Kenny Pickett | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kenny Pickett

Maybe a contributing factor to poor O lines was that we haven’t had a qb since Marino (minus the short Pennington stint ). QBs can fix a whole lot, at the very least mask a lot of issues
Yeah, a QB can mask a lot of issues only for those issues to be exposed in the playoffs when you face an actual good team. Marino dominated the regular season and masked our lack of a run game and lack of a good defense only for the mask to fall off every damn postseason. So like I said fix the OL and fix the run game or it will be more of the same unless you just want to be regular season warriors.

I think Pittsburgh would be the ideal place for young Kenny Pickett, he’d probably make the most impact on that team that has a line, WRs, and a RB already. That’s pretty much plug and play right there.
Isn't the Steelers OL pretty bad?

There may be one or two of them starting in a few years if they end up in a great situation like Mac Jones did. To your point though, I don't see a franchise guy that can come in and change a team. If none of them end up in a great situation, I agree none of them will be more than backups.

Yes, the 2023 QB class and overall draft is shaping to be much better than 2022. In fact, I see this 2022 as the weakest in a while.
Some of your guys hatred for Mac Jones is comical, the guy hung 50 points on the board as a rookie. The patriots weapons aren’t that much better than the dolphins if at all.

Cincy’s OL was still trash when Burrow got there too. That’s how he ended up with a torn ACL, and everyone saying Sewell should be their pick
Not dolphins trash though….that on a whole other level of trash. Cincy can run the ball very well. Huge for a qb

Some of your guys hatred for Mac Jones is comical, the guy hung 50 points on the board as a rookie. The patriots weapons aren’t that much better than the dolphins if at all.
The Patriot's weapons aren't much better but weapons arent as important as having a great OL and great coaching and in that the Patriots are significantly better. A top 8 OL compared to the literal worst OL and the best coach in NFL history compared to a guy whose defense only feasts on weak QB and can't seem to do the same to average-above average tier of QBs.

I've been following Pickett's career all these years , since he's the QB for my school. The mentorship and training he received under Whipple (who has had some of the highest scoring offenses in College FB) and under Peyton Manning has made him a complete QB. He has the arm, size and athleticism to be unique. For an example of his athleticism watch the video of him running out of the pocket, starting to slide then take off for a TD.
Pickett's accuracy and arm made Addison the Biletnikoff winner as best receiver in the country. Kenny consistently threw Addison open, hit him in tight spaces or hit him on the run for YAC. I believe Pickett made Addison a first round pick.

Pitt's O-line was a revolving door this year, due to injuries. However, unlike the Dolphins, Pitt had a great O-line coach and innovative experienced OC. That said, Pickett had to rely on his wheels and athleticism often to escape the pocket or step up. I haven't seen a QB like that in a Pitt uniform since Dan the Man.

He's a first round pick and yes, the Steelers want him. After all, he's been in their facilities the past 5 years.

Where did I ever say that I hate Mac Jones? All I said was he ended up in a great situation.
I mean the guy has who is considered one of if not the best coach of all time, a top end offensive coordinator, one of the best Olines in football, a great running game, solid receivers, and a great defense that gave him multiple turnovers and short fields yesterday. Then heck yeah he is in a great situation, one of the best situations ever for a rookie

Whoever mentioned Carson Strong as a potential pick is spot on for choice if he is available in the 3rd round. He is a big guy with a good arm that has a chance to be a good pro QB. He reminds scouts of Josh Allen.

No matter if you like Tua or dislike Tua, drafting a QB in this draft is not the answer. Not a good group of QB's and not a very good overall draft.
Keep drafting them until you find one. At the very least get a capable backup QB so we can get rid of brisket

Keep drafting them until you find one. At the very least get a capable backup QB so we can get rid of brisket
Or use the pick on another position of need if you feel there is a better player there. Or use the pick to trade for a proven QB. I agree with getting a more capable backup veteran QB

He will likely make a nice backup QB in the league for some team. If he is still available in the 6th or 7th round, he might be a good replacement for Brissett.
Pickett is first round talent - beyond a doubt. Made Addison an All-American. Made Mark Whipple, our OC, a rich(er) man going to Nebraska.
Steelers love Pickett. They know him better than any NFL team since Pitt and Steelers share training facilities.

Or use the pick on another position of need if you feel there is a better player there. Or use the pick to trade for a proven QB. I agree with getting a more capable backup veteran QB
Yeah I’m just saying don’t go into the draft saying we’re not going to draft a QB at all. If a QB falls to you in any round outside of the first rd you should consider it. If QB is BPA in rd 3, definitely think about it,

Whoever mentioned Carson Strong as a potential pick is spot on for choice if he is available in the 3rd round. He is a big guy with a good arm that has a chance to be a good pro QB. He reminds scouts of Josh Allen.

Strong is more accurate than Allen but has very little mobility. I’d still be open to drafting him.

Back
Top Bottom