Johnathan Hankins - signed for Colts | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Johnathan Hankins - signed for Colts

Andre Branch got 3 years/$27 million dollars.

His career sack totals:

2012 = 1
2013 = 6
2014 = 3
2015 = 4
2016 = 5.5

Yeah...I can see all that worth right there.

Says the guy behind a keyboard. He, along with most anything purchased in an open market, is worth what someone is willing to pay. Period.

Overpaid, underpaid...that's a matter of opinion and specific circumstances. If your opinion is that he's overpaid, I'd tend to agree with you. Doesn't change the fact that as of April 13th, 2017...the dude is worth $9m a year. And whatever Hankins ends up getting paid? That will be what he's worth to.

This FO wants a stop gap so they can figure out if Phillips is the real deal. No need to go long term and then Phillips turns it on, putting the new guy on the bench. That means one year contract....go get SenDerrick Marks and call it a day.

Draft a DE to limit Branch snaps and a LB in round 2, CB or FS in 3.

This FO wants a stop gap so they can figure out if Phillips is the real deal. No need to go long term and then Phillips turns it on, putting the new guy on the bench. That means one year contract....go get SenDerrick Marks and call it a day.

Draft a DE to limit Branch snaps and a LB in round 2, CB or FS in 3.

a lb to do what? grab 2 deep bench? possible but I'm seriously doubting it...

I;m not arguing we need another lb piece and starter worthy but where are the snaps gonna come from? this or next year you got too much money in Timmons and kiko to do this...I could see a lb add more likely next year to bridge the gap to Timmons or a later rounder developmental type with starter upside potential

a lb to do what? grab 2 deep bench? possible but I'm seriously doubting it...

I;m not arguing we need another lb piece and starter worthy but where are the snaps gonna come from? this or next year you got too much money in Timmons and kiko to do this...I could see a lb add more likely next year to bridge the gap to Timmons or a later rounder developmental type with starter upside potential

It's not likely but ideally it was so Timmons could kick out to SLB. I think Gase would play guys at the right spot regardless of contract. Don't even know why I brought it up since it won't happen UNLESS someone drops that you cannot pass up.

Branch is a 3 down DE. Certainly he won't play 100 % of the snaps but he will easily be the highest snap DE. Hayes helps Wake become that ideal situational pass rusher and provide some DT depth if needed.

Certainly still need another pass rusher to A. Provide depth and B. Eventually take over for Cam Wake/Will Hayes . . .which is why first round is definitely in play as you can never have enough pass rushers.

Do think LB is on the table but more likely as a BPA option over a need option. I have my doubts at 22 but 54 if the right guy drops.

It's not likely but ideally it was so Timmons could kick out to SLB. I think Gase would play guys at the right spot regardless of contract. Don't even know why I brought it up since it won't happen UNLESS someone drops that you cannot pass up.

well I think that side of it is possible with davis, mcmillon, and Cunningham the primary fits but I also think Miami would be more than likely looking at that potential in round 2 at pick 54 barring a trade down...will any of them get there? ehhh

Miami has spent time with all 3...

as for the bolded you're probably right...again though in terms of money asset management it would be another example of I'm glad ross doesn't know things more

I agree. I want a new, young, talented lb (most likely mlb) and i don't see the harm of playing Timmons at strong and keeping Misi on the bench. Screw contract amounts at some point

well I think that side of it is possible with davis, mcmillon, and Cunningham the primary fits but I also think Miami would be more than likely looking at that potential in round 2 at pick 54 barring a trade down...will any of them get there? ehhh

Miami has spent time with all 3...

as for the bolded you're probably right...again though in terms of money asset management it would be another example of I'm glad ross doesn't know things more

That's what I'm hoping... one of those three, but they may require a first or we would miss out in the 2nd. I think the team is just tying to keep their options open.

I hope we grab LB/DE/G/FS in the top 4 rounds. We know tbum will be wheelin and dealin, so it's not unrealistic to expect an extra pick

That's what I'm hoping... one of those three, but they may require a first or we would miss out in the 2nd. I think the team is just tying to keep their options open.

