kobe or wade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

kobe or wade

I would pick Wade. He carries alot less baggage, and he is so young that he will develop even more. The upside for Wade is bigger than Kobe in my oppinon. Shaq also said that he is the best teammate he has ever had. They have never even come close to a fight, and he said that has never happened before. It may be a way to bash Kobe indirectly, but I still see Wade as a better teammate, and even a better person. He seems to be a really good guy.

It does seem that Wade is injured alot more than Kobe. It seems that Wade is always coming down hard on his hip or back after driving to the basket, and that is always a concern, but I still pick Wade.

As far as I am concerned....

The best player in the league is Kobe, then Lebron, then Wade.

of the three..lebron has the most upside, with Wade second. Kobe will not get any better.

In about 3 years, I think Lebron will be a clear cut #1 with Wade and Kobe holding on for #2.

Some guy said it best in another thread.

Lebron is Peyton Manning, Wade is Tom Brady.

Section126 said:

of the three..lebron has the most upside, with Wade second. Kobe will not get any better.

In about 3 years, I think Lebron will be a clear cut #1 with Wade and Kobe holding on for #2.

What a ludicrous comparison. Wade is Brady? Brady is known for Championships, Wade has won nothing, he hasn't even gotten out of the Eastern Conference yet. LeBron is a 21 yr. old just getting started while Mannings failures are piling up as he enters his 30's.

As for the premise of this thread, Kobe vs. Wade, Kobe.

phinman1 said:
What a ludicrous comparison. Wade is Brady? Brady is known for Championships, Wade has won nothing, he hasn't even gotten out of the Eastern Conference yet. LeBron is a 21 yr. old just getting started while Mannings failures are piling up as he enters his 30's.

It's not a ludicrous comparison...it is spot on.

Section126 said:

That some guy was me... :wink:

phinman1 said:

I was the one who made the comparison. Obviously, neither LeBron or Wade has accomplished a fraction of what either of those QBs has accomplished.

I was making the comparison in terms of style of play.

Manning is capeable of putting up rediculous numbers and has rediculous amounts of talent (like Lebron)... And Brady, while not as talented, will be the guy that will lead your team down the field at the end of the game to win.

Manning and Lebron- have talent pouring out of their ears... and put up crazy numbers

Brady and Wade - Put up solid numbers... but when it is the 4th quarter... and the game is on the line... they completly take over the game...

Wade has obviously not won any championships(like Brady)... and LeBron has obviously not broken any sacred records(like Manning)... but I am talking about in terms of how they play their respective games...

(and it wasnt meant as a slight at all against LeBron by comparing him to Manning, about the choking thing. It was a massive compliment by saying LeBron is the most talented player in the NBA)

Now if you want to continue talking about the comparison I made... finish it in the Wade vs Bron thread... so we dont hi-jack this one... I made the comment on pg 8 of that thread...

Now back to the thread...

I would take Wade for a couple of reasons.

1. I think Kobe has hit his ceiling(which is damn high!), while Wade is only starting to emerge...

2. Wade is the much better teammate. He wont cause problems in the lockerroom... point fingers... or make the team disessemble because he isnt happy...

Section126 said:

:up: 100% agree.

As far as peyton/brady comment. Here is a better comparison.
Peyton = Lebron - Superior Talent no rings
Brady = Kobe - Great Talent may be one of the all time great and has multiple championships. Fans either love him or hate him but respect his game.
Palmer = Wade - Great Talent, Turnaround a franchise and is proving to be a elite player at that position. Likely to win a championship.

Amars said:

Brady = Kobe - Great Talent may be one of the all time great and has multiple championships. Fans either love him or hate him but respect his game.
Palmer = Wade - Great Talent, Turnaround a franchise and is proving to be a elite player at that position. Likely to win a championship.

Id go with that

The one thing that would make me choose Wade over Kobe though, is the fact that he elevates the play of his team so much by just being a great team mate and making them believe in the team

Im a huge Kobe fan though

Amars said:

LeBron is 21 and people can't cut him some slack for not winning championships?

I'd take Kobe, it's a win-now league and if the Heat can't get one this year or next the window of opportunity for the Shaq/Wade tandem maybe closing. Obviously one would think that Wade would have more opportunities to carry the team after Shaq retires but it will be impossible to find a big man who has a presence like Shaq. Dwight Howard is a guy who I think has an incredible ceiling and I definately think as he develops over the next few years he will be in the conversation as one of the premier players in the league with Wade/Lebron/Kobe.

Back
Top Bottom