Lakers Lakers Lakers | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lakers Lakers Lakers

Wade doesnt break the top 5. Sorry. Nice try though.

Why wouldn't he?

What has changed? he is still as good as he has ever been. Coming off an injury he is basically all the way back now.

He's put up his career high in points twice this year.

Jeez...he scored 37 tonight on 50% shooting facing double teams all night.

Ask King Felix if Wade is top five after tonights game.

So YES..he is top 5, anybody that doesn't think so, just doesn't know basketball or is just a hater.

Why wouldn't he?

What has changed? he is still as good as he has ever been. Coming off an injury he is basically all the way back now.

He's put up his career high in points twice this year.

Jeez...he scored 37 tonight on 50% shooting facing double teams all night.

Ask King Felix if Wade is top five after tonights game.

So YES..he is top 5, anybody that doesn't think so, just doesn't know basketball or is just a hater.

He's on the cusp but not top 5 yet. He is not better then Garnett Nash or Duncan. He probably #6 because of injury or whatever but as of right now since the finals he hasnt done much. There no denying that.

He's on the cusp but not top 5 yet. He is not better then Garnett Nash or Duncan. He probably #6 because of injury or whatever but as of right now since the finals he hasnt done much. There no denying that.

DUDE! What the hell has Kobe done since SHAQ left? :lol:

Not done much? What does that mean?

Since the Heat are going streaking for the lottery,

I'll be rooting for my second favorite player's (Kobe) team to succeed.

I hope Bynum comes back before mid-March, though.

(yeah, I've been a closet Kobe fan all these years. He was actually my favorite player post-Jordan era until Miami drafted Wade.)

No offense, but that's the biggest piece of garbage I've ever read.

Kobe? Sure. Best player in the NBA. Hands down. Argue against it and I call bluff.

Duncan? Probably the most consistent, but he's NOT the best individual. Maybe #3 or #4. San Antonio buys into a team concept better than any team in sports outside of the New England Patriots. Duncan can have an awful game and San Antonio can still beat the best teams in the league. Let's not overrate him now. He's great -- he's a legend -- he's a future Hall of Famer -- he's currently "Lord of the Rings" with Jordan retired -- but let's be realistic about this: Kobe & Wade, maybe LeBron, represent a new cast of "individuals".

KG? What a ****ing JOKE! What has he done prior to having TWO All-Stars on the same roster? Cry on national TV like a little girl? KG is not better than Dwyane Wade, lol. What a joke.

Nash? Oh yeah. A system PG who was "solid" in Dallas. Calling Steve Nash better than Dwyane Wade is beyond laughable. The issue isn't even worthy of an argument because anyone with NBA knowledge would call it irrelevant.

With the mention of Kobe, KG, Duncan, & Nash.. I'm assuming your #2 is LeBron James? O'dear Lord. PLEASE NO!!!! Let's not be forced into discussing 38% in the NBA Finals. :lol: -- everything else he accomplishes in the regular season is IRRELEVANT as long as that DISGUSTING display is his lone performance when it matters the most. LeBron is one of my favorites, but he's a joke if you're mentioning him in the same sentence as Kobe & Wade.

You guys put far too much into the regular season. I mean, the regular season is where ONE DIMENSIONAL players like Gilbert Arenas can look like Michael Jordan statistically. Please. Dwyane Wade is still being screwed by that horrible injury, but it's his knees not his elbow. lol @ hasn't done much since the NBA Finals. Yeah, he was averaging 29/7/5 on 49% shooting @ the All-Star break last year before the injury. :lol:

Dwyane Wade basically won a championship by himself.

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dwyane Wade
3. LeBron James/Tim Duncan (you can debate that if you want)
5. Kevin Garnett

That's the bottom line -- the period, point, blank of reality.

Anyone else's opinion on #1 and #2 doesn't get my respect. Sorry for being a dick.

DUDE! What the hell has Kobe done since SHAQ left? :lol:

Not done much? What does that mean?

Given the fact of the lack of good consistent play from his team he has taken his team on his back to the playoffs in the Western Conference. Lakers have always won with a good big Center in the middle. Magic had Kareem , Kobe with Shaq, Gail Goodrich , Elgin Baylor, Jerry West and Wilt Chamberlain. So as much as Kobe would like to do it alone he cant. Now that we have Bynum develop so fast im positive this team will win at 1 probably even 2 championship before Kobe retires. Wade still has shaq who can still be a top 3 center in the league but they have one of the worst record in the league. Even Kobe worst season he didnt have a record like the Heat currently.

