JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II.... | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II....

I had my reservations but it's looking awesome

I9qvhIg.png

Not sure the purpose of all that sand. Maybe someone in construction can tell me why that is all needed and why they couldn't just have the work done without it. Is it to protect the system under the turf?

i have no idea but could imagine that the cranes run more comfortable on the sand

I believe the sand (and then timbers) is to help disperse the massive weight of the cranes and steel more evenly, so there aren't huge ruts and dug up ground everywhere.

Basically the sand is there to boost worker morale. How was work today? Just another day at the beach

I do agree the stadium has been as loud as hell , being there many times witnessing it. I think it will be even louder now, assuming the fans show up and have something to get loud about.

The only people who claim that JRS is not loud are those fans who never go. And to be honest in the last 15 years we had not many reasons to be loud. It was a tight stadium for its 76k. The Orange Bowl with its basic capacity (without bleachers in the end zone) equal to the old JRS capacity was much larger.

Because of its no roof design the higher you were the less you experienced the crowd noise and the lower you got the more you felt the effect. The canopy will certainly help with that and the noise from the upper level will be bounced back.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

[TWEET]758072465776140295[/TWEET]

About ready for some football :brewskis:

They better have the thing ready for the last preseason game. It's all about enjoying new stuff and staking out FH Tailgate space. :lol:

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Basically the sand is there to boost worker morale. How was work today? Just another day at the beach

:sidelol:
POTD

The OCD I suffer from can't handle the fact that the upper arch bars don't line up with the lower arches bars on all sides of the stadium. I desperately want to line them up.

The OCD I suffer from can't handle the fact that the upper arch bars don't line up with the lower arches bars on all sides of the stadium. I desperately want to line them up.

Got a pic? I have driven by there in a while.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Speakers need to go higher, its annoying me

:confused:

the stadium will look similar to the soccer stadium in Milan when it's done. being a soccer fan myself, i've always preferred the stadiums with a canopy

stadio-esterno-giorno.jpg

Back
Top Bottom