wishing for the guy to get fired?

As per your Philbin comment isn't the fact that he's saying the "right things" a absolute plus and all he can do at this juncture? Back-up the talk will have to wait until next season starts no?

Enjoy the moment folks!

^^^THANK YOU FOR THIS^^^ :clap:

Not really we won one more game but we lost alot of close ones last year. I think we have been basically the same team the last 4 years. Defense was not better this year and really the offense was not better.
As for Matt Ryan he has won 13 games in a season two years ina row so he has proven he can win games. If we had won 10 games this season and missed the playoffs with actual improvement yes I would have faith that Ireland might be better. I dont see how the two compare. Ryan has put his team in position to win playoff games the past two years while Ireland keeps building 7-9 teams. Seriously tell me u will be shocked if the Falcons win their playoff game this week lol. i mean what about a qb that has won 26 games in two years would lead u to believe that he is incapable of winning a playoff game at all compared with me doubting a gm that has built 4 straight losing teams and got his coach fired
Aren't you the guy that says you can learn about a man by looking at his history? Well, history shows Jeff Ireland can build a payoff team and Matt Ryan sucks in the playoffs. Fortunes can change but Ryan has been in 3 playoff games after 10+ win seasons and was absolutely dismal in all 3. Would I be shocked if he wins this weekend? Of course not, he is one of the most talented QB's in the league and he is way overdue. But let me ask- would you be shocked if he stunk up the joint? If history is your guide, you should almost expect it.
I believe the Dolphins are in better team than last year, no way last year's team beats the Bengals and Seahawks on the road. plus they are in a better position for both free agency and the draft

Aren't you the guy that says you can learn about a man by looking at his history? Well, history shows Jeff Ireland can build a payoff team and Matt Ryan sucks in the playoffs. Fortunes can change but Ryan has been in 3 playoff games after 10+ win seasons and was absolutely dismal in all 3. Would I be shocked if he wins this weekend? Of course not, he is one of the most talented QB's in the league and he is way overdue. But let me ask- would you be shocked if he stunk up the joint? If history is your guide, you should almost expect it.
I believe the Dolphins are in better team than last year, no way last year's team beats the Bengals and Seahawks on the road. plus they are in a better position for both free agency and the draft

I would be shocked if he stunk up the joint because in reality he hasnt played at the same level but lets not act like he goes into playoffs and throws like 3 int each game. As for last years team they almost went into NE week 16 and beat NE who is much better than either of those teams and they beat the jets in the last game of the year unlike this years team that didnt even show up for the final game in NE this year.
We are better in two aspects this year special teams and pass protection but wr is much weaker as is corner. I dont see this years team as so much better than last years.

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

Also if Irleand had built a playoff team we would not have been losing for 4 years afterward. He did build a team that went to playoffs once in 5 years while having a losing record the other 4.

I really get it, I do! But, at this point considering it's very obvious J.Ireland isn't going anywhere. Why don't Ireland haters just root for the guy to have a solid offseason and draft this year? In the long run doesn't that benefit everyone?

Are people really going to spend the entire offseason wishing for the guy to get fired?

As per your Philbin comment isn't the fact that he's saying the "right things" a absolute plus and all he can do at this juncture? Back-up the talk will have to wait until next season starts no?

Enjoy the moment folks!

I'd love for him to prove me wrong. Unfortunately, there is almost nothing in the past that gives me any hope that it will happen.

Enjoy the moment folks!

What moment are we enjoying exactly we were 7-9 is there something I missed

I want to see Jeff put talent around ryan on O and get the talent to compete for a chance to win our division on D. It is alot to ask but we have lots of ammunition this offseason in terms of $ and picks.

My philosophy is to build to win your division. We are built right now to beat NYJ and BUF, we match up almost perfectly against both, what we need is more of a consistant pass rush and improved DB play. In the first three rounds i would like us to come out with 3 of these 4 positions of need WR TE CB, DE. The talent will be there, we just have to hit on the right guys.

I would be shocked if he stunk up the joint because in reality he hasnt played at the same level but lets not act like he goes into playoffs and throws like 3 int each game. As for last years team they almost went into NE week 16 and beat NE who is much better than either of those teams and they beat the jets in the last game of the year unlike this years team that didnt even show up for the final game in NE this year.
We are better in two aspects this year special teams and pass protection but wr is much weaker as is corner. I dont see this years team as so much better than last years.
I didn't know we were counting "almost" wins. This year's team almost beat the Patriots in the first game. The also almost beat the Colts. So that's 2 almost wins and 2 real wins against playoff teams. How many wins did the 2011 team get against playoff teams?

Finally we have someone with a brain as a Head Coach....haven't seen that since Jimmy (or Saban) was here. Wanny was/is a dope....Cam was a buttercup/not a leader....Sparano was clueless and was handed the job by his friend Parcells, etc....

I didn't know we were counting "almost" wins. This year's team almost beat the Patriots in the first game. The also almost beat the Colts. So that's 2 almost wins and 2 real wins against playoff teams. How many wins did the 2011 team get against playoff teams?

I wasnt countin almost wins I was saying they had basically the same record but playing tough at NE is impressive almost win or not. They led NE 17-0 at half . Although the score seems close in our first game with ne , it wasnt close. We never once was in danger of winning that game. It only looked close because we kicked a field goal with like a minute left but at no point did we have a chance to win. We are basically the same team we have been for the last 4 years basically 7-9

I wasnt countin almost wins I was saying they had basically the same record but playing tough at NE is impressive almost win or not. They led NE 17-0 at half . Although the score seems close in our first game with ne , it wasnt close. We never once was in danger of winning that game. It only looked close because we kicked a field goal with like a minute left but at no point did we have a chance to win. We are basically the same team we have been for the last 4 years basically 7-9
sorry, almost winning against a good team is not the same as actually winning against one. also, the Dolphins scored late in last year's game to make it close but were never in danger of winning that one either.
imo, coming back from 14 points down in the 4th quarter and beating a team playing this weekend is much more impressive. it is also something last year's team could not do.
bottom line: in 2012 they won more and they won the type of games that the 2011 team didn't. they are also in better shape for the offseason with a ton of money and extra picks. they have a legit QB, a coach with a clue and a direction, all things they didn't have 12 months ago. definitely not "basically the same"

Back
Top Bottom