Lakers Lakers Lakers | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lakers Lakers Lakers

People say Gasol's defense is subpar. If Phil Jackson could make a fundamentally unsound, unaware, and unfocused Kwame Brown look good on D, Gasol should be a piece of cake.

People say Gasol's defense is subpar. If Phil Jackson could make a fundamentally unsound, unaware, and unfocused Kwame Brown look good on D, Gasol should be a piece of cake.

Yeah, but who says he did that? :shakeno:

I will say you are better off not having Kwame anymore, as it was just a matter of time till he takes Gasol out as well :unsure:

Yeah, but who says he did that? :shakeno:

I will say you are better off not having Kwame anymore, as it was just a matter of time till he takes Gasol out as well :unsure:

Phil or one of his assistants because Kwame Brown wasn't regarded as a quality defender until he came here (or at least for a while). Plus, Kareem tried to teach Kwame the same things he tried to teach Bynum except Kwame was either too dumb or too lazy to learn em (Kareem even said so himself). I'm sure Gasol will show a bit more motivation and brainpower.

crittenton was kind of the forgotten man, since we got fisher and farmar is already good in his 2nd year, i just can say this, kupchak took a lot of heat the last few years, but he did held on with bynum and now he absolutely ripped off the grizzlies

PG Fisher
SG Bryant
SF Odom
PF Gasol
C Bynum

farmar, walton, vujacic, turiaf, radmanovic from the bench

if bynum is back on time he has like 20 games to get in game shape, same for ariza watch out here come the lakers baby, i love it

i still dont get it how we could have gotten gasol and didnt have to give up odom in this deal......hahahahahahaha

Alright KOBE no more excuses.

You have premier players with Bynum , Gasol , and hopefully Odom now playing as the 3rd options.

Defensive presence and workhorses with Bynum, Turiaf, and Ariza.

Shooters all over with Farmar, Vlad Rad, Sasha, and Fish.

A deep bench.

Hall of Fame Coach in Phil.

Hopefully we can get healthy going into the playoffs.

Alright KOBE no more excuses.

You have premier players with Bynum , Gasol , and hopefully Odom now playing as the 3rd options.

Defensive presence and workhorses with Bynum, Turiaf, and Ariza.

Shooters all over with Farmar, Vlad Rad, Sasha, and Fish.

A deep bench.

Hall of Fame Coach in Phil.

Hopefully we can get healthy going into the playoffs.

That last one is the key right there. Once everyone's on the same page and on the court together, we will be a force to be reckoned with and someone who can make the Celtics cry.

:woot:

how longs Gasols contract for??

Pau's contract expires in 2011. Thus making the half baked notion that LeBron was coming in 2010 a virtual impossibility.

Edit: Kobe had an INSANE game tonight. 46 points on 19-28 shooting with a short, depleted bench and Lamar and Turiaf in foul trouble. Sasha Vujacic is coming into his own as well. The guy seems to have finally had the light go off and is hitting his spots on the floor perfectly. 8-10 form the floor including 4-5 from 3 point land in 26 minutes. Unreal.

Farmar contributed but what I was looking for mostly tnight was how Odom would play with no Bynum, Kwame, Gasol, Mihm or Walton. 5 fouls and only 12 points in 40 minutes on the floor. However he did have 8 assists and 10 rebounds. Two assists shy of a triple double.

I would expect to see more of this Lamar going forward and less of the scorer which always seems forced with him anyways.

They did trade alot though...Kwame is a stiff. Crittendon will be good. and two first rounders (who cares).

Highway robbery. the ONLY hting that makes me think is that this was Jerry West that you dealt with..so maybe he knows something that you don't. That is all.

Chris Wallace is the Grizzlies G.M. Although, me thinks Jerry may have helped design this trade to not only help Memphis shed salary, but for his former team (and where he SHOULD BE) to get that much better.

Its sad, Jerry was in a position a few years back to get himself a franchise player with the Grizzlies (odds were they would get one of the LeBron/Melo/Wade trio) but the lottery balls didn't fall his way and he was stuck with a bad, underachieving team for his tenure there.

I think he knew this was coming (firesale) and that is why he decided to call it quits recently. So that the blood wasn't on his hands.

Pau's contract expires in 2011. Thus making the half baked notion that LeBron was coming in 2010 a virtual impossibility.

Edit: Kobe had an INSANE game tonight. 46 points on 19-28 shooting with a short, depleted bench and Lamar and Turiaf in foul trouble. Sasha Vujacic is coming into his own as well. The guy seems to have finally had the light go off and is hitting his spots on the floor perfectly. 8-10 form the floor including 4-5 from 3 point land in 26 minutes. Unreal.

Farmar contributed but what I was looking for mostly tnight was how Odom would play with no Bynum, Kwame, Gasol, Mihm or Walton. 5 fouls and only 12 points in 40 minutes on the floor. However he did have 8 assists and 10 rebounds. Two assists shy of a triple double.

I would expect to see more of this Lamar going forward and less of the scorer which always seems forced with him anyways.

thanks for the info and the mini spoiler since the Laker Game is delayed and still on :lol: :wink:

I just read the first line and didnt read anymore. Im on a 90min delay also.

Back
Top Bottom