JP Losman over Vernon Carey??? ...maybe? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JP Losman over Vernon Carey??? ...maybe?

Ya.. Id much rather have this..

clear.gif

:o :rolleyes: :lol: :tongue:

I can not stand Losman, there is a difference in being confident (a.k.a. Kelly and Marino) and being on an ego trip that causes you to border on lunacy. This guy has got his head lodged three feet up his own A$$ where he shares space with his agent!!! I dont think he will be the QB the Jills are thinking but I dont doubt that he will be a decent QB. I would like to hear a QB guru, like Wolf's opinion on Losman because I live in FL and havent seen a Tulane game..... well ever.

iceblizzard69 said:
We needed immediate help at OL, and that is what we are getting by drafting Vernon Carey. OL was a bigger needed than QB, and if we drafted Losman, we would have to wait a year for him to play anyway.

i think four years is enough wait to get to the QB situation. we already addressed the OL with FA and like i said we could have drafted more later on in the draft. I also said we should have signed a veteran FA, did you not read everything i said? C'mon man, get with the program!

rickeyrunsover said:
uh is this a case of wishful thinking, living in lala land? Have you not paid attention? Losman is having the same struggles as AJ has. And from what I read AJ is coming along nicely. Lets not play the hindsight game, it gets you nowhere and nobody wins.

If AJ is having the same struggles as Losman then that just proves that Losman could possibly be better. Hes a rookie, AJ has been in the league for a few years. But im not saying which is better all im saying is that Feidler is **** and hasnt taken us anywhere in 4 years so we should have dumped his *** and got a veteran QB who could have molded Losman for us, making him a better player. Thats what bledsoe is gonna do. Losman wont even play unless Drew gets hurt this year, and thats expected. I didnt say bring Losman in to start. And as for AJ coming along nicely... i havent heard that anywhere. I heard he was having trouble with the offense by using Philly's name associated plays instead of Miamis Numerical system. Also hes still not better then Feidler which buts him at the bottom of my list until hes better becuse quite frankly Jay is garbage.

Phinzone said:
Man, you must be Randy Moss or something 'cause your jumping a LONG way to get those conclusions....but I would expect that from a Bill's fan...

No one here is being a homer. We're not gettind down on Losman because he's a bill. I said it before the draft and will continue to say it. Losman will be a bust. He's arrogant IRL and not a team leader. That translates into his play where yes he made plays at Tulane, but he also caused a lot of bad ones by trying to be THE man on the field. He thinks he can get by on physical ability alone and forces the ball. He makes throws that smart QB's don't becuase he thinks he has the arm for it, and end's up getting burnt. VERY Ryan Leaf. You'll find only a few that were chomping at the bit for Losman here, one comes to mind and he's Tulane Alumni. We discussed it, and weighed it, and the general concensus was that if we had a shot at Ben or Phillip in the first, we should take it. If we had a shot at Losman in the 5th we should take that :lol:

I didnt know you knew Losman personally enough to know hes not a team leader. lol.

Are you Randy Moss???? lol

The QB is suppose to try to be the "man" on the field for his team. Its the QB's job to do that. I dont follow college football so i cant comment on your comments about his play but from what ive heard Losman has the skills and talent. I too, heard he could be the next Brett Farve. But of course i would have taken Ben and Phillip over vernon carey or Losman any day.

Your missing the point of my thread! lol

Iamlegend said:
i think four years is enough wait to get to the QB situation. we already addressed the OL with FA and like i said we could have drafted more later on in the draft. I also said we should have signed a veteran FA, did you not read everything i said? C'mon man, get with the program!

Addressed the OL???????? Without Carey I would be REAL SCARED. McIntosh isnt guarenteed to be available at the start of the season and St. Clair isnt held in the highest reguards by his former team. Carey is IMO better than both of these and St. Clair could be used in another position in case of injury or poor performance(C). As far as drafting more there was a steep drop off in talent after Carey. What veteran would you suggest signing, I dont know of any that are out there that are worth their salt other than Nails and he plays G. So if you really want to use hind sight I wouldnt have traded the 4th but the pick would have still been Carey.

Fins2theend said:
Addressed the OL???????? Without Carey I would be REAL SCARED. McIntosh isnt guarenteed to be available at the start of the season and St. Clair isnt held in the highest reguards by his former team. Carey is IMO better than both of these and St. Clair could be used in another position in case of injury or poor performance(C). As far as drafting more there was a steep drop off in talent after Carey. What veteran would you suggest signing, I dont know of any that are out there that are worth their salt other than Nails and he plays G. So if you really want to use hind sight I wouldnt have traded the 4th but the pick would have still been Carey.

Enough of the jibber jabber! If Carey was better then both of them why is he already set to be backing them both up????? Oh and anyone who leaves their former team isnt gonna be held in the highest reguards by their former team. David Boston isnt liked by the chargers!

