La Canfora is now saying that we will use the franchise tag on Long or Smith | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

La Canfora is now saying that we will use the franchise tag on Long or Smith

Can everyone remember this thread when NEITHER of these people get tagged?

La Confora is a complete BS artist who just makes stuff up. Ignore when you see his name.

Sean Smith is all talk and no production...know what I'm sayin?

Of course we will franchise one of the...Ireland is stupid enough to do it!

Theres absolutely no reason not to use it. We can do this, still get some top free agents and sign all our draft picks. We have so much cap room, its not the time to be safe. We need to take some risks, and hold on to the talent we have.

How can you say there's absolutely no reason not to do it, when in Long's case it would eat about one third of their cap space this offseason? That tag could prevent Miami from signing two front line starters. It's not like they have $100 million in space.

imho Long would take about 15 mil of our cap space , heck if i was going to spend that kind of money on an injured LT then why not take that same 15 mil and grab one of the top FA LTs thats going to be hitting the market , atleast we will know that they are in better health and maybe play the whole 16 games instead of gettin a Monster contract and Ride the bench all year ,,theres a right way to risk big money then theres the crazy way of risking it.

What's the point of tagging either of them and overpaying? It's just a dumb idea. Offer each of them what you believe they are worth and if someone offers them more than oh well. There are other options out there in free agency plus the draft. Severely overpaying for guys and wasting cap space that could go to other needed positions is just stupid and would show a bit of laziness on the part of the Dolphins front office. Like I said there are plenty of other options at Corner and Offensive Tackle in free agency and the draft.

I understand franchising Smith. I don't like it, but I understand it. It's a supply and demand thing. Milner is the best corner in the draft? He's okay but he's not a game changer. On the other hand, the draft if LOADED with OT's and free agency has some as well. That being said, franchising long would be a poor decision and cannot be justified/

I understand franchising Smith. I don't like it, but I understand it. It's a supply and demand thing. Milner is the best corner in the draft? He's okay but he's not a game changer. On the other hand, the draft if LOADED with OT's and free agency has some as well. That being said, franchising long would be a poor decision and cannot be justified/
im sorry but I JUST CANT SEE NOWAY LONG IS WORTH 15.MIL + theres just to many more options out there than that , i would Rather give Clady 9 mil than to over pay long to ride the bench and as for smith theres alot of FA CBs that are as good if not better than Smith, that we can sign for less than what smith is askin , most of them may only be stop gaps but we need to make the best moves as of what we have than to jump in w
ith both feet and over pay for Smith or any other player , so imo if we can only find Smiths replacement that will only have a couple years left , than so be it , i say if they are better than smith and cheaper ,i dont care if they are older as long as they can produce and not break the bank to sign them , all im sayin is go get the best player at the possion no matter how old they are as long as they can still play at a high level and we dont have to break the bank on them.

This is the time of year beat writers start slinging **** at the wall and hope it sticks. In this case I hope both turds keep sliding down the wall!

If they tag someone, it should be Long. Smith shouldn't even be considered. He's not good no matter how you measure it. 5 INTs in 64 GS? Are you kidding me? Everyone sees how poorly he tackles so don't get me started there. Losing him does not create a hole - he flat our SUCKS (in my humble opinion). If the FO franchises him it just cements in my mind the fact that Ireland is a complete idiot and has no business being a GM.

I think we should use it on Jake. He is good for one more year, then we draft a OT and groom him this year then we can choose between the new guy and Martin. Plus Jake will have a lot riding on this season. If he fails for us again no one will pay him anywhere near 10 mil./ year. I would rather pay Long top 5 money than Smith. Smith has proven nothing yet.

I think if we tag Long, Smith or anyone else it is because we want more time to try to negotiate a long term deal. If a long term deal cannot be reached, we can always rescind the franchise tag before they sign it.

The tag is perfect for Long.. except for the fact it's 15million for lineman. You should be about to get 2/3 quality starters for that sort of money.

Back
Top Bottom