John Abraham | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Abraham

nyjunc said:
You are completely incorrect. Abe's only deficiency is staying healthy. obviously he is a great pass rusher(even better than Taylor) so people will always talk about that before anything else but he is solid all around at this stage of his career- not great against the run but solid.

You are basically saying that John Abraham is a better player then Jason Taylor...

homer5qj-1.jpg

John Abraham is a pure upfield, pass rushing player. If Abraham wasnt a cover-2 DE, he wouldnt have nearly the number of sacks and he would be a huge hinderence to a teams run defense.

We haven't run a cover 2 since 2003.

Taylor is a much more disciplined player against the run then any of these players, both in pursuit and ability to shed blockers and play at the point of attack.

Taylor is not as good a pure pass rusher as any of those guys. I agree he's more versailte but Abe can play the run as well. Early in his career he could not but his game has progressed.

You are basically saying that John Abraham is a better player then Jason Taylor...

I said better pass rusher which is their primary job so yeah I guess I am saying that. There's no doubt Taylor is more durable but when on the field Abe is better. The #s don't lie.

nyjunc said:
Taylor averages .66 sacks per game
Abraham averages .73 sacks per game

Guess which one is higher? Taylor is w/o a doubt more durable but when Abe is on the field he produces.

Jt is way better than Abes By FAr

nyjunc said:
I said better pass rusher which is their primary job so yeah I guess I am saying that. There's no doubt Taylor is more durable but when on the field Abe is better. The #s don't lie.

Dude....stop it.

Sacks might be the most overrated statistic in all of sports. Abraham is a pass rusher....Jason Taylor is a defensive end...big difference.

One player is very good against the run, the other is not.

One player is ALWAYS on the field, even with injuries, the other is not.

Saying that Abraham is better then J.T. could be the most unobjective thing I've ever heard on this board.

unifiedtheory said:
Dude....stop it.

Sacks might be the most overrated statistic in all of sports. Abraham is a pass rusher....Jason Taylor is a defensive end...big difference.

One player is very good against the run, the other is not.

One player is ALWAYS on the field, even with injuries, the other is not.

Saying that Abraham is better then J.T. could be the most unobjective thing I've ever heard on this board.

One player in 7 career playoff games has ZERO sakcs while the other in 2 has 2 sacks. Sacks are what pass rushers are judged by, it is what has made taylor a big time DE so please don't tell me sacks are overrated. Again, taylor is more durable but when both are on the field Abe is a better pass rusher.

Back
Top Bottom