Lakers Lakers Lakers | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lakers Lakers Lakers

Wade with a hurt Caron Butler and lamar Odom= 2nd round of the playoffs and a 3 pointer away from forcing a game 7 against the #1 seed.

Kobe with the same group= tanks a game 7 in the 1st round.

You forgot to add that the Heat are in the East which will make their 2nd best team a 8th seed in the West. Seriously you give the East to much credit. Other then Detroit the East is crap.

Wade with a hurt Caron Butler and lamar Odom= 2nd round of the playoffs and a 3 pointer away from forcing a game 7 against the #1 seed.

Kobe with the same group= tanks a game 7 in the 1st round.

As a rookie, too. He was nowhere close to what he developed into.

And the East was A LOT better back then, IMO.

Indiana was a team that could compete with Western Conference Elites.

You forgot to add that the Heat are in the East which will make their 2nd best team a 8th seed in the West. Seriously you give the East to much credit. Other then Detroit the East is crap.

As I've already stated a million times,

Kobe Bryant >>>>>> NBA after Jordan. That is FACT and CANNOT be argued against.

However, in defense to the heat (no pun intended) Dwyane Wade is getting right now, I don't think it's fair at all. This has quickly developed into a league beyond a "one man show" -- one player alone simply can't do it all anymore. You NEED a supporting cast, superstar, best player in the league, etc. or not. Kobe Bryant is good enough to take a team to the playoffs as a #7-8 seed, but what about after that? Exactly. The best player in the league can't do it by himself in today's game, so I don't think the assessment is proper to put it all on one guy's shoulders UNLESS he has a good enough supporting cast, which Dwyane Wade simply DOESN'T have. Shaquille O'Neal would be your backup center, Ricky Davis would be your backup swing, Udonis Haslem would backup the 4 spot, and Jason Williams would see DNP's for half the season in LA. I just don't think it's a fair argument at this point. Not only that, but the guy isn't even healthy.

While on that subject, what good is making it to the playoffs and losing in round one if at best you're going to be able to sign a decent player to the mid-level and draft in the middle of round 1? I'm glad Miami sucks right now. We're going to have a top 1-5 pick (most likely) instead of getting swept in the first round and giving up our non-lottery pick to Minnesota....

As I've already stated a million times,

Kobe Bryant >>>>>> NBA after Jordan. That is FACT and CANNOT be argued against.

However, in defense to the heat (no pun intended) Dwyane Wade is getting right now, I don't think it's fair at all. This has quickly developed into a league beyond a "one man show" -- one player alone simply can't do it all anymore. You NEED a supporting cast, superstar, best player in the league, etc. or not. Kobe Bryant is good enough to take a team to the playoffs as a #7-8 seed, but what about after that? Exactly. The best player in the league can't do it by himself in today's game, so I don't think the assessment is proper to put it all on one guy's shoulders UNLESS he has a good enough supporting cast, which Dwyane Wade simply DOESN'T have. Shaquille O'Neal would be your backup center, Ricky Davis would be your backup swing, Udonis Haslem would backup the 4 spot, and Jason Williams would see DNP's for half the season in LA. I just don't think it's a fair argument at this point. Not only that, but the guy isn't even healthy.

While on that subject, what good is making it to the playoffs and losing in round one if at best you're going to be able to sign a decent player to the mid-level and draft in the middle of round 1? I'm glad Miami sucks right now. We're going to have a top 1-5 pick (most likely) instead of getting swept in the first round and giving up our non-lottery pick to Minnesota....

Well let see what Riley does next year. One thing for sure he needs to move either to the front office or coach but not do both which I think he's doing right now. I think the FO is better suited for him at this point.

Detroit, Boston are the class now. We will be the class again..very soon. You know why? WADE.

it never ceases to amaze me that people still have not caught on to what this guy does.

I really hope the chips fall like they can...and we get Rose and then spend up to the tax (Brand).

it just pisses me off that fate screwed us out of our first championship in 04-05.

As for Riley..one thing he has done is set us up for a very quick transition cap wise. We are a room team in 2010 and can manuever this season for it as well.

So in essence...we can spend up to the tax this offseason with a a couple of roster moves..(Brand) and then come back in 2010 and SIGN ANOTHER MAX PLAYER!

