Just want to share this w/ the FINheaven by SirFin | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just want to share this w/ the FINheaven by SirFin

Jimmy James said:
Using my philosophy, you draft a WR if the WR is BPA in that situation because he is BPA. That's the only consideration unless you want me to believe that the team is somehow stacked from 1-11 with players who are superior to the person being drafted. If you want me to assume that, I believe that the only appropriate response is to diligently attempt to trade either one of the WRs on the roster or the pick in a trade that is at least value-neutral and is at best in and of itself a value move.

I don't think that we are stacked from 1 - 11 at WR. Nor do I think that we are stacked at OT. We have servicable guys at both positions. However, we had a bigger need at OT than we did at WR.

Although RS had been aggressive during FA, we were still in a bad situation for the draft. We had needs, but we did not have an overwhelming need for one particular position. It appears as though we agree that our biggest need was either WR or OT.

If we had drafted a WR, what odds would the WR have had to crack the starting line up? More than likely, he would have been the #3 or #4 - getting on the field maybe for 25 - 30 percent of the offensive plays. Not a huge payoff for the 1st round pick.

Instead, we drafted an OL that possibly will start this year at either OG or OT. Although it might not have been the popular pick, it will in the long run be the most productive pick.

These are just my opinions. You might agree, and you might not. Just remeber that all opinions are like buttholes - everybody has one and everybodies stinks!

BigFinFan said:
I don't think that we are stacked from 1 - 11 at WR. Nor do I think that we are stacked at OT. We have servicable guys at bot positions. However, we had a bigger need at OT than we did at WR.

In my mind, there is little question that the biggest single need was on the OL. I'm not certain if it was OT or OG, though. That really seems related to how the team feels about StClair.

I don't believe that we had a "gaping" need at any position. That isn't why I support pure BPA, but I think it only strengthens the argument for it. I think the chances are that BPA meant DT Wilfork or RB Jackson, and I would be at peace with either selection.

Jimmy James said:
In my mind, there is little question that the biggest single need was on the OL. I'm not certain if it was OT or OG, though. That really seems related to how the team feels about StClair.

I don't believe that we had a "gaping" need at any position. That isn't why I support pure BPA, but I think it only strengthens the argument for it. I think the chances are that BPA meant DT Wilfork or RB Jackson, and I would be at peace with either selection.

Agree with DT, but RB?

Sometimes the BPA is not the BFFTT (Best Fit For The Team). I dont' see how adding a RB would have been a good move.

Was it a bad move for New Orleans when they turned 1 first rounder into two? That's a big reason why I think if you take the best talent, things have a way of working themselves out.

Good Point! I wonder how many times that has worked and how many times it has failed.

I think you'd find that when it fails, it's a failure on the part of the talent evaluation to get the best guy. Canidate did not work out because Canidate was a bust. I think that would have gone equally whether he went behind Faulk or as a starter for say the Bears. If you have a glut of guys who work out, how bad could it possibly be?

Seventeen & Oh! said:
CKParrothead wrote..

IinFINsible.. thanks for the welcome...
Like I said.. I'm going to stick to my guns with the 4th round deal. It would be my philosphy if I were a GM.. I'd treat draft picks like gold. But I'm not a GM.. so there!
I hope Vernon Carey is what this offensive line needs. ANd in my heart of hearts I think he will do well there. I would have also thought that about Justin Smiley. The truth in the matter is we won't know for a couple of years.. if by 2007 Carey is a Pro-Bowler and Justin Smiley is in the AFL.. then it was worth moving up one... we just won't know... It's in the past now... all I can personally do is render fan support for Carey.

It was nice posting here. I'll have to stop by more often. I feel like I am cheating right now. But I must go back home.. where my sig and avatar is waiting... BTW... how many posts before you get an Avatar? SiG?

Later... Sir FIn.. OUT... (I am listening to Jim Rome...)

