Kenny Pickett | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kenny Pickett

The Patriot's weapons aren't much better but weapons arent as important as having a great OL and great coaching and in that the Patriots are significantly better. A top 8 OL compared to the literal worst OL and the best coach in NFL history compared to a guy whose defense only feasts on weak QB and can't seem to do the same to average-above average tier of QBs.
Teams don’t fear Tua and until that happens you should expect the same thing. This RPO College offense that we have to run doesn’t scare opposing defense of coordinators at all.

Yeah I’m just saying don’t go into the draft saying we’re not going to draft a QB at all. If a QB falls to you in any round outside of the first rd you should consider it. If QB is BPA in rd 3, definitely think about it,
I am all for drafting a QB in the 3rd or later.

Maybe a contributing factor to poor O lines was that we haven’t had a qb since Marino (minus the short Pennington stint ). QBs can fix a whole lot, at the very least mask a lot of issues
Why would you want guys starting that can`t do there jobs ? Tua has shown potential the o-line has not . QB`s cant fix anything , hide a whole lot maybe . Fix the actual problem and the QB can actually concentrate more on what there suppose to be doing .

Why would you want guys starting that can`t do there jobs ? Tua has shown potential the o-line has not . QB`s cant fix anything , hide a whole lot maybe . Fix the actual problem and the QB can actually concentrate more on what there suppose to be doing .
i agree with you, i dont want guys starting that aren't at least good at their position. O line will be addressed this offseason (to some degree). Not sure what that has to do with upgrading our QB. What potential has Tua shown btw? Or better question i guess is what potential ceiling has he shown? Great QB's make those around them better, look around the league.

Yeah, a QB can mask a lot of issues only for those issues to be exposed in the playoffs when you face an actual good team. Marino dominated the regular season and masked our lack of a run game and lack of a good defense only for the mask to fall off every damn postseason. So like I said fix the OL and fix the run game or it will be more of the same unless you just want to be regular season warriors.
so do you want to fix QB as well or just address everything around it?

Yes, they have a better offense around him. I take that into account. The o line didn’t even play poorly yesterday all things considered. That game was squarely on Tuas shoulders. The o line didn’t make him overthrow and underthrow WRs consistently
Again. Tua is not without fault. He's got warts. But it's criminal how this offense is built. It's worse than dink and dunk. Anytime your offensive philosophy is to hit a big play on a slant or quick out and that’s it, you’re in deep trouble!

Yes a rookie QB will definitely fix the OL, WR and RB talent. Why did I not think of this? 🤦‍♀️
Nothing wrong with the WR talent, the OL/RBs played well against the Titans and Tua had his worst game.

It's obvious Tua can't compete against the good teams.

Again. Tua is not without fault. He's got warts. But it's criminal how this offense is built. It's worse than dink and dunk. Anytime your offensive philosophy is to hit a big play on a slant or quick out and that’s it, you’re in deep trouble!
Agreed, but the most obvious answer is that the offense is built that way because of Tua, not in spite of him.

so do you want to fix QB as well or just address everything around it?
I want to build a SB-caliber team that's not to say All Pro's at every position but you can't win consistently with the 32nd ranked OL and 31st ranked run game no matter who the QB is. We had an elite QB for 17 years and it got us nothing the only time we won SB's was when we had the QB and gave him a run game and defense not to mention a good OL. These units don't have to be elite but they cant be the worst in the NFL either.

I want to build a SB-caliber team that's not to say All Pro's at every position but you can't win consistently with the 32nd ranked OL and 31st ranked run game no matter who the QB is. We had an elite QB for 17 years and it got us nothing the only time we won SB's was when we had the QB and gave him a run game and defense not to mention a good OL. These units don't have to be elite but they cant be the worst in the NFL either.
OL will be addressed this off-season Not sure about the other stuff and not sure how well we address it if Grier is calling the shots. But I hear you

Agreed, but the most obvious answer is that the offense is built that way because of Tua, not in spite of him.
Wait. I disagree. While I think they intended to build around him, they absolutely whiffed. For all the Tua "can'ts," Tua absolutely can throw more than slants and 5 yard in and outs.

-All of the rb's that they have are complimentary. No defense in the NFL worries about the Dolphins run game.
- The Oline...good thought, terrible execution. Enough said.
-Wrs...you drafted Waddle to be a short yardage guy? Bad concept. Other than Waddle what Wrs have the other teams best corner cover him? Parker? Maybe...but I doubt it.
-Coaching - This is the biggest offense to the offense. No philosophy. No big play concepts (the line would get Tua decapitated), TURNOVER of coaches....

I could go on, but last game notwithstanding, these problems have existed all year. I don't know what we have in Tua, but I do know I'm envious of how some of the younger QBs have better support and setupd than Tua.

Wait. I disagree. While I think they intended to build around him, they absolutely whiffed. For all the Tua "can'ts," Tua absolutely can throw more than slants and 5 yard in and outs.

-All of the rb's that they have are complimentary. No defense in the NFL worries about the Dolphins run game.
- The Oline...good thought, terrible execution. Enough said.
-Wrs...you drafted Waddle to be a short yardage guy? Bad concept. Other than Waddle what Wrs have the other teams best corner cover him? Parker? Maybe...but I doubt it.
-Coaching - This is the biggest offense to the offense. No philosophy. No big play concepts (the line would get Tua decapitated), TURNOVER of coaches....

I could go on, but last game notwithstanding, these problems have existed all year. I don't know what we have in Tua, but I do know I'm envious of how some of the younger QBs have better support and setupd than Tua.
No question the running game is embarrassingly bad. That makes Tuas life tough. I take that into account. I don’t expect to see him flinging it around for 350+ yards every game with no support on the ground and a bad o line . But maybe doing that like once would be fair expectations? He has literally one game over 300 yards this year. That’s downright embarrassing. No lack of talent around him can account for that.

The Waddle and gameplan thing I think comes back to the scheme being due to Tua, not in spite of him. I simply don’t think they trust him throwing deep over the middle or on deep outs.

I know that in Tua we have an undersized guy who doesn’t have a big arm, isn’t particularly evasive, and is pretty slow. He also seems to have a serious problem holding onto the ball. Accurate throws under 10 yards only get you so far. I’ve seen just as much inaccuracy as I have accuracy on intermediate and deep throws. He has shown absolutely nothing that says “elite” to me, but has shown plenty that says “not that good”

Back
Top Bottom