I hope we grab LB/DE/G/FS in the top 4 rounds. We know tbum will be wheelin and dealin, so it's not unrealistic to expect an extra pick

those are the off the los options at lb other than reuben foster who it appears Miami has avoided and at 229 and 6 foot doesn't really fit the size scheme asks at lb in the first place most likely ready to start for you in 2 down or every down roles in this class...so yeah it would have to be one of those 3 barring 2 deep types

the other guys are either high projection based or frankly not ready at the poa or lack size to be plan a starters

those are the off the los options at lb other than reuben foster who it appears Miami has avoided and at 229 and 6 foot doesn't really fit the size scheme asks at lb in the first place most likely ready to start for you in 2 down or every down roles in this class...so yeah it would have to be one of those 3 barring 2 deep types

the other guys are either high projection based or frankly not ready at the poa or lack size to be plan a starters

I know you want taco, but would you be that upset with one of those 3, hopefully with a trade back is what I'm thinking?

From reading what you, j-off, and some others have said they all seem to have pros and cons...

Zc- solid size, solid athlete, good instincts, ok in coverage, weak tackling

Rm- solid size, ok athlete but not on the level of the other 2, good instincts, probably not as great in cov, but brings some thump to the table

Jd- solid size, good athlete, not as good instincts but very assignment sound, decently good in cov, good tackler, injury concerns though

I wouldn't take any of those lbs at 22...it would have to be a trade back...Miami has a gaping 4th de hole they have left out there...I'm sure they are gonna fill it in the first 2 days

I'm miscasting any of them at strong out the gate but Miami did that last year with tunsil and it turns out he was a decent guard...much better left tackle obviously...so it can't be ruled out...but I do think that eesti makes a very good point when he says gase will play the guys where they fit best regardless of money so that's interesting and for me brings lb back into the realm of possibility

I don't think the sub edge strong guys are in play...doesn't fit what we do...so I'm not gonna even entertain it...I think they want the true off the los gap blitz and overload types...so that's where the jarred davis , the mcmillon, the cunninghams come into play...they will rush on the edge with the de's and rely on the front 4 primary for pass rush

if i put those 3 lbs in order based on how they fit each lb slot for us I'd have it

strong
davis
mcmillon
Cunningham

mike
mcmillon
Cunningham
davis (this is due to lack of inside instincts for the position. primary assignment lb)

weak
davis/Cunningham

even cause davis has better cover skills right now than Cunningham whose cover play will be completely a work in progress

mcmillon isn't a weak candidate for me and ideally he's a 2 down mike cause I don't see the range or cover on tape

highest ceiling of all cunningham

I see where you're coming from, and I'd be iffy on any of them at 22 too. Thats why I'm thinking a trade back (browns up to take a qb?) would be good.. I can see Taco going to Detroit so easily. Just such an easy connection to make. Idk if Willis is worthy of 22, but I know many people on here do

I see where you're coming from, and I'd be iffy on any of them at 22 too. Thats why I'm thinking a trade back (browns up to take a qb?) would be good.. I can see Taco going to Detroit so easily. Just such an easy connection to make. Idk if Willis is worthy of 22, but I know many people on here do

davsi doesn't have the inside read and diag enough for me to pluck him at 22, Cunningham has too many things to clean up (although he has the highest ceiling) and mcmillon doesn't look the every down athlete on tape enough to me...I'm not trying to draft a 2 down thumper inside the top 25

russianbear said:
Says the guy behind a keyboard. He, along with most anything purchased in an open market, is worth what someone is willing to pay. Period.

Overpaid, underpaid...that's a matter of opinion and specific circumstances. If your opinion is that he's overpaid, I'd tend to agree with you. Doesn't change the fact that as of April 13th, 2017...the dude is worth $9m a year. And whatever Hankins ends up getting paid? That will be what he's worth to.

That may be how it's done in Russia, but in 'Murica, when someone says, they get paid what they are worth, they actually look at production as opposed to potential.

In case your bouncing ball is a bounce slow, what someone is paid isn't necessarily what they are worth. Imagine a CEO of a corporation who is the highest paid amongst his peers, yet his company loses money every year at worst...or stagnates at best. Is that CEO worth the salary he's being paid, or is that his wages? There are many other examples, but this one will do.

Back
Top Bottom