Kaepernick Belongs With Big Boys | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kaepernick Belongs With Big Boys

If that makes no sense to you, you don't know what you're talking about. But, then, when you compare his release to Rivers', it's already clear you don't know what you're talking about. Rivers' release may not be pretty, but it's quick and compact. Kaepernick's is neither. It's like comparing J. Fletcher and D. Green because both are undersized CB's and leaving it at that.

I'll post it again since you obviously missed it, this NFL SCOUT, did exactly what I did, compared his throwing motion to Rivers......apparently you think your knowledge is above an NFL scout and he doesn't know what he is talking about either.

Speaking to the Miami Herald, one NFL scout expressed little concern about Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick's elongated throwing motion.
clear.gif
"Why mess with it if he's effective?" said the scout, comparing Kaepernick's delivery to Philip Rivers'
. "That isn't a big concern for me. It's not a Tim Tebow-like issue." Kaepernick has nearly 34-inch arms (the size of many NFL left tackles), which makes for a slightly longer delivery than normal.
clear.gif
Source: Miami Herald
clear.gif

I disagree with the OP all the way around.. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if all the quarterbacks are still on the board at #15...

I agree. There was little about the qb's in the Senior bowl that stuck out enough to make any of them top ten picks. I'm sure teams will reach for a few players, but still unimpressed. I wouldn't mind if Miami got a veteran in there to challenge Henne and just continued to surround him with talent through the draft to sure up alternative positions. We've passed on so many good qb's in the past that it may in fact make them reach for one in the first round this year...

And, yes, that scout obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. His delivery is absolutely in the realm of Tebow's in terms of being problematic because it's a slow, wind-up delivery. It's one hundred million times more like Tebow's than it is like Rivers'. I think that guy must have done his scouting via radio or something.

Well obviously you missed your calling, or maybe you really are an NFL personnel man with the free time to post here?

Dude the arrogance is overwhelming...I'll be curious to see if your man enough to come back and admit your wrong if Kaepernick succeeds in this league.

I agree. There was little about the qb's in the Senior bowl that stuck out enough to make any of them top ten picks. I'm sure teams will reach for a few players, but still unimpressed. I wouldn't mind if Miami got a veteran in there to challenge Henne and just continued to surround him with talent through the draft to sure up alternative positions. We've passed on so many good qb's in the past that it may in fact make them reach for one in the first round this year...

Not true, Kaepernick was very impressive all week in the practices and blew the rest of them away by most accounts, the game is fairly meaningless as displayed by Pat White winning MVP in recent history...the NFL people care much more about the practices than the game, many don't even stick around for the game itself.

Totally disagree with that, I think one year of coaching tops and this kid will be ready.

It may be two years before Colin is truly ready for primetime but he is not a 4 to 5 yr hope that he pans out kind of project.

I still think people are overlooking Andy Dalton.

It may be two years before Colin is truly ready for primetime but he is not a 4 to 5 yr hope that he pans out kind of project.

I still think people are overlooking Andy Dalton.

Perhaps, We've had Henne 3 years now. I just think the kid is a competitor and will progress quickly. The skills are there.

This Kaepernick love is kind of nutz to be honest with you . . . 3rd round . . . maybe . . . at 15, GTFO.

Dude was in the pistol offense at Nevada, he has a slow release and he struggles against the blitz. We already have Thigpen, and he has big game experience . . . you would be equally served just resigning him and continue to try and work with him and using that pick on a non QB playmaker on offense. He may become something in the NFL, who really knows . . . but to expect anything in the immediate future is just unreasonable.

And did somebody in this thread really have Kaepernick above Newton? I mean I'm not a big Newton fan, but the kid is a leader on the field and he played in the toughest conference in the nation and went undefeated.

No way you take Kaepernick over Gabbert, Newton, Locker, Mallet or Ponder. Hell I rather Stanzi and Yates over him as well.

No disrespect intended old friend, I have extreme respect for the work you and Boomer do, and greatly enjoy reading your thoughts. I guess I was just saying that my gut feeling is this kid will overcome any flaws and take advantage of that extreme talent god gave him. What I really like besides the obvious physical talent is I find Kaepernick to not only have a powerful arm, but most important an accurate one....which is essential in an NFL quarterbackl.