Given the fact of the lack of good consistent play from his team he has taken his team on his back to the playoffs in the Western Conference. Lakers have always won with a good big Center in the middle. Magic had Kareem , Kobe with Shaq, Gail Goodrich , Elgin Baylor, Jerry West and Wilt Chamberlain. So as much as Kobe would like to do it alone he cant. Now that we have Bynum develop so fast im positive this team will win at 1 probably even 2 championship before Kobe retires. Wade still has shaq who can still be a top 3 center in the league but they have one of the worst record in the league. Even Kobe worst season he didnt have a record like the Heat currently.

In Kobe's worst season he had Caron Butler & Lamar Odom.

Who the **** does Wade have on his team worthy of making such a contribution?

DO NOT reply with "Shaquille O'Neal"
DO NOT reply with "Ricky Davis"
DO NOT reply with "Jason Williams"
DO NOT reply with "Udonis Haslem"

So....who? Bob McAdoo ready to suit up? :lol:

You mentioned Steve Nash earlier.

Pull Steve Nash out of that system and give him the core of guys Wade has to work with. He's back to his 15/6 caliber Dallas numbers. :up:

Nash? Oh yeah. A system PG who was "solid" in Dallas. Calling Steve Nash better than Dwyane Wade is beyond laughable. The issue isn't even worthy of an argument because anyone with NBA knowledge would call it irrelevant.

Also,

Chris Paul > Steve Nash. Call me "jumping the board" but yeah, I said it.

I am so sick & tired of people overrating system players.

Nash is good, but he's not nearly as good without that system.

GREAT PLAYERS EXCEL NO MATTER WHAT SYSTEM THEY PLAY IN.

Doesn't Steve Nash remind you guys of Wes Welker? :lol: :lol: :lol:

No offense, but that's the biggest piece of garbage I've ever read.

Kobe? Sure. Best player in the NBA. Hands down. Argue against it and I call bluff.

Duncan? Probably the most consistent, but he's NOT the best individual. Maybe #3 or #4. San Antonio buys into a team concept better than any team in sports outside of the New England Patriots. Duncan can have an awful game and San Antonio can still beat the best teams in the league. Let's not overrate him now. He's great -- he's a legend -- he's a future Hall of Famer -- he's currently "Lord of the Rings" with Jordan retired -- but let's be realistic about this: Kobe & Wade, maybe LeBron, represent a new cast of "individuals".

KG? What a ****ing JOKE! What has he done prior to having TWO All-Stars on the same roster? Cry on national TV like a little girl? KG is not better than Dwyane Wade, lol. What a joke.

With the mention of Kobe, KG, Duncan, & Nash.. I'm assuming your #2 is LeBron James? O'dear Lord. PLEASE NO!!!! Let's not be forced into discussing 38% in the NBA Finals. :lol: -- everything else he accomplishes in the regular season is IRRELEVANT as long as that DISGUSTING display is his lone performance when it matters the most. LeBron is one of my favorites, but he's a joke if you're mentioning him in the same sentence as Kobe & Wade.

You guys put far too much into the regular season. I mean, the regular season is where ONE DIMENSIONAL players like Gilbert Arenas can look like Michael Jordan statistically. Please. Dwyane Wade is still being screwed by that horrible injury, but it's his knees not his elbow. lol @ hasn't done much since the NBA Finals. Yeah, he was averaging 29/7/5 on 49% shooting @ the All-Star break last year before the injury. :lol:

Dwyane Wade basically won a championship by himself.

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dwyane Wade
3. LeBron James/Tim Duncan (you can debate that if you want)
5. Kevin Garnett

That's the bottom line -- the period, point, blank of reality.

Anyone else's opinion on #1 and #2 doesn't get my respect. Sorry for being a dick.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Steve Nash to me is the 2nd greatest point guard I have ever seen behind Magic Johnson. And I hate the Suns. Time Duncan is unguardable and Spurs cannot win a championship without him. No matter what team you put around Duncan they will always be contenders. KG right now is a beast, unstoppable. He does everything you want in Foward. Right now this is the best I have ever seen him play in his career and he's on the road to win the MVP. For Lebron well his run through the East with average players speaks for itself. You put someone like Shaq on that team giving you 20 and 10 and they will have 2 championship right now. Dwade yes he had a good performance in the finals but he had a ton of help from the refs. He's still a top player in the league but I just think he's #6 behind the guys I mentioned that not a bad thing given the fact that he's been injured alot more then the other guys.