I can completely undertsand you feelings about it....consider your opinion noted by me, and should Smiley be a perrenial probowler, I'll be the first one to pat us both on the back....;)

Oh, and Danny gets some love too....he was a Smiley fan also. :cool:

You should be able to have a sig and avi, as soon as you signed up unless they changed something I don't know about....:hmmm:

Not enough time to even start judging Feely, come on. The more he gets comfortable, the better he is going to do, give him time. I wonder if it even matters, what was it 2 years ago Huard beats out Fiedler and Fieldler still gets the nod. I honestly think Huard would have done a better job , but no sour grapes at all, I just want a fair shot for Feely, and 2 camps aint it !

Seventeen & Oh! said:
Finally I want to address what inFINSible said...

I haven't read your stuff so I don't know if you and I share the same philosophy regarding the team. I also don't know if you are a well-respected poster or a blow-hard that people can't stand.

Survey says!

Blow-hard that people can't stand. :tongue:

mia4ever said:
The Good-

Jeno James- I answered the Phinzone poll regarding most important offseason aquisition..Jeno James. I wasn't alone in my sentiment. He is proving to be much more than even the most optimistic fan could have imagined. I believe his spirit will rub off on the rest of the line and his tenacious work ethic might just nasty up our defensive line.

Chris Chambers- You never here a negative word from or about this guy. All he does is catch footballs! If the Dolphins can get him an adequate partner this will be his year.. if not.. then it will be like Barry Bonds hitting before Hideo Nomo... not protection.. nobody will have his back. Someone asked if Chris could get 1000 yards this year... the answer is yes.. an emphatic YES... it may all depend on what happins in Boston.

Jason Taylor- I know they are practicing without pads.. but all I've heard is how he is driving the OLINE, Smith in particular, crazy. He had a very average year last year and I for one believe he is going to go crazy on the NFL next year..

Marc Trestman- Trestman's influence will be felt on the first series of the year. He is a master at devising complicated passing games that are almost impossible to defend. Don't blame him for last year's stinker in Oakland.. word out of the Raider Nation is Bill Callahan had Trestman tinker with the Raider offense so defending teams couldn't figure it out like the Buc's had in the Super Bowl. The Buc's did a great job but it was more the lousy play of Rich Gannon than the total breakdown of the offensive system.

Ricky Williams- We have such an odd superstar. That's cool. I mean think about it.. he's driving around Australia in a Scooby-Doo van he bought on a whim.. he's out there all by himself.. cutting his hair.. walking around.. finding himself. He comes back to Miami and sells his car and truck for charity. He empties his apartment and sits around smoking apple tobacco from a huka. Apple Tabacco? Please... I can't believe the reporter bought that one... I believe Ricky will have a much better year this season for several reasons..1. He's rededicated himself. 2. He wants to be more of a leader.. not THE LEADER.. but a vocal presence in the huddle. 3. Jeno James and the improved offensive line. 4. Our more aggressive passing attack should soften the box for Ricky.

Donald Lee- I think Donald Lee would be the starting TE on 90% of NFL teams. He's that good. He is a much better blocker than Randy McMichael and has great hands.

Jay Fiedler- Surprise! He's back. Think back to the Jay Fiedler of Dallas last year. That is what you get when Jay is on. There is no doubt that Jay Fiedler at times can play very well. We have all seen it. If he can play as well as he did on Thanksgiving Day AJ Feeley won't get near the huddle.

The Bad

Eddie Moore- I read today that Moore isn't a lock for the team. Great. Our second round pick from last year, who has yet to play in a game might not even make the team. Great news!

AJ Feeley- What can you say? You'd think the Savior of the Universe would look more spectacular than this. I know it's only mini-camps and the guys are in shorts.. but from what I'm reading he can't even connect on short passes and when the FAKE rush gets in his face he falls to pieces. What is he going to do in a real practice? Poop his pants?

David Boston- I don't know if it's David Boston or the local media looking for anything to report. But the truth is Boston is not getting off on the right foot here in Miami. That being said, nothing that is going on right now will preclude him from being a superstar come September. His calf or shin will heal and he will drop the 10 pounds. He will be our starter come the fall. You can count on it. It's just unfortunate that he is already getting bad press.

Hey if we can go back to May, can we go back to April and pick Roethlisberger?

Back
Top Bottom