So we would have THREE max players ont he roster for the 2010 season. Yep, crap your pants, go ahead.

That's all hear say. Until all that supposedly happen good luck with your lottery. I hope you get one of the top picks because if the lottery doesnt come out your way Im just gonna hear more excuses from you.

That's all hear say. Until all that supposedly happen good luck with your lottery. I hope you get one of the top picks because if the lottery doesnt come out your way Im just gonna hear more excuses from you.

Excuses?

Escuses is what losers do...

we won a championship remember?

Ask Kobe.

I am just telling you a very likely scenario.

In it is just a FACT that we can add TWO MAX contract guys.

TWO. TWO. plus WADE.

Don't hate us because our future is bright.

We will be rebuilt and ready to win #2 when you guys start to rebuild from your 4th consecutive playoff bounce.

One + Wade, but only Wade if we wind up doing a sign-and-trade for Brand or something.
(long-term)

One + Wade, but only Wade if we wind up doing a sign-and-trade for Brand or something.
(long-term)

That is next season. SHAQ comes off the books in 2010..then voila...max contract guy #2 to go with $$$/$$$/Wade.

The future is bright. Riley better not pick up any contracts before the deadline.

CBA wouldn't allow Miami to sign 2 max + Wade unless I misunderstood you.

But what I'm saying is that a sign-and-trade with Brand would obviously lead into a long-term contract. If he's under the wraps long-term for max type cash, then we wouldn't have such flexibility in 2010.

I know that we'll have Wade's bird rights, but still.....

The good thing is Micky Arison's willingness to win. He doesn't care about the tax, but it still has it's restrictions and whatnot. I don't know the rules as well as I know the NFL's, but Ferret probably does. I'm pretty sure that maxing out 2 players + re-signing Wade to the max is out of the question, though.

CBA wouldn't allow Miami to sign 2 max + Wade unless I misunderstood you.

But what I'm saying is that a sign-and-trade with Brand would obviously lead into a long-term contract. If he's under the wraps long-term for max type cash, then we wouldn't have such flexibility in 2010.

I know that we'll have Wade's bird rights, but still.....

The good thing is Micky Arison's willingness to win. He doesn't care about the tax, but it still has it's restrictions and whatnot. I don't know the rules as well as I know the NFL's, but Ferret probably does. I'm pretty sure that maxing out 2 players + re-signing Wade to the max is out of the question, though.

Yeah..we need ferrett on this.

Because if we do a sign and trade in the offseason..we will in essence have to max players and Wade with bird rights which would mean 3. So why couldn't we use SHAQ's 20 million when it comes off the books?

From what I recall, Brand is an ETO meaning he has to exercise his option to terminate his contract. I don't think he will. He likes Dunleavy, Maggette, and his other teammates as well as his good relations with Sterling. In addition, LA is the best place for his fledgling movie production company.

And when did this become the Heat thread? Forget the Heat. It's all about the youthful Lakers. Once Bynum returns healthy as ever and Kobe goes back into dominant mode, we'll go on a tear. And once Kwame Brown's $9 mil salary comes off the books next offseason, we can pick up a quality FA who wants to contend and would have interest in the Lakers.

From what I recall, Brand is an ETO meaning he has to exercise his option to terminate his contract. I don't think he will. He likes Dunleavy, Maggette, and his other teammates as well as his good relations with Sterling. In addition, LA is the best place for his fledgling movie production company.

And when did this become the Heat thread? Forget the Heat. It's all about the youthful Lakers. Once Bynum returns healthy as ever and Kobe goes back into dominant mode, we'll go on a tear. And once Kwame Brown's $9 mil salary comes off the books next offseason, we can pick up a quality FA who wants to contend and would have interest in the Lakers.

Brand signed with us before.

Brand signed with us before.

Doesn't mean he'll sign again. He signed the first time because Heat were offering 82 mil over the Clips original 60 mil offer. Right now, the Clips can offer more money to EB than any other team, including the Heat, should he opt out.

Doesn't mean he'll sign again. He signed the first time because Heat were offering 82 mil over the Clips original 60 mil offer. Right now, the Clips can offer more money to EB than any other team, including the Heat, should he opt out.

We will see.

Back
Top Bottom