Keenan McCardell may be available w/o a trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keenan McCardell may be available w/o a trade

rhadaddy

Who's your daddy?
Reaction score
from espn
Sources say it's this simple: The Buccaneers will not budge when it comes to renegotiating WR Keenan McCardell's contract, and the longer the impasse with the veteran continues, the more likely it is the Bucs will look to trade McCardell or release him outright prior to the start of the season.

I know some of us is enamored with some of the young prosepcts we have on this team, but with expansion of the pratice squad, and considering how relatively cheap he would be, because it would be so late in preseason, he would be a tremendous upgrade over DT. And we automatically become the most talented wr corp.

Yeah that would definetly lock down the best WR core in the NFL..im in favor.

ohh btw

The link is a part of ESPN Insider, so I didn't post it, since it's paid subscription.

McCardell has always been one of my favorites. If we are able to trade for him a young reciever like Simmons or Tolver for him, I would. Even better would be to sign him outright for the third wideout spot. I wonder if Thompson would complain about being a fourth string Wideout though, not that I really care.

I'm not in favor, he wouldn't sign unless we he was guaranteed a #1 WR role, and made Top 10 receiver money.

Plus we wouldn't be in 3 WR packages most of the time anyway. So who would you move down too #3?

Samphin said:
McCardell has always been one of my favorites. If we are able to trade for him a young reciever like Simmons or Tolver for him, I would. Even better would be to sign him outright for the third wideout spot. I wonder if Thompson would complain about being a fourth string Wideout though, not that I really care.
Me as a die hard FinFan....couldnt think of anything I could care less about then Derrius Thompson's opinion...he should enjoy getting a paycheck while he can and SAVE his money because he might not be in this league in 2 years..

bobdroopy said:
I'm not in favor, he wouldn't sign unless we he was guaranteed a #1 WR role, and made Top 10 receiver money.

Plus we wouldn't be in 3 WR packages most of the time anyway. So who would you move down too #3?
I cant think of ANY team that will give him top 10 money!! Also there is NO team he could be the no.1 IMO....and the other question....no doubt he would "move down"

DBoston80 said:
Yeah that would definetly lock down the best WR core in the NFL..im in favor.

Best, our WR corps hasn't played one down in the NFL together.... :confused:

DBoston80 said:
I cant think of ANY team that will give him top 10 money!! Also there is NO team he could be the no.1 IMO....and the other question....no doubt he would "move down"

It's not worth it, Hes a cry baby

MDFINFAN said:
Best, our WR corps hasn't played one down in the NFL together.... :confused:
Since when did wr have to have chemistry with eachother???? So if a team were to sign Moss and Owens and Harrison....it would be dumb to say they have never played a down together..so I cant say theyre the best??

We have 2 PROVEN wr's in this league..and Mcardell would make 3...and that WOULD be the best core in the league...its not an Oline who has to work as a unit...we have 2 very very good playmakers at WR..I dont care if they were born on different planets..Talent is Talent.:D

You'd pretty much have to go 3 wide on each play to keep all 3 happy. I can't see any one of these guys accepting the #3 spot, although it's great to fantasize about!

bobdroopy said:

How do you know this??? He's obviously demanding more money from the Bucs for what he's given them over the last two years, but he's never gone on record demanding a No.1 slot........

Back
Top Bottom