Just say no to G. Jennings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just say no to G. Jennings

It ALL depends on how much money each of these guys want/expect. That includes our guys like Jake and Sean

Everything has to put into perspective. Something kvado16 knows nothing about. Vincent Jackson got 5 yrs $55MM. Jennings has lost a step and is slower and shorter, 6'0'' vs 6'5" than Jackson.

Im not saying that I wouldn't welcome Jennings, but not at a ridiculous number especially since we have such a lack of talent and have so many holes to fill.

its too bad Jackson isn't available now, I'd throw that kinda money at him this offseason. He would be the best of Wallace and Bowe combined.

I agree with the OP. I don't want to spend big $ on any free agent WR. None if the 3 are worth what they would want to be paid. I think we a combo of Wheaton and Allen, Hunter, Hopkins or Patton in the draft and move forward.

And no I didn't include Patterson on purpose. If we use the #12 pick on that kid I'd be a bit worried,

Jennings for 5-6M per year is well worth it IMO. I want Wallace but fact is he may cost too much.

I think there's a very good chance Greg Jennings becomes a Miami Dolphin next season. Sure he's been banged up a bit, but the positives just outweigh the negatives by a long shot. He knows the system, is in the prime of his career still, is definitely a high character guy, and WANTS to be here. What's not to love?

What makes you think he wants to be here? Show me the quote. The only thing that is certain is that he has a crazy @ss sister that will be a distraction and that he wants a fat payday from whichever team shells out the most money.

for the right price, come on down.

Wallace is going to take AT LEAST 10-11. I don't think Jennings will cost more than 8.

I'm willing to wager that Wallace signs for 5 years $46M with $22M guaranteed

What makes you think he wants to be here? Show me the quote. The only thing that is certain is that he has a crazy @ss sister that will be a distraction and that he wants a fat payday from whichever team shells out the most money.

for the right price, come on down.

Technically, Jennings can't say anything since he's under contract. However, we could probably pay him the most money, that's why I believe he'll want to be here...not only that but he's very familiar with the system. That alone makes Jennings worth it and you can't question his talent. If we're going to improve this offense, we're going to have to spend a some money for a top notch receiver. Thankfully, we have a ton of cap space to make it happen. The draft is an option, but there's a lot of uncertainty there as far as finding a number one WR who's going to make an immediate impact.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

I'm willing to wager that Wallace signs for 5 years $46M with $22M guaranteed

I think it's going to take a lot more than that to sign Wallace...he'll probably want at least 10 mil.

I want Jennings and Wallace. Jennings will come relatively cheap IMO considering how injury prone he has been for two straight years and I think Wallace is worthy of long term #1 WR money. The dude can go for roughly 90, 1200 and 10 year in and year out, and we should be able to afford both, along with Bess giving us a top WR corps for at least 3 years.

They can sign both if Hartline leaves.
It's better value Jennings for 9 mil than Hartline for 6 mil.

But, seriously I'll take Jennings and drafting Patterson and burner like Steddman Baily.

I want Jennings and Wallace. Jennings will come relatively cheap IMO considering how injury prone he has been for two straight years and I think Wallace is worthy of long term #1 WR money. The dude can go for roughly 90, 1200 and 10 year in and year out, and we should be able to afford both, along with Bess giving us a top WR corps for at least 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom