Johnathan Hankins - signed for Colts | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Johnathan Hankins - signed for Colts

davsi doesn't have the inside read and diag enough for me to pluck him at 22, Cunningham has too many things to clean up (although he has the highest ceiling) and mcmillon doesn't look the every down athlete on tape enough to me...I'm not trying to draft a 2 down thumper inside the top 25

I feel ya. Like I said earlier, wouldn't be mad at a trade back. I also wouldn't be mad if we stayed put in didn't draft one of them with our first pick. As long as we make wise selections and good players, I won't be too upset. Just don't royally f*** s*** up like ireland did routinely

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

That may be how it's done in Russia, but in 'Murica, when someone says, they get paid what they are worth, they actually look at production as opposed to potential.

Code- cracked

B7Pky_SCEAEFghn.jpg:large

That may be how it's done in Russia, but in 'Murica, when someone says, they get paid what they are worth, they actually look at production as opposed to potential. In case your bouncing ball is a bounce slow, what someone is paid isn't necessarily what they are worth. Imagine a CEO of a corporation who is the highest paid amongst his peers, yet his company loses money every year at worst...or stagnates at best. Is that CEO worth the salary he's being paid, or is that his wages? There are many other examples, but this one will do.
I disagree. SOMEONE or some entity signed a contract with the CEO. Doesn't matter what outsiders think. The person (people) who who controls the money makes the "worth" decision. Reasonable people can disagree (e.g., Branch), but the two arbiters determine worth - no one else. In the case of Hankins, to date, only one side has set a number on worth. That number means little. I suspect, the offer he's received from the Giants is essentially the same as or lower than the offers from other teams. While I still think he ends up a Giant, Gase would be wise to keep him targeted after the draft - he may yet take a one year deal.

fansinceGWilson said:
I disagree. SOMEONE or some entity signed a contract with the CEO. Doesn't matter what outsiders think. The person (people) who who controls the money makes the "worth" decision. Reasonable people can disagree (e.g., Branch), but the two arbiters determine worth - no one else. In the case of Hankins, to date, only one side has set a number on worth. That number means little. I suspect, the offer he's received from the Giants is essentially the same as or lower than the offers from other teams. While I still think he ends up a Giant, Gase would be wise to keep him targeted after the draft - he may yet take a one year deal.

I disagree. A person's worth is not determined by another's potential view of them. Case in point...Chase Daniel, formerly of the Eagles. He signed a $7 million dollar contract to be the back-up QB of the team. He wasn't worth $7 million as a back-up, no matter how the Eagles viewed him. Why? His past production didn't warrant him being paid as one of the highest paid back-up QBs of recent memory.

I disagree. A person's worth is not determined by another's potential view of them. Case in point...Chase Daniel, formerly of the Eagles. He signed a $7 million dollar contract to be the back-up QB of the team. He wasn't worth $7 million as a back-up, no matter how the Eagles viewed him. Why? His past production didn't warrant him being paid as one of the highest paid back-up QBs of recent memory.
I guess we'll agree to disagree. A legal contract indicates SOMEONE besides the available person sees the worth of the contract, thus, worth is determined by the marketplace and the marketplace has the final say. That said, you and I likely agree the Branch contract, in our eyes, wasn't worth the money. Apparently Gase and 'baum disagree with us. All we can do now is hope he plays up to his money. Again, back to Hankins . . . it's pretty clear only Hankins seems to see his value as significantly higher than the rest of the NFL. I suspect his new agents are (gently) adjusting his view of reality. Since no contract has been offered, I think Miami is close to the other offers. Given the ridiculous amounts top FAs get, I'm inclined to think there's more to this than money.

That may be how it's done in Russia, but in 'Murica, when someone says, they get paid what they are worth, they actually look at production as opposed to potential.

In case your bouncing ball is a bounce slow, what someone is paid isn't necessarily what they are worth. Imagine a CEO of a corporation who is the highest paid amongst his peers, yet his company loses money every year at worst...or stagnates at best. Is that CEO worth the salary he's being paid, or is that his wages? There are many other examples, but this one will do.

You're overthinking it, and your analogy is oversimplified. But just for fun, Amazon just turned profitable within the last year. Was their CEO worth the money he was getting paid? Short answer, yes.

For the bigger point - yes the CEO is absolutely worth whatever he is getting paid assuming it's a publicly traded company or there is some oversight to the process. If there isn't, we're no longer in an "open market". Are you following? If there is oversight, ie: a founder, shareholders, etc, then why would they pay a CEO more than he's worth? For fun?

Obviously the Dolphins think Andre Branch is worth 3/27 - if you disagree with that, then please explain why they paid him that. If you disagree with their value, then that's all it is. Your opinion on what he's worth. Now, if you have government subsidies, or any other artificial price adjusting variables, you could easily make an argument something is not worth what is being paid for it. I'm born and bred in America man, and if you want to continue to bicker over the fundamentals of open market trade and capitalism, I'd be happy to, but it's probably not fit for this thread....feel free to PM me.

[TWEET]852575038016552964[/TWEET]

[tweet]852575664234528768[/tweet]

Eta:

[tweet]852577255415042049[/tweet]

@RapSheet: The #Colts agreed to terms with DT Jonathan Hankins on a 3-year deal worth up to $30M, source said. $10.5M the first year. $15.9M guaranteed

Thread heading for general forum

I'm happy he got paid. Great deal for him, but way too rich for Miami with the QB type of contract we gave Suh.

The Colts did and still need a bunch of help on that horrid D. Looks like they found Arthur Jones's replacement. I like Hankins ,but I think he's making a mistake leaving that Giants team.

Well it looks like Jarvis Landry might be getting an extension this offseason now. At the very least we know we will be carrying over a healthy amount of cap space into 2018 which is needed.

Back
Top Bottom