Johnathan Hankins - signed for Colts | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Johnathan Hankins - signed for Colts

There has been speculation over the contract offer the Giants have on the table for defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins, who somewhat shockingly remains on the open market after finding no great demand for his services.

The deal from the Giants for Hankins is four years, $28 million, The Post has learned.

“At some point, you got to be pragmatic about it,’’ said a source familiar with the offer.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/12/heres-the-deal-the-giants-are-offering-johnathan-hankins/

Ya that's why were not getting a visit.

Offer him 1 year 7.5M ...maybe he'll be bitter with the Giants for paying everyone else on the DL but not rewarding him with a better deal. It's a long shot sure but we have to come up with a competitive offer if we want any chance of even landing a visit.

Offer him 1 year 7.5M ...maybe he'll be bitter with the Giants for paying everyone else on the DL but not rewarding him with a better deal. It's a long shot sure but we have to come up with a competitive offer if we want any chance of even landing a visit.

Don't think there is any chance honesty- at this point.

He's 24 and exactly what we need next to Suh. Stop worrying whether or not the light will come on with Phillips and move the **** on. We pay Suh stupid money to do what he does ... stop making it harder for him. Hell, it might motivate our second rounder to stop taking entire series off ... fatigue or otherwise.

There are some back breakingly hard decisions FO have to make. Some aren't. Pick your battles stupid

Would you rather have Andre Branch or Jonathan Hankins for 3yrs 27M ?

There has been speculation over the contract offer the Giants have on the table for defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins, who somewhat shockingly remains on the open market after finding no great demand for his services.

The deal from the Giants for Hankins is four years, $28 million, The Post has learned.

“At some point, you got to be pragmatic about it,’’ said a source familiar with the offer.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/12/heres-the-deal-the-giants-are-offering-johnathan-hankins/

Ya that's why were not getting a visit.

The cap goes up next year, a 1 year deal is a gamble but financially it might be in his best interest to go that route, have a good year and then land his $10M/yr deal at age 26 next offseason. He's a bit overshadowed in New York with all the talent they have up front.

Makes no sense to sign him for a 1 year rental. Why? So he can leave and get paid next year? So we can make our Super Bowl run?

His strategy is known and that makes him much less attractive to most teams.

russianbear said:
Makes no sense to sign him for a 1 year rental. Why? So he can leave and get paid next year? So we can make our Super Bowl run?

His strategy is known and that makes him much less attractive to most teams.

His strategy?

You mean the strategy of getting paid equal to your services? That sneaky devil....

His strategy?

You mean the strategy of getting paid equal to your services? That sneaky devil....

in the free-market world of the NFL , every player gets paid exactly what they're worth.

he wants a 1 year deal, so he can demonstrate a higher value for his next, long-term contract. I never said anything was wrong with that, but from what I understand that's his strategy. Don't assume my judgement of his approach is negative, man.

He'll sign after the draft I guess. Some team will hope for a DT and not get one, so he'll be called upon.

russianbear said:
in the free-market world of the NFL , every player gets paid exactly what they're worth.

Andre Branch got 3 years/$27 million dollars.

His career sack totals:

2012 = 1
2013 = 6
2014 = 3
2015 = 4
2016 = 5.5

Yeah...I can see all that worth right there.

Week 13, Baltimore 38, Miami 6

Andre Branch recorded just two late hurries when rushing the passer on Sunday for a Dolphins’ defense that struggled overall. In the run game, he was often blocked out of the play, and missed a tackle when he was able to shed a block. He had zero defensive stops.

DL rankings

12. Miami Dolphins

Top overall grade: DT Ndamukong Suh, 87.2

Lowest overall grade: DE Andre Branch, 56.4

Few teams recorded pressure with four-down linemen quite like the Dolphins in 2016. They pressured quarterbacks on 38.4 percent of their dropbacks, the fourth-best rate in the league, even though they were 22nd in blitz rate. That didn’t look like it would be the case after Cameron Wake’s 2015 season ended with a torn Achilles, however. His comeback was nothing short of miraculous, as even at 34 years old, he played as if he never got hurt in the first place. His 14.1 pass-rushing productivity mark was third-best in the NFL.

Anything less than 9 sacks from this joker is a joke.

My only hope is that the FO drafts a DE that will foil their plan to start Branch for the next two years.

Andre Branch got 3 years/$27 million dollars. His career sack totals: 2012 = 1 2013 = 6 2014 = 3 2015 = 4 2016 = 5.5 Yeah...I can see all that worth right there.
First, I didn't like the Branch contract. That said, "worth" is the compromise value between the buyer and seller. Those values are not always "accurate" long-term, thus, the housing bubble of a few years ago. Nonetheless, by definition, the negotiated price IS the worth. The standard example is the "worth" of a glass of water to a severely dehydrated person. But, enough digression. In Hankins case, it's clear his determination of "worth" was incorrect. It will be decided by the highest bidder. I would love to get Hankins, but a lot closer to $5mm than $10mm. Still think he'll be a Giant.

Week 13, Baltimore 38, Miami 6

DL rankings

Anything less than 9 sacks from this joker is a joke.

My only hope is that the FO drafts a DE that with foil their plan to start Branch for the next two years.

branch got blown off the screen in the Pittsburgh playoff game too...if they do draft something that beats him out talk about another case of asset mismanagement...I guess it's a good thing that ross doesn't know any better makes it easier to pull the wool over his eyes

Back
Top Bottom