Kenny Stills Released | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kenny Stills Released

That irritated me...so I’m sure Flores hated it!
I think the fact that he took to social media, which is the way of the world these days, annoyed Flo. I think Flo is a “take it straight on” type of guy meaning if Kenny has a problem he should have discussed it with him and or Mr Ross and not Twitter. Sounds crazy but I believe that’s how Flo handles his issues, man to man, face to face.

I doubt if the 'phins are brave enough to put a claim in on Stills, but if they do... and he walks at the end of the year (which seems likely as his contract is expiring), he would then be part of the compensatory draft pick process for 2022.

This could be immaterial if we sign a bunch more FAs this year, but if we don't... Stills might generate a pick. It's worth considering.

With our receivers having so many issues getting separation, any chance we bring him back for a little speed at the position?

With our receivers having so many issues getting separation, any chance we bring him back for a little speed at the position?
I'd bring him in. It just won't work out the way people think. He would have no chemistry or off-season to learn our offense. The NFL isn't exactly a plug and play sport when you haven't been on the team all year.

I think the fact that he took to social media, which is the way of the world these days, annoyed Flo. I think Flo is a “take it straight on” type of guy meaning if Kenny has a problem he should have discussed it with him and or Mr Ross and not Twitter. Sounds crazy but I believe that’s how Flo handles his issues, man to man, face to face.
Exactly...the way it should be!

Well hot damn. So do millions of us little worker ants. Can't go onto FB or whatever and do the equivalent of a house egging against our bosses.

I guess athletes enjoy a privilege they have had since HS.

No thanks...don’t need the politics in our locker room...next
Agreed. I disagree with his politics but used to respect how he went about trying to be a part of the change he wanted to see off the field. Then he brought it on the field and more and more in his interviews. I can't get behind that regardless of your politics and I doubt Ross will want round two of that as well.

We all saw this coming lol... It's Finheaven 🤣😂🤣😂 If anyone is released with any semblance of previous success there will be that "should Miami sign Joe Blow" thread.... While this thread does hold some merritt as he was former dolphins who found inconsistent success with the previous regime. For me it's a no.... He didn't work out the first time between him and Flores.
Kenny was part of the Tunsil trade with the Texans (the sweetener in the deal that brings their 2021 1st and 2nd round Draft picks). The deal was completed at the end of the preseason and like Tunsil, he never played an NFL game under Coach Flo.
Kenny was pretty good at catching the long ball (even from Tannehill) and he has some legit speed. I think that he could be an asset, because we are thin at receiver. However, I'd be surprised if the Dolphins pursue him.
BTW - Kenny won the Miami Dolphins Nat Moore Community Service award in 2016, 2017 and 2018 for the extensive work he did to build bridges between the police and communities. He was also the Dolphins nominee for the prestigious Walter Payton award in 2018.

Last edited:
I’d rather see what Callaway can do. Stills is a drama queen and that’s the last thing this team needs

Kenny was part of the Tunsil trade with the Texans (the sweetener in the deal that brings their 2021 1st and 2nd round Draft picks). The deal was completed at the end of the preseason and like Tunsil, he never played an NFL game under Coach Flo.
Kenny was pretty good at catching the long ball (even from Tannehill) and he has some legit speed. I think that he could be an asset, because we are thin at receiver. However, I'd be surprised if the Dolphins pursue him.
BTW - Kenny won the Miami Dolphins Nat Moore Community Service award in 2016, 2017 and 2018 for the extensive work he did to build bridges between the police and communities. He was also the Dolphins nominee for the prestigious Walter Payton award in 2018.
I get it man. But there was "drama" before the deal, no? Believe me, I understand what he did for the community. Dudes a great guy. No one doubted that my man. But you can't help but question the timing of him getting moved shortly after documented media driven "drama". We'll see how it plays out in the coming days, weeks or future....

Last edited:
If it were us solely us looking for speed, we already have that.
Merritt 4.33, Grant 4.38, Patton 4.40, Callaway 4.41,
Stills 4.38,

I get it man. But there was "drama" before the deal, no? Believe me, I understand what he did for the community. Dudes a great guy. No one doubted that my man. But you can't help but question the timing of him getting moved shortly after documented media driven "drama". We'll see how it plays out in the coming days, weeks or future. So where do you stand? You think he gets the call?
The drama wasn't between Flo and Kenny. I seem to recall that Kenny made a pretty explosive comment about owner Stephen Ross
I don't think Kenny gets a call because of the sensitivity of the politics from the top. However, he could be a low cost addition with upside.

Back
Top Bottom