JP Losman over Vernon Carey??? ...maybe? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JP Losman over Vernon Carey??? ...maybe?

Losman is still a 2nd round prospect who got drafted too high to me. I know what his stats are etc. I researched him heavily during the Losman vs Rivers saga that went on around here and lemme tell you...Rivers won that debate, handily...by a long shot. Bills fans can spin it all they like.

Justasportsfan said:
Haha. attitudetowards the game? Maybe you meant his ****iness. If so, This means Manning will even be a bigger bust than Losman. Talk about ****y. Just like Kelly and Marino were busts right?

The kid compares himself to Favre. Losman is nothing like Favre and never will be. Dan and Jim didn't compare themselves to greats of the game, they just knew they were good. And J.p. should never be in the same sentence as Favre, Marino, or Kelly.

ckparrothead said:
Losman is still a 2nd round prospect who got drafted too high to me. I know what his stats are etc. I researched him heavily during the Losman vs Rivers saga that went on around here and lemme tell you...Rivers won that debate, handily...by a long shot. Bills fans can spin it all they like.
Nobody's spinning anything. No can defend the guy other than himself just like Feely can only prove to people that he isn't a 3rd string back-up. I was merely sttating that there are other opinions out there other than "he's gonna be a bust" by more qualified people. He could very well be a Ryan Leaf or a ****y Jim Kelly. Whether he was drafted in the first or should've been in the 2nd doesn't matter. Brady was drafted in the 6th and see where he's at now.

ckparrothead said:

Ding.

I'm not saying Losman is a bad pick overall or that he won't be a good player, but he was a reach for the first round. Plain and simple.

I've objectively read through this entire thread and IamLegend's arguments and logic make NO SENSE....

Have pity, he knows not what he says.... :lol:

Thank god we have RS running our drafts... :D

Losman would not have made it past St. Louis or Green Bay.

We did what we had to do for a QB of the future.

I like our young corps though.... Losman, McGahee, and Evans! Lots of speed and ability.

Before anyone brings out the Brett Favre comparison with Losman, or the Ryan Leaf comparison to be fair, you should bring out the Jeff George comparison. To me, Losman looks like the second coming of Jeff George. I resist Favre comparisons because Favre's attitude really is one of a kind and so is his skills set. Losman reminds me of a kinda wannabe Mike Vick except with a world-class ego on top of the skills (a Vick-like arm, but without Vick's footspeed).

ckparrothead said:
Before anyone brings out the Brett Favre comparison with Losman, or the Ryan Leaf comparison to be fair, you should bring out the Jeff George comparison. To me, Losman looks like the second coming of Jeff George. I resist Favre comparisons because Favre's attitude really is one of a kind and so is his skills set. Losman reminds me of a kinda wannabe Mike Vick except with a world-class ego on top of the skills (a Vick-like arm, but without Vick's footspeed).
Flutie footspeed is enough. Those qb's like Vick end up having short Careers anyway. Anyone remember Cunningham? Vick's been told to cut on his scrambling.

We can argue all day long about players who have never played in the NFL. Does Losman have an attitude problem? It depends on who you talk to. If you talk to his college head coach or Tulane teammates the answer is "no." Losman was regarded as a team leader who put the team first and like Jim Kelly in his prime willed his teammates to play better. Some who have heard post draft interviews have said he sounds immature. I see the same interviews and I see a a young man who is excited to be in the NFL and who wants to succeed. I know he is very confident, but i have seen none of the "****iness" and "arrogance" he is alleged to have. He has said he is glad to be in a situation where he has time to learn and people around him who are willing to teach him. That doesn't sound like a head case to me. Given that Buffalo doesn't plan on him starting for another year or two, I don't think his youthful excitement is a problem at all. As for Losman trying to do too much on the field, Tulane had no offence besides Losman in his senior year. They had no line and they had no running back. If Tulane was going to make a play it was because Losman made it. You can't blame Losman for that. Now, it's quite possible that those circumstances caused Losman to pick up some bad habits and will need some good coaching to help him realize that it's not going to be that way in the pros. He will get that coaching from Sam Wyche and Tom Clements.

I agree that Losman would not have been a particularly good option for Miami. The Dolphins would like to replace Fiedler sooner rather than later and Feeley at least gives them a chance to do that. He should be more ready to start in the NFL than Losman. Buffalo's plan is not to rush him, and that is probably a strategy that suits where Losman is at this point in time. Given that Buffalo still wants Bledsoe to succeed and serve as a productive QB for another year or two or even three, Losman is probably a better option for them than Feeley since he will still have a lot of years ahead of him by the time Bledsoe hangs it up.

I don't know who will have a better career. I like Losman's chances for Buffalo, but you can certainly make a case for Feeley.

Any reports I have heard about Losman coming out of the "organized team activities" have been positive. Sure, he struggled with play calling early on and sure Bledsoe and Brown are ahead of him in the mental aspects of the offence, but that is always true of every rookie QB at this point in a rookie's career. You can not expect it to be otherwise. Losman has shown a quick release, a strong arm, and excellent accuracy and I think the Bills are thrilled with what they've seen.

Justasportsfan said:
I can't really comment on Losman because I hardly follow College football. However, people who followed Losman's carreer think he'll be a good qb. Some guys here even wanted him to be a fin. Ask those who are Tulane fans. Losman has done very well considering the OL he had.

I guess Carey , Bua ,Poole will be great but all those who didn't end up a fin will be busts. That's expected on a fins board.

Not really, we gave up a 2nd for AJ and I KNOW he will be a bust. Sage is twice the QB he is if they would just give him a shot. As a matter of fact, I will give ya AJ for Losman right now.

Justasportsfan said:
Flutie footspeed is enough. Those qb's like Vick end up having short Careers anyway. Anyone remember Cunningham? Vick's been told to cut on his scrambling.
Cunningham had a long career actually...

But his best year (with Minnesota) he was more of a pocket passer.

NCFINFAN38 said:
Not really, we gave up a 2nd for AJ and I KNOW he will be a bust. Sage is twice the QB he is if they would just give him a shot. As a matter of fact, I will give ya AJ for Losman right now.

wtf are you talking about? I'm have a HELL of a history at ISU, and I can tell you Sage is going NOWHERE. He came to us gouing nowhere, and wven though we've needed a QB for the last 2 years HE hasn'ts seized the chance. Not anyone's fault but his that he's 3rd string on the depth chart.

Look, I root for hte guy, it would be GREAT to have a fellow ISU'er leading the phys, but he just aint' thne answer. And for you to sit here and say that you KNOW Feeley will be a bust, when you have absolutely no basis for that claim is purely ignorant.

What don't you like about him? His strong arm? His exremely accurate long ball? His great pocket presence? His calmness in the face of adversity? His intensity for the game? His good scrambeling ability?

I'l take the other angle, and say I KNOW Feeley will be the answer to our QB problems for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom