Keenan McCardell may be available w/o a trade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keenan McCardell may be available w/o a trade

bobdroopy said:
It's not worth it, Hes a cry baby

Crybaby my butt...........this is the first time in his career he's spoken out and rightfully so, he's hitting the end of his career and wants to be paid for the excellent seasons he's quietly put in.

I've watched this guy play so many times and he just flatout gets it done.

enigmatics said:
Crybaby my butt...........this is the first time in his career he's spoken out and rightfully so, he's hitting the end of his career and wants to be paid for the excellent seasons he's quietly put in.

then why would he become a Dolphin for less pay and less play?

rhadaddy said:
from espn

I know some of us is enamored with some of the young prosepcts we have on this team, but with expansion of the pratice squad, and considering how relatively cheap he would be, because it would be so late in preseason, he would be a tremendous upgrade over DT. And we automatically become the most talented wr corp.
Not gonna happen, McCardell doesn't consider himself to be a #3 yet, and he won't do it for a ring as he already got one in Tampa, not to mention we aren't gonna pay him what he'd want to be a #3 with the looming Chambers contract on the horizon.

McCardell is holding out for more money. No way the Dolphins will/should pay him what he's asking. He's making $2 mill this year and $2.75 mill next year and is holding out. Would love to have him but putting him or Boston at #3 would also cause friction.

enigmatics said:

Once again, you're wrong. He can b.itch all he wants, but he has NO leverage.

enigmatics said:
How do you know this??? He's obviously demanding more money from the Bucs for what he's given them over the last two years, but he's never gone on record demanding a No.1 slot........

I saw it on sportscenter, heres the closest article i could find relating to it.

McCardell's contract pays him $2.5-million this year and $2.75-million next year. He wants close to the $4.4-million average of the league's elite receivers. The 12-year veteran has been one of the most productive receivers the past five seasons, posting numbers close to those of Terrell Owens ($4.23-million in 2003), Randy Moss ($5-million) and Jimmy Smith ($3.25-million).

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/06/27/Bucs/McCardell_is_not_like.shtml

Im not going to pay him 4.5 Million to play the 3rd spot, Are you?

And i don't think he wants to play the 3rd spot,.

We need another WR. Let's go and get McCardell. Thompson and Snoop aren't worth giving a shot.

It's just like that guy that said we should get Moss if we could have anyone. Get over the WR heaven. We could use better O-Line before better WRs.

No trades. None. But, if he hits the free market, of course the team would give him a sniff...as would a few others.

As for the top 10 money #1 WR role stuff, thats not necessarily true. From what I hear, his beef is that in 2003 with the trouble from Keyshawn's end the Buccaneers began using him as a #1 WR and he put up #1 WR numbers, and this year with the moves they made, it was obvious they planned on doing that again...and yet he's still working off the small contract he got when he left Jacksonville and cokehead Jimmy Smith's shadow. As much as I've always tended to disregard his talent, since he became a starter for Cleveland in 1995, the man has averaged 1000 yards a season, hardly ever gets injured, and has had 5 seasons of 1100+ yards including 2003.

Anyway what I hear is that he's P.O.'d specifically AT the Bucs, because the Bucs know his value first hand, have made personnel moves based on the plan for him to be their #1 WR, and they still expect him to play for the skinny contract he signed in 2002 when the market was pretty unconvinced that McCardell had anything left in the tank or could do it on his own without Jimmy Smith. Its like when we had Oronde around here and for like 2 or 3 years in a row he came in 2nd on our receiving yardage and we tried to still pay him like a 3rd WR because thats what we kept making him and he was like "Hold on, I'm producing like your 2nd WR, pay me like your 2nd WR" and of course at the time there were EFA considerations so we didn't really have to pay him like a true 2nd WR, but still, we gave him more money because we saw his point.

If Keenan forces the issue and hits the free agent market once again he won't find too many suitors willing to pay him as much money as he's trying to force the Bucs to pay him right now, but I don't think that would be his expectation either.

He would make a great 3rd WR, and an excellent insurance policy against injury, or any other things that could go wrong with David Boston. Also, with the uncertainty hanging over Randy McMichael's head, a 3rd WR could become a premium again....more 3 WR sets, less TE use.

McCardell?? Ain't gonna happen......

Guys, we can't afford McCardell!! And since when does having all these big names on a team guarantee post-season success?? (This is where we need to take a page from the Pats where they focus on building teams not adding one star after another) I believe Thompson will step up and have a good year as a 3rd WR! He just wasn't cut out to be a WR2. I know there's a huge drop off in talent should CC or DB (God forbid) get hurt but I believe that's a risk we're gonna have to take. The salary cap doesn't allow for that kind of depth at all positions. We still have to worry about re-signing Chambers, extending Surtain, re-signing Ogun......... (in that order)

San Fransico doesn't have any money, unless they get really creative

sounds kinda like the ogun problem with the dolphins, anyway he would be an unbleivable aqusition for the dolphins between chambers and boston and this guy the posibilities would be endless if we did get him it sure would be nice to have a capible QB to throw to them. imagine having these three recievers our current D ricky williams and a healthy danny marino would we be the superbowl favorites?

I think their #1 WR is Brandon Lloyd, and they have Derrick Hamilton (rookie, I think 3rd rounder) and Rashaun Woods (rookie 1st rounder, rumored to be having trouble in camps) and they have Curtis Conway.

If I were them, I'd get creative.

You could think about chambers being gone next year he will look for a big pay day so maybe Boston Mccardell in the future could be a good compromise and for this season we could have all of them.

Back
Top Bottom