There could be more players being cut still, im not an analyist so i dont know who will be sorry. And Actually there was still much talent left in the draft after Carey.

Iamlegend said:
Four years is enough wait... hence AJ Feeley. What basis do you have for thinking Losman is better? Watched a lot of Tulane football? We already addressed the OL with FA? Really? Which player do you think solved our problems? Old and flabby St. Clair or is it Ankles McIntosh that you think has the solution? Hey, I have a question for you. Why do you think the Dolphins gave up their fourth round selection to guarantee Carey if they could have substituted him with another pick later on in draft? Why do you think they would do something like that?
And as far as free agency goes, who is it that you think the Dolphins should acquire? I mean who were you talking about when you said we should have signed a veteran? Dude, why do you think Jerman is starting for us at guard instead of the Dolphins picking up a veteran? BECAUSE THERE ARE NO QUALITY VETERANS TO PICK UP!!!

ABrownLamp said:
Four years is enough wait... hence AJ Feeley. What basis do you have for thinking Losman is better? Watched a lot of Tulane football? We already addressed the OL with FA? Really? Which player do you think solved our problems? Old and flabby St. Clair or is it Ankles McIntosh that you think has the solution? Hey, I have a question for you. Why do you think the Dolphins gave up their fourth round selection to guarantee Carey if they could have substituted him with another pick later on in draft? Why do you think they would do something like that?
And as far as free agency goes, who is it that you think the Dolphins should acquire? I mean who were you talking about when you said we should have signed a veteran? Dude, why do you think Jerman is starting for us at guard instead of the Dolphins picking up a veteran? BECAUSE THERE ARE NO QUALITY VETERANS TO PICK UP!!!

You people think to hard, it was a simple "what if?" But actually i LOOOOOVE flabby Oline men. And Ankles mcintosh? How about Ankles Ricky Williams in New Orleans???????? oh wait hes doing great with the phins.....

I dont know what your talking about, but i never said we could get carey later in the draft. I know he would have been taken within the next 2 or 3 picks. Why do i think they would insure they would get carey?????? How about this, why do you think we've had jay fiedler as our starting qb for the past 4 years? why do we still have dave wansted as our coach?

Very simple.... because our head office ****ing sucks. Thats why!

Greg jerman.... yea you got a point about him. Its called wishful thinking buddy. lol. Dont take everything everyone says so seriously you might hurt yourself. haha

Iamlegend said:
Enough of the jibber jabber! If Carey was better then both of them why is he already set to be backing them both up????? Oh and anyone who leaves their former team isnt gonna be held in the highest reguards by their former team. David Boston isnt liked by the chargers!

There could be more players being cut still, im not an analyist so i dont know who will be sorry. And Actually there was still much talent left in the draft after Carey.
Carey is not starting because Wannstead said he has to EARN the starting position, and that it won't just be handed to him. The Chargers didn't say nice things about Boston because they didn't like his attitude. Who said he wasn't any good? Do you think the 49ers say that Owens sucks? St. Clair simply SUCKS.

Iamlegend said:
You people think to hard, it was a simple "what if?" But actually i LOOOOOVE flabby Oline men. And Ankles mcintosh? How about Ankles Ricky Williams in New Orleans???????? oh wait hes doing great with the phins.....

I dont know what your talking about, but i never said we could get carey later in the draft. I know he would have been taken within the next 2 or 3 picks. Why do i think they would insure they would get carey?????? How about this, why do you think we've had jay fiedler as our starting qb for the past 4 years? why do we still have dave wansted as our coach?

Very simple.... because our head office ****ing sucks. Thats why!

Greg jerman.... yea you got a point about him. Its called wishful thinking buddy. lol. Dont take everything everyone says so seriously you might hurt yourself. haha

Dude, look, I know I am getting too irritated at this ridiculous scenario you have created, but I can't let you get away with it, I don't know why it is bothering me so much. Listen, I can't even subtly make you realize why you are being ridiculous, so I have to spell it out for you. The reason we gave up our fourth round selection in the draft was because after Carey, there was a steep decline in the quality of OL players. That is why we gave up a fourth rounder for him. Not because our front office is retarded. There was a reason they did that. Didn't you ever stop and think about why they would give up a fourth rounder?
We had Jay Fielder as our qb for four years because it is hard to tell your QB and head coach that they have to go when they are both producing records of 10-6 and 11-5 almost every year. If Feeley gives us a record of 11-5 like Fiedler did his first year, you will be all over his balls.

