JP Losman over Vernon Carey??? ...maybe? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JP Losman over Vernon Carey??? ...maybe?

Iamlegend

Pro Bowl Cornerback
Reaction score
Before you criticize me or bash anything im about to say... Id like to say that i think our traide for AJ Feeley works out great and i hope he plays well and does great for us.

Okay, i was thinking about our QB situation. Feeley is supposedly getting better but he obviously isnt doing as great as we had hoped, we need him to be better then Feidler which he isnt at this point.... But there is still much time. But i was thinking, what if AJ is a bust and we wasted a second round pick on a third round qb who only started 4 nfl games???

Now in the draft JP Losman was still available at the 19th pick i was thinking what if we drafted him instead of Vernon Carey and then signed a veteran to start for us while Losman developed under that veteran. We could have snagged Kerry Collins who has been to a Super Bowl, Kurt Warner who has won a super bowl and 2 mvps, there was mark brunell, jon kitna could have been talked into being traded possibly, there were a lot of options...

Your probably saying, "well we needed an o-line!" Yeah your right. And we solved that through Free Agency not to mention there are still FA's being cut and signed now. We also could have drafted an o-linemen with our next pick. Oh and theres talk that Carey might not even start!

Just thought id throw some of those thoughts out there. What do you think?

Carey. Losman would be in the same boat as Feekey, trying to learn the playbook. Give Feeley time.

no, we should have traded up for Ben. I wouldnt' waste a first round pick on Losman (and it is a waste, just watch).

Losman is a waste of time, you'll see once we play him. J.P will be a big bust the Bills are just scared because there is no qbs in next years draft. Losman should of been a second or third rounder. Carey is the man we needed at that pick, but we were idiots to trade up a spot and get him.

Iamlegend said:
Your probably saying, "well we needed an o-line!" Yeah your right. And we solved that through Free Agency not to mention there are still FA's being cut and signed now. We also could have drafted an o-linemen with our next pick. Oh and theres talk that Carey might not even start!
yeh whats with carey not starting? the depth chart has st.clair ahead of him!! chances are carey will be more effective in his rookie season than st.clair in his prime. BTW do any of you know anthing about greg jerman? like have you seen him when he was at college or anyhting coz quite frankly i believe that (especially with the youth already on the o-line) he is not ready to start for us at right guard. you may get away with it in a team like philly or green bay who already have great o-lines but i dont think we'll get away with it here. i would like to see us sign former redskins guard david fiore to a one or two year contract to play at right guard, give ricky some running room, and bring jerman into the big league. thats just my opinion, what are your thoughts?

uh is this a case of wishful thinking, living in lala land? Have you not paid attention? Losman is having the same struggles as AJ has. And from what I read AJ is coming along nicely. Lets not play the hindsight game, it gets you nowhere and nobody wins.

I can't really comment on Losman because I hardly follow College football. However, people who followed Losman's carreer think he'll be a good qb. Some guys here even wanted him to be a fin. Ask those who are Tulane fans. Losman has done very well considering the OL he had.

I guess Carey , Bua ,Poole will be great but all those who didn't end up a fin will be busts. That's expected on a fins board.

We needed immediate help at OL, and that is what we are getting by drafting Vernon Carey. OL was a bigger needed than QB, and if we drafted Losman, we would have to wait a year for him to play anyway.

Some may be like that, but I think Losman will be a bust just because his attitud towards the game and his talent. I think Big Ben from Miami(OH) will be a great QB, and Shaun Andrews will be a great tackle in this League, DAMN PHILLY I didn't see it coming. I don't think some of the players we drafted will pan out on our team. Will Poole was a steal, but where will he contribute we just signed Reggie Howard.

It all depends on how Losman turns out. I know that Donahoe tried to trade with every team from pick 14 on to get him. There are different opinions on Losman but I know that Charlie Armey of St Louis thinks Losman is the next Brett Favre.

dolfancoolio said:
yeh whats with carey not starting? the depth chart has st.clair ahead of him!! chances are carey will be more effective in his rookie season than st.clair in his prime.
Carey was limited to what he could do in mini camps because of classes(all rookies are). Of course he's not first on the depth chart right now, I think it's wise not handing jobs to people. Barring injury, Carey WILL be starting at RT, I'll guarantee that.

Justasportsfan said:
I can't really comment on Losman because I hardly follow College football. However, people who followed Losman's carreer think he'll be a good qb. Some guys here even wanted him to be a fin. Ask those who are Tulane fans. Losman has done very well considering the OL he had.

I guess Carey , Bua ,Poole will be great but all those who didn't end up a fin will be busts. That's expected on a fins board.

Man, you must be Randy Moss or something 'cause your jumping a LONG way to get those conclusions....but I would expect that from a Bill's fan...

No one here is being a homer. We're not gettind down on Losman because he's a bill. I said it before the draft and will continue to say it. Losman will be a bust. He's arrogant IRL and not a team leader. That translates into his play where yes he made plays at Tulane, but he also caused a lot of bad ones by trying to be THE man on the field. He thinks he can get by on physical ability alone and forces the ball. He makes throws that smart QB's don't becuase he thinks he has the arm for it, and end's up getting burnt. VERY Ryan Leaf. You'll find only a few that were chomping at the bit for Losman here, one comes to mind and he's Tulane Alumni. We discussed it, and weighed it, and the general concensus was that if we had a shot at Ben or Phillip in the first, we should take it. If we had a shot at Losman in the 5th we should take that :lol:

That is the most ridiculous thing that I have ever heard. Number one, what makes you think Losman is so much better than Feeley? But let's just say you do. Your next proposal is that we should have spent millions of dollars drafting a veteran QB for him to learn under. This is so stupid on so many levels I can't even belive it. The idea that we would draft a quarterback in the first round, and then, AND THEN get a veteran qb from another team, who has never played for the Dolphins before and doesn't know the system either, to learn under is a worse idea than any put forth by management in the history of this franchise. I mean imagine the Redskins, after getting Brunnell, drafting a QB in the first round. How stupid would that be?

Also, you mentioned that we solved our Oline problems during the offseason, even without Carey. ARE YOU SERIOUS? Who? WHat? Where? I just... i just don't even know how to address this. Yes, you are right. John St. Clair, MCintosh, they have solved the issue. With the addition of those two young and injury free acqusitions, we are set.

Look, the fact is that the reason we traded a fourth round pick to pick up Carey is because he is that much better than anyone in the draft after him at his position. Additionally, there are no Oline players worth looking at in the offseason. Don't you think you would have heard of them by now? You don't know Losman is any good and to get him and a veteran is absurd. We made all the right moves in the offseason. I have heard a lot of scenarios of what we should have done, but this is definitely one of the worst.

ptmn said:
Some may be like that, but I think Losman will be a bust just because his attitud towards the game and his talent. I think Big Ben from Miami(OH) will be a great QB, and Shaun Andrews will be a great tackle in this League, DAMN PHILLY I didn't see it coming. I don't think some of the players we drafted will pan out on our team. Will Poole was a steal, but where will he contribute we just signed Reggie Howard.
Haha. attitudetowards the game? Maybe you meant his ****iness. If so, This means Manning will even be a bigger bust than Losman. Talk about ****y. Just like Kelly and Marino were busts right?

Back
Top Bottom