June 1 cap casualties? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

June 1 cap casualties?

Jimmy James said:
Who replaces Zgonina if he replaces Tim? We need 3 solid guys in rotation.

That is the root of the problem at both LB and DT....DEPTH. It probably won't matter, Bowens comes into camp HUGE every year, but by kickoff he is better. Man, the guy must live on the couch stuffing his wordhole with nothing but junk from the end of Dec. to the start of May. Getting caught up on his soap and watching the view.

finregime said:
Very good question? We could bring Trace out of retirement for league minimum.

But could this year be different??????

Maybe T-Bow will get hit by a meteor, do you want to debate that, it didn't happen last yer, but this year could be different.

Every year could be different. Every year I have chatted on boards people have stated that this year T-Bow will be fat and overweight. Every year he is ready to go during the season and is fine.

He has missed 7 games in his career. That isn't exactly injury proned.

pigskinguy said:
That is the root of the problem at both LB and DT....DEPTH. It probably won't matter, Bowens comes into camp HUGE every year, but by kickoff he is better. Man, the guy must live on the couch stuffing his wordhole with nothing but junk from the end of Dec. to the start of May. Getting caught up on his soap and watching the view.

You work out year round after playing 5 months of professional football and then make that comment.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Maybe T-Bow will get hit by a meteor, do you want to debate that, it didn't happen last yer, but this year could be different.

Every year could be different. Every year I have chatted on boards people have stated that this year T-Bow will be fat and overweight. Every year he is ready to go during the season and is fine.

He has missed 7 games in his career. That isn't exactly injury proned.

Every year he pulls this crap and bounces back is just more stress on his body. The only thing worse than being overweight like Tim is would be boomeranging the weight like he does. He isn't getting any younger, either. Comparing the worry that he might get hurt with the worry that Wale might get hit by a meteor is ludicrous.

Jimmy James said:
Every year he pulls this crap and bounces back is just more stress on his body. The only thing worse than being overweight like Tim is would be boomeranging the weight like he does. He isn't getting any younger, either. Comparing the worry that he might get hurt with the worry that Wale might get hit by a meteor is ludicrous.

Every year T-Bow gets under weight. Every year Wale doesn't get hit by a meteor.

every body is different. You don't know what it does to Tim body. Him putting on extra weight is nothing like you putting on extra weight.

While it is certainly true that I'm not a professional football player, biology is biology. Fluctuation in weight is a bad thing no matter who we're talking about.

Well, first of all we probably won't cut any players on June 1. Unless someone really shows they are worthless in the next mini camp. June 1 is usually for cap -casualties and I really do not seen us getting rid of anyone for those reasons. Now obviously, we will probably have to cut some of these players in August, but we have time for that.

Jimmy James said:
While it is certainly true that I'm not a professional football player, biology is biology. Fluctuation in weight is a bad thing no matter who we're talking about.

However biology is different. Some people get sick if they eat too much salt, some people can eat all the salt they want as long as it isn't a lethal dose.

Fluctuation in weight harms some people more and some people less. I do know this, I don't have million dollar doctors telling me what is good and bad for my body like Bowens.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
You work out year round after playing 5 months of professional football and then make that comment.

I wasn't taking a shot at him, I just think it's funny is all. Besides, how is that almost everyone else seems to stay in relatively good shape.?

pigskinguy said:
I wasn't taking a shot at him, I just think it's funny is all. Besides, how is that almost everyone else seems to stay in relatively good shape.?

I think it has something to do with the fact that most of them need to for one reason or another. The need for Bowens to keep his weight right now isn't that great. his job is going to remain the same. Keep bodies off zach.

Every year Bowens gets down, but that doesn't necessarily mean he gets down to an acceptable weight. This time around the Dolphins insisted on weight clauses in his contract in order to prevent him from playing overweight. They wouldn't have done it if they didn't sense a problem. However, yes Tim will most likely get down...not really any need to worry yet.

I just want to mention that my worry is not based solely on Tim's weight. We have 2 older guys at DT and a guy who apparently has a hurt shoulder. It's an area of concern for me without regard to Tim's weight because of the need for this D to stop the rushing attacks of our division opponents.

If a better then Romaro(sp?) player is cut june 1st. I hope Miami signs him. You can't have enough dl

I hope so too...but I would focus on DE as I'm not convinced that Grigsby is any good and I also think Jay Williams isn't that great a quality.

Back
Top Bottom