That's fine, I really don't mind when people disagree with me. But I'm not new to this game, I'm aware of the dangers of losing the forest for the trees. It happens every now and then. I think what it comes down to is what it always comes down to, you see a different player than I do. That's perfectly fine, I like it that way. Not sure we need to to dress it up or put bells and whistles on it.

A LOT of the bare essentials are there for Kaepernick. But not all of them, IMO.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

He looked pretty good beating your undefeated team, lets remember he had a bad O-line...that can make any quarterback appear to have happy feet.

I don't agree with him having a bad OL.

He upset national power Boise State who was undefeated and had like 20 returning starters, he also took down Boston College in his bowl game.
If I recall Boise St was robbed on a winning FG and Kaepernick was not very good against BC.

He upset national power Boise State who was undefeated and had like 20 returning starters, he also took down Boston College in his bowl game.

He played well against Boise. I felt he didn't play a complete game. Much like how the Jets played against the Steelers, where they sucked the first half and came back the second half but just had too much distance to cover...that's what happened to Nevada.

In the end though, Boise beat Boise. Those two missed kicks, very SHORT missed kicks, are the reason they lost. Kaepernick put his team in position to make it a game finish, for sure...and he deserves some credit for that. But, he didn't beat Boise State. If he'd played a complete game, I'd be more inclined to give him the credit on that one.

I'm watching the Boston College game right now and what I'm keying on are blitz situations, passing, and other defensive games, like dropping 8 men back into coverage unexpectedly, etc.

I'm not done yet but I'm not very impressed, either.

I hadn't watched this particular game before now.

I'm watching the Boston College game right now and what I'm keying on are blitz situations, passing, and other defensive games, like dropping 8 men back into coverage unexpectedly, etc.

I'm not done yet but I'm not very impressed, either.

I hadn't watched this particular game before now.
Are you getting these games online or are these games you recorded?

Perhaps, We've had Henne 3 years now. I just think the kid is a competitor and will progress quickly. The skills are there.

I agree that Kaepernick will progress faster than some may think. I’d bet sometime late in his 2nd season is when the light will come on.

This Kaepernick love is kind of nutz to be honest with you . . . 3rd round . . . maybe . . . at 15, GTFO.

Agreed. I think 3rd round is reasonable

Kdawg954 said:
And did somebody in this thread really have Kaepernick above Newton? I mean I'm not a big Newton fan, but the kid is a leader on the field and he played in the toughest conference in the nation and went undefeated.

I like both Kaepernick & Newton but neither are my 1st choices.

My ideal draft preference is; 1) Dalton in the 4th, 2) Kaepenick in the 3rd or 4th, 3) Newton @ #15, 4) Stanzi in the 5th.

Basically when I watch Kaepernick I see a lot of him throwing with a clean pocket and a clean look, I don't see him beating the blitz. But, one thing I do see is defensive backs taking advantage of his big step and long delivery to come in tighter on the ball at the top of the routes, and break up the passes. Lucky for Kaepernick, he had some really good receiving options in Virgil Green and Rishard Matthews, both of which are PRO caliber players. As I've said before Green was the best TE in Orlando and compares pretty favorably to many that were in Mobile, very smooth and well-rounded Tight End, I'm not 100% sure yet but I might have him better than Dennis Pitta and I LOVED Dennis Pitta. Richard Matthews is a bonafied blue chip talent. These guys were both usually mismatches on the defensive backs that they faced. But that long delivery made things a little harder on them. Virgil has a great catch over the middle on this game with two defenders draped all over him, they had to review the thing to be sure that it wasn't an interception that got ripped out of his hands but the replay shows it was clearly a reception, but point being if that wasn't a bonafied NFL talent at Tight End then that ball is at the very least a PBU and maybe an interception, because Kaepernick's long step and delivery gave the defense time to get to the ball. Luckily, Colin throws a heck of a fast ball, and this partially offsets the extra time he gives DBs to see where he's going.

I also see that as a ball carrier, and I raised this point before but with his long arms he holds that ball REAL loosely away from his body and he's probably prone to fumbles. He turned the ball over against Boston College with a fumble doing exactly that, holding the ball too far away from his body due to his long arms.

Back
Top Bottom