Keenan McCardell may be available w/o a trade | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keenan McCardell may be available w/o a trade

sounds kinda like the ogun problem with the dolphins

Not so much. The Phins aren't utilizing Ogunleye like their #1 DE, that would mean placing him at Right DE. That spot is occupied by Jason Taylor, whom they've paid handsomely. Also, a little bit lost in this clamor about how Ogun has had 25 or 26 sacks in the past two years, is the fact that JT has had 32 sacks in the same time period. On the other hand, unlike the McCardell situation, Ogunleye is NOT under contract. He is a free agent, albeit restricted, and he is playing the hand he was dealt, rather than bucking the system and holding out like McCardell is.

You could think about chambers being gone next year he will look for a big pay day so maybe Boston Mccardell in the future could be a good compromise and for this season we could have all of them.

Except that McCardell probably only has one or two good years left. He's 34 going on 35 by the end of 2004...and he's been playing in the NFL for 13 years.

Have you thought about where we will be if either DB or CC gets hurt during the season? Thats right .Right where we were last year.Basically we have the same backups none of which have shown consistency and starter potential so far.

We need a slot receiver and Mc Cardell would be a good one.Not sure how we could work it out contract wise.It looks like he looking for big bucks.

ckparrothead said:
Not so much. The Phins aren't utilizing Ogunleye like their #1 DE, that would mean placing him at Right DE. That spot is occupied by Jason Taylor, whom they've paid handsomely. Also, a little bit lost in this clamor about how Ogun has had 25 or 26 sacks in the past two years, is the fact that JT has had 32 sacks in the same time period. On the other hand, unlike the McCardell situation, Ogunleye is NOT under contract. He is a free agent, albeit restricted, and he is playing the hand he was dealt, rather than bucking the system and holding out like McCardell is.
umm interesting you, obviously know alot more about this kinda thing than most. thanks for your input:up:

Ck that's a good point but a guy like that could be a second wr for more than two years, any way what bothers me is how bad DT was last year and how none of the guys brought in appear able to overtake him,I still think we have a better chance than last year with the offence we have now including the OL and AJ.

Long Live Chambers!!!

We cannot let Chambers leave next year!! He's got to be the most talented receiver we've had on our roster for years with so much upside!!! But then again considering how non-pass oriented our offense is with a mediocre QB (who can't consistently get him the ball) and with Ricky being the center of the offense his reception yardage numbers continues to suffer. I just have this bad feeling in my stomach that CC may actually want to leave Miami next year for the pure reason of him not getting the ball enough! But if Feeley turns out to be the real deal (and I'm very encouraged by the Eagles 2002 clips I've seen) there might be hope for our passing game (and Chambers staying) after all!! C'mon Feeley..... STEP UP TO THE PLATE MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cooldude:

McCardell isnt a top 10 WR so why would he get paid like it? He's getting older every year obviously so the money will not be flowing like he thinks it should. I wouldnt mind him being traded to us, but i doubt it happens

McCardell isnt a top 10 WR so why would he get paid like it? He's getting older every year obviously so the money will not be flowing like he thinks it should. I wouldnt mind him being traded to us, but i doubt it happens

Everyone says that, but it is hard to argue with his production over the last 5 years.

I think it would be great to get him. But, at this point w've got our '04 teams. My prediction is we start training camp with the current roster. I say give Tolver a shot!

Like Ck pointed out

and as I read earlier this summer, KM is pissed at the Bucs for not paying him for how they're using him. When he originally signed the contract with the Bucs, it wasn't to start so he accepted less. I don't see why he wouldn't swing a similar deal with the Phins, if he was brought in under the premise of being a #3 wr. Especially since he was quoted as saying that he would like to be traded to the Phins, when this nes first broke.

It seems to me that he doesn't want to leave Florida if he doesn't have to. considering that he does have a ring and he's on the downside of his career he may be in a "show me the money mode" however, being close to home is sometimes more important than an extra couple hundred thousand dollars for these players which may be the case with Florida not having state tax. In that regard, I could see him going to Baltimore over San Fran because of it's location.

Also keep in mind, tampa bay will first try to trade him and if there are no takers, they will spite him and wait right until before the begining of the season to release him, which will decrease the chance of him getting a lucrative contract. So he may be looking at a one year contract with incentives, So he can land a bigger contract in the offseason.

Also even though he doesn't have a no-trade clause, he can veto a trade ala TO style by simply saying he will sit out if he doesn't get the contract he wants or if he's traded to a team like San Fran, which is a long ways from Fl.

There might be a possiblity that he accepts the vet minimum w/incentives to stay in Florida for atleast a year.

Hey you never know, tommorow Shaq will be a heat, so anything is possible.

For the right money, I'd take McCardell in a second! He's talented, he's not too old, and he has experience. I think he'd be a great addition, even if it meant getting rid of a younger player or two to get him.

Keenan

I think it would be a great move to get him. He would be a great mentor for Chambers and Boston and I think he would be ok as the #3 guy because he is 34 and would still be abel to show the Buccs they made a mistake in letting him go. Would be a great move and major upgrade in everyway from DT

Tolver Schmolver

RICKYSABEAST said:
I think it would be great to get him. But, at this point w've got our '04 teams. My prediction is we start training camp with the current roster. I say give Tolver a shot!

Hey I like the "idea" of Tolver and the idea of "Simmons" even more. But right now, there's no garauntee they will pan out to be anything.

At least with KM you know you've got a great #2 reciever, and even better #3 wr and a serviceable #1 wr in case of injury. That's a clear cut upgrade, over whomever we have.

Also alot has been said about DW, reluctant to give some young guys a shot unless he has to, well, I believe if those young guys show and play lights out, they'll get opportunities, I just don't think Tolver has shown anything great or he would be slated to start. At least with Simmons he's show that he can be a returner and the talk is that he'll be the punt returner this year. So I think this Tolver/Newsome/Cippio hype is nothing more that a few glam articles and stats.

Wasnt McCardell the one who earlier was interested in the Dolpins? I thought there was some earlier issue about McCardell being unhappy, and there was something mentioned about him wanting to play for the Dolphins.

If we can get McCardell, great. More 3 WR sets? Fine, fine. That's good with me. Keep Konrad off the field?

Back
Top Bottom