In Kobe's worst season he had Caron Butler & Lamar Odom.

Who the **** does Wade have on his team worthy of making such a contribution?

DO NOT reply with "Shaquille O'Neal"
DO NOT reply with "Ricky Davis"
DO NOT reply with "Jason Williams"
DO NOT reply with "Udonis Haslem"

So....who? Bob McAdoo ready to suit up? :lol:

You mentioned Steve Nash earlier.

Pull Steve Nash out of that system and give him the core of guys Wade has to work with. He's back to his 15/6 caliber Dallas numbers. :up:

Cmon king really Lamar Odom. Really. I love Lamar one of the greatest guys in the NBA and has more talent then 90% of NBA players but he is the most inconsistent disappointing player in the NBA. Everyone has been waiting 10 YEARS for Lamar to break out and be the player that we know he can but he will never be. Caron Butler was good and Im still pissed that we got freaking K. Brown for him. Never the less Caron was serviceable for the Lakers but not to take them through the West. I still wish he was here though.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Steve Nash to me is the 2nd greatest point guard I have ever seen behind Magic Johnson. And I hate the Suns. Time Duncan is unguardable and Spurs cannot win a championship without him. No matter what team you put around Duncan they will always be contenders. KG right now is a beast, unstoppable. He does everything you want in Foward. Right now this is the best I have ever seen him play in his career and he's on the road to win the MVP. For Lebron well his run through the East with average players speaks for itself. You put someone like Shaq on that team giving you 20 and 10 and they will have 2 championship right now. Dwade yes he had a good performance in the finals but he had a ton of help from the refs. He's still a top player in the league but I just think he's #6 behind the guys I mentioned that not a bad thing given the fact that he's been injured alot more then the other guys.

It's easy to make that statement watching Steve Nash run an offense in transition, but in the half court there's a major difference in his game. He's arguably THE biggest defensive liability in basketball. He's a system basketball player. Still an extremely solid PG, but why wasn't he this good in Dallas? And please don't tell me that he developed into a better player in Phoenix, because he was already a finished product. Put Steve Nash in a half court offense and he's a 15/6-8 type of PG. That is still superb, but not "second greatest all-time" - lol. I wouldn't even rank Steve Nash ahead of Jason Kidd (all-time) if you want to talk about PG's still playing.

Jason Kidd, Baron Davis, Chris Paul, Deron Williams......not calling all of these guys better, but IMO, all of them can succeed in ANY type of system at the same rate or better.

Steve Nash on the other hand, is the product of a system made for ANY solid PG to look like the best PG since Magic Johnson. With that said, I can't blame you for buying into it. It's supposed to happen, but it's extremely inaccurate.

Do you have NBA League Pass? If so, watch some Hornets games. Paul is = or > than Nash. And in the future, he will CERTAINLY be better......

I've seen enough Chris Paul to say its scary on what this guy is gonna do in this league.

Cmon king really Lamar Odom. Really. I love Lamar one of the greatest guys in the NBA and has more talent then 90% of NBA players but he is the most inconsistent disappointing player in the NBA. Everyone has been waiting 10 YEARS for Lamar to break out and be the player that we know he can but he will never be. Caron Butler was good and Im still pissed that we got freaking K. Brown for him. Never the less Caron was serviceable for the Lakers but not to take them through the West. I still wish he was here though.

Nah, I see what you're saying about Lamar and I certainly agree. Physically, he has disgusting potential. Mentally, it's not all there. He seems tense and afraid to take matters into his own hands. When Pat Riley handed him the team, I was actually surprised at how well he handled it (I had watched a ton of Clippers days back when they had Odom, Mags, Q-Rich, Miles, etc.), but obviously it was Wade who has to take over in the Playoffs.

And yeah, Caron was still suffering from an injury.

Nonetheless, Caron coming back from an injury & Odom afraid to take the offensive initiative >>>>>> anything Wade has next to him right now. Sorry to say, but that's pretty factual, IMO. Dwyane Wade doesn't even have a decent THIRD option, much less second.....not to mention that we just learned that the recovery for his injury is 9-12 months.

I've seen enough Chris Paul to say its scary on what this guy is gonna do in this league.

Isn't it? He's already DISGUSTING. Imagine 2-3 years from now.

Too bad there isn't much fan support in New Orleans.

Wade with a hurt Caron Butler and lamar Odom= 2nd round of the playoffs and a 3 pointer away from forcing a game 7 against the #1 seed.

Kobe with the same group= tanks a game 7 in the 1st round.

Back
Top Bottom