ABrownLamp said:
Dude, look, I know I am getting too irritated at this ridiculous scenario you have created, but I can't let you get away with it, I don't know why it is bothering me so much. Listen, I can't even subtly make you realize why you are being ridiculous, so I have to spell it out for you. The reason we gave up our fourth round selection in the draft was because after Carey, there was a steep decline in the quality of OL players. That is why we gave up a fourth rounder for him. Not because our front office is retarded. There was a reason they did that. Didn't you ever stop and think about why they would give up a fourth rounder?
We had Jay Fielder as our qb for four years because it is hard to tell your QB and head coach that they have to go when they are both producing records of 10-6 and 11-5 almost every year. If Feeley gives us a record of 11-5 like Fiedler did his first year, you will be all over his balls.

Im gonna say this one last time, so let me SPELL THIS OUT FOR YOU! I know my scenario is far out there and i could care less why or why not the dolphins gave up their fourth round pick to get carey. Carey is an amazing athelete i never said he wasnt gonna live up to his first round draft status. I never even brought up the fact we traded away our fourth to get carey, that other peice of **** did. So thats that.

We kept fielder because Wanstedt has gay sex with him and doesnt want to get rid of him. Our defense was a major factor in our records being as good as they were. As soon as things start to get bad and fiedler starts getting Interception happy he gets hurt and we send in our back up. Fiedler is trash and thats a simple fact. Hes not good enough to bring us any further. If you think he can your being ignorant to his play and the facts. I hope Feeley starts and gives us an 11-5 record. Ill be eating my chips and dips while watching us kick *** in the playoffs. I was just simply exploring a different scenario since Feeley is unproven. with a proven veteran starting for us with a future qb being worked out and made into a starter... thats all i was saying. That sounds great dont you agree? thats all i wanted to state. BUT NO, you @$$holes have to bash every little thing i say. Im not being rediculous with my statements im just being wishful.

SOOOOOOOO you can deleted by mod if you dont like...... MY ****! hahaha

Mod Note: You just earned a 48 hour suspension for those last few lines. Enjoy the break. Say anything like that again in this forum and you'll be sitting out the season.

P4E

Iamlegend said:
I didnt know you knew Losman personally enough to know hes not a team leader. lol.

Are you Randy Moss???? lol

The QB is suppose to try to be the "man" on the field for his team. Its the QB's job to do that. I dont follow college football so i cant comment on your comments about his play but from what ive heard Losman has the skills and talent. I too, heard he could be the next Brett Farve. But of course i would have taken Ben and Phillip over vernon carey or Losman any day.

Your missing the point of my thread! lol

that was directed at the Bill's fan :) . Apparenly I hurt his feelings because I don't think Losman will be a respectable QB down the road. He hinted at us being "homers" and said we think Poole, and yadda yadda yadda are going to be the best players ever just because their phins. What he doesn't understand is, I dislike Losman for my own reasons and not JUST because he became a bill. Hell, had they snagged RIvers I'd crap my pants and tell him he has a future franchise QB on his hands..but as it is...he has Losman, :roflmao:

ANYWAY, in reflection of what you said. There's a difference between confidence, and ****y. Would you consider TO to be a team leader? Or Randy Moss? I sure wouldn't. Sure their great players, but they don't command the respect of their fellow players. QB's such as Favre, Marino, Vick, etc. Make other players around them better. They steer the game and make the other players have faith in them. Their confident, maybe a little ****y, but above all their leaders.

Losman is not. THat kids is going to take a LOT of lumps in this league. His ego is big. Some compare his attitude to Favre's...fine and dandy, but Favre has actually PROVED somethingand has a right ot be ****y. If losman walks in like a ball of fire thinking he's the man and he's going ot make plays with his athletic ability, he will be sorely disappointed. The biggest thing for this kid, is he's going to have to make huge leaps in his mental game. He'l rely on reading D's now, more than his own to feet to scrammble, and will need accuracy more than his cannon. Your going to see this kid burnt...a lot. He'll try to muscle throws where he sholdn't. He did this in college and got burnt, it'll only get worse in the pro's.

That's not to say he's going to be a total flop. IF and I do mean IF he can make the mental leap, he could be a good QB. But when put side by side with other QB's in this draft, he's sorely lacking in the respectability area. There's WAY too many questions with this kid to be worth blowing a first rounder on. He's going to take years on the bench before he can play (and I don't think he's mature enough to accept that). He never sets his feet, and like I said, will need ot work hard core on his reads. It can be done, but he's a long way away. Feeley is far and away better than Losman at this point. Just watch :D

Iamlegend said:

OK time to pick this jewel of a post apart. As previously stated Carey must EARN his way on to the field, which I dont think will take him long. Just because you leave a team doesnt mean they dont hold you in the highest reguards I'm sure the 49ers still have the utmost respect for Rice and the Vikes for Carter. There was much talent left, remember our next pick was late in round 3 which became early round 4 the best available tackle was Nat Dorsey at that time and while he might eventually start he would not have been an upgrade over St.Clair. Any players that are cut later will need time to learn the system and probably would not unseat St. Clair.

Back
Top Bottom