Jonas Gray | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jonas Gray

Well, I know this much...I put every single carry and catch of his from 2011 into those two videos, and he had one fumble. So whatever fumble problems he may have had early on were mostly corrected in his senior year.

You guys all forget about Jtrain. Remember he was a HB for years before converting to fullback. This guy is versatile and can do it all....He reminds me of Jerome bettis and has a huge upside. He should be in even better shape this year. I think we will see a large dose of him.
[video=youtube;WAWxeHZy7fg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAWxeHZy7fg[/video]

Here is highlights from college. WE HAVE A HEALTHY POWER BACK FELLAS..

[video=youtube;LaDTBQfngL0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaDTBQfngL0[/video]

Thanks for the vids CK. Gray seems to be a patient runner who has good vision, and gets N-S in a hurry. Actually, what I saw in the vids reminded me a little of Lamar Miller.

With Miller, Thomas, Thigpen and Gray we're fairly solid. Wouldn't mind picking up a late rounder though.

You guys all forget about Jtrain. Remember he was a HB for years before converting to fullback. This guy is versatile and can do it all....He reminds me of Jerome bettis and has a huge upside. He should be in even better shape this year. I think we will see a large dose of him.
[video=youtube;WAWxeHZy7fg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAWxeHZy7fg[/video]

Here is highlights from college. WE HAVE A HEALTHY POWER BACK FELLAS..

[video=youtube;LaDTBQfngL0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaDTBQfngL0[/video]

Thanks. Those A&M highlights are sick. Hard to watch the low resolution stuff, but man can the JTrain just destroy people. Bowling ball ... unstoppable bowling ball. That hit he delivered in pass pro at the end of the video ... biggest hit I've seen in a while, even bigger than Clowney's helmet-separating hit on that Michigan RB. Wow, we need to find a way to get this guy the ball early in games, because he'll definitely soften the defense up ... if they're not leaving on stretchers.

Thanks for the vids CK. Gray seems to be a patient runner who has good vision, and gets N-S in a hurry. Actually, what I saw in the vids reminded me a little of Lamar Miller.

What you saw that reminded you of Lamar Miller is the fact that Jonas seems to be a natural cutback player. It's no coincidence they were both added to this offense after we brought in Philbin and Sherman.

I have high hopes for him and thank CK for putting together those videos. He has many of the attributes I really like to see in running backs (natural pad level, short strides, body coordination, lateral agility, powerful thighs). The blocking/pass receiving part of the game is not very good (which is common for guys out of college. Some get it and some don't, but he has the natural power for blocking at least). I also don't see great vision from him. It's more good vision. And despite great feet he seems slightly stiff in the hips to me.

But it's hard not to look at that Pitt run in particular and see a guy who's 5'10", 225 lbs (ideal size) who runs a legitimate low 4.4. Hopefully he's returned fully from injury and keeps the momentum he had as a Senior after the rough start to his college career.

Jorvorskie Lane is a fullback at this point and not necessarily a good one. They tried to get him more involved in short yardage situations and he didn't necessarily do well. He failed to convert on a few short yardage plays and he also fumbled the ball 3 times despite only touching the football a total of 15 times. He was not a clean player as far as fumbles are concerned in college, either. You worry about a big and slow guy like him carrying the football because they make for easy targets for quick and explosive defensive backs to target the football and rip it out, and that's exactly what happened in 2012.

Nobody should have any illusions that suddenly Jorvorskie Lane is going to get 50 or 100 carries in this offense. It's not happening. He'll be lucky if he doesn't find himself replaced as a fullback.

I like Gray's instincts and vision. He showed an ability to not just follow blocks but to set them up. A good cutback runner is usually going to make some cuts that you wouldn't think show great "daylight" skills but he makes them because he's cutting against the grain, going the opposite direction of the flow of the defenders. He does that on many of the carries in the film and after he does it you realize wow, yeah that was the perfect way to take that play.

He has a "will" factor I find interesting. That Pittsburgh run showed it. After doing as much as he did on the play making several cuts, absorbing contact and then re-accelerating, it's hard to get back up to top speed. The guys that were chasing him probably should have been faster. He just straight up willed himself into speed that he probably shouldn't have had a right to (I doubt he's really a 4.4 guy to be honest). And he high stepped it because he knew the defender behind him was going to be diving at his ankles. He just had this attitude that said, I'm not going to be prevented from getting this touchdown. It's mine. He shows that same attitude on several goal line carries throughout the footage, and that's one reason he converted an amazing 75% of his carries inside the 10 yard line into touchdowns. I've been tracking that stat for a while now across college and pro. That's one of the best I've seen considering the sample pool.

I look at his tape and think about the fact that in Week 1 of the 2013 season it will have been 22 months since he originally tore his ACL and so he should be perfectly healthy, and I ask myself...where would he rank in this year's RB class? Just go off the tape and compare it with other guys in this class. Where would he rate? To me, it's like getting a whack at Christine Michael but without the well-demonstrated character issues that Michael possesses.

times up come on gray, lets see what u can do if not out the door like the rest of the other losers and that means long too.

Back
Top Bottom