John Abraham | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Abraham

JA would command to much money and we also have a fleet on the D line as a whole. But for the right price:)

Disgustipate said:
We did look at Derrick Burgess in the offseason, so Saban might not be completely against converting a smaller, speed rusher type DE to full time strongside linebacker.

It's just got to be the right player. Like Manny Lawson. :bong2:

Burgess was brought before the draft and we picked Roth plus Burgess isnt small at all he is like 285 pounds.

Joey 22 said:
Burgess was brought before the draft and we picked Roth plus Burgess isnt small at all he is like 285 pounds.

He's not 285, just search his name under google it's not that hard :shakeno:

Will Witherspoon would be the perfect pick up for this team. I think he'd be wonderful in this defense, and he'd instantly be the third best player on the defense as well. A player like him is all we need. I'd love to get Julian Peterson, but I'd much rather sign an expensive CB like Nate Clements and land someone like Witherspoon.

As for Manny Wright, I don't think he's ready to be a full time starter as of yet...

Blueprint said:
Will Witherspoon would be the perfect pick up for this team. I think he'd be wonderful in this defense, and he'd instantly be the third best player on the defense as well. A player like him is all we need. I'd love to get Julian Peterson, but I'd much rather sign an expensive CB like Nate Clements and land someone like Witherspoon.

As for Manny Wright, I don't think he's ready to be a full time starter as of yet...

Been saying this all along.. Why sign someone like JP who is older, more costly, and more injury prone than someone like Witherspoon who is young and should come pretty cheap... Our LB's would look like this..

LOLB - Witherspoon

MLB - Thomas

ROLB - Crowder

Now tell me that isisnt scary for opposing teams... :evil:

I'd rather have Lawson or Carpenter myself unless we get Greenway at 16.I don't think we should spend our free agent money on a DE that plays the same position that JT plays....that's something that Wanny would have probably done but not Saban.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny said:
I'd rather have Lawson or Carpenter myself unless we get Greenway at 16.I don't think we should spend our free agent money on a DE that plays the same position that JT plays....that's something that Wanny would have probably done but not Saban.

Ozzy rules!!

You know eventually you get the point where you have to comment. Wanny had many many many faults, but it's not like he didn't have any abilities. He did bring in a slew of DEs that seemed to do well across from J.T. witout spending much. Jay Williams, David Bowens, and Ogunleye. I mean you can say sure it was J.T., but all three did pretty well outside of Wanny.

Itsdahumidity said:
Next time I see Abraham shed a lineman's block and tackle a rb behind the LOS will be the first.

J. Abraham = one dimensional

You are completely incorrect. Abe's only deficiency is staying healthy. obviously he is a great pass rusher(even better than Taylor) so people will always talk about that before anything else but he is solid all around at this stage of his career- not great against the run but solid.

Will Witherspoon doesnt fit the defense at all. He's got even less ability to take on and shed blockers then Zach Thomas and Derrick Pope, and the linebacker position Miami has open is one that plays up close to the line of scrimmage 90% of the time.

Perish the thought, guys. Witherspoon is about as useful to Miami as a 3rd nipple.

nyjunc said:
You are completely incorrect. Abe's only deficiency is staying healthy. obviously he is a great pass rusher(even better than Taylor) so people will always talk about that before anything else but he is solid all around at this stage of his career- not great against the run but solid.

:sidelol: :lol: :lolcry: k...

Itsdahumidity said:
:sidelol: :lol: :lolcry: k...

Taylor averages .66 sacks per game
Abraham averages .73 sacks per game

Guess which one is higher? Taylor is w/o a doubt more durable but when Abe is on the field he produces.

nyjunc said:
Taylor averages .66 sacks per game
Abraham averages .73 sacks per game

Guess which one is higher? Taylor is w/o a doubt more durable but when Abe is on the field he produces.

John Abraham is a pure upfield, pass rushing player. If Abraham wasnt a cover-2 DE, he wouldnt have nearly the number of sacks and he would be a huge hinderence to a teams run defense. Guys like Simeon Rice, John Abraham, and Dwight Freeney get better sack numbers then Taylor, but none of them are nearly as versatile. Taylor is a much more disciplined player against the run then any of these players, both in pursuit and ability to shed blockers and play at the point of attack. He can be effective without penetrating defensive tackles and a quality rusher elsewhere on the D-line. He can drop back into coverage.

Back
Top Bottom