Julius Thomas | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Julius Thomas

Everyone blamed Maxwell for the 50 yarder to Smith. I thought it was Reshad's responsibility. What's your take?

You're right it seemed. I hate to say it and rather place blame on Maxwell but it looked like Reshad was out of position. I'm kind of happy the ones that screwed up are Tunsil and Reshad. They'll bounce back. Reshad will be a stud and I'm sure Laremy will be fine.

I'm not really sure on that 50 yard td. Reshad started like 8 yards off the ball and then went straight vertical pedal post snap.

That's not really a 2 deep look to be that tight to the los pre snap

julius was never that fast in denver especially coming in and out of breaks off the LOS...once he gets some steam going he picks it up but he's not quick more just nimble and a match up tool....his best utilization is going to come within the 10 yard line and you just have to hope he still has the willingness to come up with contested catches and make athletic plays on the ball....

looked a little slow but he was never a burner when he was putting up 12 tds a year they were coming from redzone matchup looks

We're going to miss the **** out of Dion Sims and his duality to block and catch. There was no giveaways with him in the lineup unlike the severe limitations we have with Thomas and Fasano.

Never been impressed with Thomas. In Denver he was simply on the receiving end of one of the greatest QBs in the sport.

You cut MaxWell & Julius Thomas next year & give that money to Jarvis Landry.

We need to draft a normal TE or kind of get lucky like the Bucs did this past year in the draft.

With that being said he's probably better then Jordan Cameron.

That 50 yard TD was on Maxwell. We were in man and Smith was his.

It was Cover 1 Vice which is man to man with over/under bracket coverage on the TE by the LB and SS.

SOS, That would explain why Jones was clearly agitated. Otherwise, I take it, Jones would have been tapping his chest and saying my bad. He's not usually one to avoid responsibility.

Verner might take Maxwell's job

Yes, but Mando's article is right he should refrain from looking visibly upset at a teammate and discussed it on the sidelines. Jones missed plenty of tackles and we didn't see Maxwell chewing him out for it.

SOS, That would explain why Jones was clearly agitated. Otherwise, I take it, Jones would have been tapping his chest and saying my bad. He's not usually one to avoid responsibility.

Yep. Jones was in the area but only b/c he was playing over the top of Ertz (Alonso was under).

Maxwell lost as soon as he gave up inside leverage to Smith with no contest.

A couple of things. Last year a lot of people wanted Maxwell cut, including me but then he started playing much better. He didn't look good last night but I'm going to wait till the regular season starts and see what happens. As far as Jones, I'm a little worry because he has NOT looked the same to me but we'll see. I know he hasn't played much since last year. Tunsil was crap last night but again, we'll see what happens once the season starts.

Ozzy rules!!

One of these years we are going to draft a legit tight end, I just know it. Been waiting for a couple decades.

We're going to miss the **** out of Dion Sims and his duality to block and catch. There was no giveaways with him in the lineup unlike the severe limitations we have with Thomas and Fasano.

Never been impressed with Thomas. In Denver he was simply on the receiving end of one of the greatest QBs in the sport.
Not resigning Sims and then signing Fasano and Thomas are very questionable moves.

Back
Top Bottom