Jonas Gray | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jonas Gray

fanfin

Active Roster
Reaction score
gotta say really excited about this guy. I know he started practicing mid October, and by August he will be 100%. I was surprised how explosive his cuts were and I was very impressed how he ran over his pads. I think this guy is our #2 back and short yardage guy behind Miller. I never really saw what Ireland liked in Daniel Thomas and with the concussions and the fumbles and his hamstring injury I think he may be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPwPz7JVuCE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntZBdeKNUcE

scouting report: http://www.profootballweekly.com/prospects/player/jonas-gray-25/

Ive been saying it for a while.....I believe in Jonas Gray!

He seems rugged. I wonder if he will be explosive enough. Should be a fun watch this summer. I am not worried about RB right now. Vet backs can be found at anytime. I would take a shot with Ahmed Bradshaw.

Was good at Notre dame too. I'd rather try him out than Thomas. I'm so sick of him! You have to worry about a fumble or concussion every touch

Was good at Notre dame too. I'd rather try him out than Thomas. I'm so sick of him! You have to worry about a fumble or concussion every touch

his career game was a 23 carry 92 yard game against Cleveland in 2011

meh undrafted 4th choice RB maybe he can play a role but cant say im excited

Much more interested to see how Thigpen doesn

Thomas had some good plays last year. Let's see how he goes in preseason before throwing him in the trash. Actually, I haven't seen enough from Lamar Miller to declare him a three down running back.

meh undrafted 4th choice RB maybe he can play a role but cant say im excited

Much more interested to see how Thigpen doesn

he tore his ACL his senior year. Thats why he went undrafted.

Jonas who? Lol.. Exactly.. And thats what we'll be saying in two years when he is playing for the Titans, or the Bengals or whoever signs him after we release him. Players who dont evem see the field are way overrated on this board.. Ie.. Wallace, Pruit etc...

Jonas who? Lol.. Exactly.. And thats what we'll be saying in two years when he is playing for the Titans, or the Bengals or whoever signs him after we release him. Players who dont evem see the field are way overrated on this board.. Ie.. Wallace, Pruit etc...
You're probably right, but every now and then one of those guys actually has talent. Bess, Wake, etc.

Let us be hopeful for him

his career game was a 23 carry 92 yard game against Cleveland in 2011

Hate to be that guy, but the week before that he ran for 107 against Houston on 18 carries (5.9 avg). Those two weeks combined had me convinced that Thomas was the future at RB. Oh well. Onto the Miller-Gray future (hopefully) :up:

I think it speaks volumes they kept him around on PS even though he couldn't practice till October because of his ACL injury. His lack of playing time isn't of skill, but injury. I think in 2 years you will be saying Daniel who? oh the guy we blew a 2nd round pick on.... atleast we got Miller and Gray

Our RB situation seems up in the air a bit. Miller seems to be the fragile type so I'm uneasy about him as our primary back. Daniel Thomas is OK when he plays, but a power back with concussion problems isn't comforting. I don't think a RB committee really has room for 2 injury potential type guys. If we're going with Miller for cap reasons, then I'd be more comfortable if we had a reliable power back, or at least another decent all-purpose RB through the draft like Gillislee.

I love Jonas Gray but I wouldn't expect much from him this year. He is still really raw. I'm sure it helped him to be a part of the team while recovering but he just doesn't have much game experience.

Something to keep in mind; he wasn't able to train for the combine or a pro day. Most of thes guys improve their 40 times by at least .1 with just learning correct technique alone.

If he would not have been injured I expect he would have ran a 4.4. If he fully recovers he could end up looking a lot more like Ricky Williams than people think.

If he could become a good receiver and blocker, who knows, maybe he will see some snaps this year.

Back
Top Bottom