Josh Allen was the pick to make....... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Allen was the pick to make.......

So we agree to disagree! Lot of words mate. All of which are irrelevant! Couch did not have the mental for the NFL. But the Browns could not have even brought Jesus into that system and won!

Ummm..... Lamar Jackson? Lol

Further in I highlighted my points for both. Jackson is fun to watch. His MVP award came from him running the ball. He is a very average thrower who can absolutely disappear from big games. Check the loss to the Chiefs week 3: 15/28 for 97 yards 1TD, 4 sacks and 9 rushes for 83 yards. Check both their playoff losses. Being a run-first QB is a gimmick that eventually stops working. Allen on the other hand is averaging 330 yards per game, has a 71% completion rate and 12 TDs vs 1 INT this year. Not to mention 3 rushing TDs. He continues to show improvement every year and I think if that trend continues he will end up a great QB for many years.

Allen is good, but Tua will be better. Give it time we will be better off than Buffalo.

Goodness gracious.

Allen is on an MVP pace.

If Tua ever sniffs that, the whole forum should be happy.

Lamar Jackson was by far the best QB taken in the 2018 draft. Baker Mayfield obviously didn’t play as well in his second year in the league than he did as a rookie. Yet he seems to be playing much better in year three and I doubt the Browns are upset that they drafted him instead of Allen. Allen is certainly better than a lot of people on here give him credit for and I think he will be a top 10 QB in the league for the next decade.

Rosen appears to be the only QB taken in the first round in 2018 who can be considered a bust at this time. It is really hard to determine if Darnold is a good QB or not. He is on a team with very little talent and he has Gase as his HC. So like Tannehill, he might actually turn out to be a decent QB if the Jets fire Gase and hire a real NFL head coach. Of course I expect the Jets to end up with the first pick in the 2021 draft and select Lawrence. So Darnold will probably have to develop into an NFL QB on another team.

Lamar blows.

My opinion on that will never change unless he changes.

He does well against garbage teams, and then blows chunks against good teams.

People can fellate him if they want, but he is not good. His MVP came from running.

I'll give his OC huge credit for giving him simply rollout throws and easy outlets. He should be a HC candidate.

But he still struggles with accuracy.

Do some of you even watch NFL games?

Allen is completing 70% of his passes this year, and 64% over his last 16 games.

What accuracy issues?

He also has 36 TD's and 3 INT's over those last 16 games.

If thats an accuracy problem, give it to all the NFL QB's!!!!

Last edited:
Allen has started the season well, but some people are getting carried away. I guess that is the nature of football fans. Just about the most what have you done for me lately crowd you'll find.

Brian Daboll deserves a lot of credit imo. He's playing to Allen's strengths, and the Bills organisation as a whole has surrounded him with a ton of talent. That is so vital for a young QB. Over a large sample size, Allen's warts as a passer show. He doesn't worry me in the long run.

Is 14 games a large enough sample size?

Is 14 games a large enough sample size?

He's played better than expected, no doubt. I watched their last game against the Raiders. He should have been picked off 3 times in that game, his ball placement still isn't where it needs to be but he is hard to sack...guys just bounce off of him and the Bills have done a TREMENDOUS job building a team around him. They really are modeled after the Chiefs with the exception of not having a top level TE. Lots of speed and quickness at WR, two deep at RB who are both good pass catchers and good runners, very solid OL. It's a job well done by the Bills...finally.

Allen has been lucky though. We should have picked him off twice in our game with the Bills...Xavian Howard had one go through his hands in the end zone and then they scored two plays later. Eventually, the luck runs out but he's riding high right now.

Definitely making more consistent coverage reads this year for the bills. Standing in there not just one read and take off with it like last year. His arm allows him to be late at times and get away with it and make throws most QBs couldn’t dream of.

Off the back foot or flat footed he throws ropes 25 plus yards down the field. Flick of the wrist. Ball comes out of his hand on fire.

It’s probably the best arm in the nfl really. It’s pretty rediculous how effortless and how much he can get on it

He's played better than expected, no doubt. I watched their last game against the Raiders. He should have been picked off 3 times in that game, his ball placement still isn't where it needs to be but he is hard to sack...guys just bounce off of him and the Bills have done a TREMENDOUS job building a team around him. They really are modeled after the Chiefs with the exception of not having a top level TE. Lots of speed and quickness at WR, two deep at RB who are both good pass catchers and good runners, very solid OL. It's a job well done by the Bills...finally.

Allen has been lucky though. We should have picked him off twice in our game with the Bills...Xavian Howard had one go through his hands in the end zone and then they scored two plays later. Eventually, the luck runs out but he's riding high right now.

lol what? I watched the Raiders game too and there was NOT 3 balls that should have been intercepted. That is absurd.

In Miami ... yes.

By the way, Mahomes should have been intercepted at least twice last night.

You're just making excuses and it's dumb.

There’s still some brain farts though. The sack he took that took points off the board Sunday was an example. Learning to live for the next play and never take points off the board.

But the two biggest differences are his coverage ids and his willingness to stand in the pocket and go thru reads. Trust his protection. A lot of his primary’s are open but that’s a result of his strong pre snap coverage ids too.

He’s just taken it to another level and as a result the bills team has also. Minus the d which to date has been a little suspect. Helps that they’ve got their starting backers back.

His arm though good gosh it defeats coverage a lot and gives guys chances for more rac relative to the coverage played.

I would Really like for you to point out the 3 plays that he should have been picked off. Dont tell me the Diggs 49 yarders after getting the turnover. That Ball was placed at were ONLY Diggs had a shot at that ball. Or are you talking about the placement of the Brown pass that SHOULD have been a TD. Please tell me the 3 throws he should have been picked.

Definitely making more consistent coverage reads this year for the bills. Standing in there not just one read and take off with it like last year. His arm allows him to be late at times and get away with it and make throws most QBs couldn’t dream of.

Off the back foot or flat footed he throws ropes 25 plus yards down the field. Flick of the wrist. Ball comes out of his hand on fire.

It’s probably the best arm in the nfl really. It’s pretty rediculous how effortless and how much he can get on it
Yep I absolutely loved his off platform Dime to Brown (that should have been a TD, but the NFL Refs make so much up as they go).

There’s still some brain farts though. The sack he took that took points off the board Sunday was an example. Learning to live for the next play and never take points off the board.

But the two biggest differences are his coverage ids and his willingness to stand in the pocket and go thru reads. Trust his protection. A lot of his primary’s are open but that’s a result of his strong pre snap coverage ids too.

He’s just taken it to another level and as a result the bills team has also. Minus the d which to date has been a little suspect. Helps that they’ve got their starting backers back.

His arm though good gosh it defeats coverage a lot and gives guys chances for more rac relative to the coverage played.

I just am not sure that is ever going to leave Josh. I think there will be 1-2 plays a game his desire to win and not give up on plays will show up. But those are becoming fewer and fewer compared to Sugar Rush Josh last year. I remember Sunday a Screen that he just went full Brady saw it wasnt there and rifled it into the dirt. Josh year 1 and 2 would not have done that he would have tried with his arm to force it, or his legs to make something happen. Sunday on that specific play just tossed it right into the Dirt ala Tom.

Allen is good, but Tua will be better. Give it time we will be better off than Buffalo.

In the next 5 years its more likely Buffalo wins a super bowl than us winning a playoff game.

Truth hurts.

Back
Top Bottom