Lamar Miller Looks Like a Career Maker for Jeff Ireland | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lamar Miller Looks Like a Career Maker for Jeff Ireland

Awesome talent, will need to stay healthy -not an easy feat in this sport to begin with.

Miller was much better in two years at FSU than Booker was in 3. Hopefully Miller doesnt mirror Bookers NFL career. I dont think he will.
I hope he is good, but when I think of a mid round running back of his size from a Florida college I get bad memories of Lorenzo Booker. Not sure why I get that uneasy feeling, but I do. Can't wait to see him in some game action.

One thing I do want to see is him dump that #44. I assume he will choose a number in the 20s once final cuts are made.

Ricky is/was obviously bigger more physical and slower, but the ability to hit the hole quick and decisively is definitely there, the likes of Ronnie struggled with that. As a mid round pick goes Lamar was an excellent gamble, because in the end that is what most mid round picks are. Yes he has loads of potential but having shoulder problems which I think he had even before college for a running back is a problem. I don't envisage him as an every down 250 plus carries a year type back, he is more an explosive change/special teams type of player.

Ricky is/was obviously bigger more physical and slower, but the ability to hit the hole quick and decisively is definitely there, the likes of Ronnie struggled with that. As a mid round pick goes Lamar was an excellent gamble, because in the end that is what most mid round picks are. Yes he has loads of potential but having shoulder problems which I think he had even before college for a running back is a problem. I don't envisage him as an every down 250 plus carries a year type back, he is more an explosive change/special teams type of player.

I don't understand how limiting his play time saves his shoulder? Is this the kind of injury that's going to be sore all the time? Or is it that since it was injured once before makes it more susceptible to re-injury? If neither is the case, what is the reason to limit his playing time and thus, his potential here?

Itll be interesting to see if Lamar Miller has a good year, and if that leads to us not keeping Reggie. I think we should keep reggie regardless, but I think Miller was drafted as a possible cheaper/younger replacement so we shall see.

Itll be interesting to see if Lamar Miller has a good year, and if that leads to us not keeping Reggie. I think we should keep reggie regardless, but I think Miller was drafted as a possible cheaper/younger replacement so we shall see.

If it were up to me, I'd keep both. There's a lot of value in having complementary backs who can come in fresh for each other at different points in a game. Also, if as in the wildcat they can manage to put them both on the field at the same time, I'd think you'd have some pretty powerful threats there.

I just cant wait untill he prove what he's about.

Unless R Bush is injured you will not see that much of Miller except during returns. 3-5 plays a game.

How many carries are you seeing Bush take per game? Thomas?

If you think Bush is getting more than 15 per game you're nuts. That seemed to be his absolute sweet spot.

We'll see Miller on the field like we saw Patrick Cobbs. It's all about matchups.

I said it doesn't translate WELL. Rarely as you'd like outside of the first round. Therefore, I prefer to let the people who deal with prospects everyday like Ireland sort out the mess. Instead, I spend my time watching professionals play and following closely what my team does. Typically, college players who may or may not ever make it past their rookie season in the NFL garner little interest from me until they make a cut somewhere. Here's some good articles illustrating my point :http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?t=38395http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7853608/how-tell-which-nfl-draft-picks-truly-valuablehttp://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-04-22/nfl-draft-2012-first-round-disappointmentshttp://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ster-bubble-thoughts-from-a-former-nfl-playerSorry, but I couldn't find much about the odds of 2nd rounders on down to be impact players or even to make an NFL roster for 1 year. However, there are some statistics on that if you read long and close in the two articles that are statistical, rather than simply opinion. I think that's because no one cares, lol
2012 Rushing leaders:1. MJD (2nd)2. Rice (2nd)3. Turner (5th)4. McCoy (2nd)5. Foster (undrafted)6. Gore (3rd)But you're sentiment is correct for other positions, especially QB and WR.

Its funny guys are comparing speeds between Miller and Williams. I for one especailly early in his carrier hardly ever seen Ricky get caught from behind. Theres a difference between 40 time and actual football speed. He was faster than his time stated and that was at 220+ pds. He didnt run the same when he was lighter or heavier- he had to have his sweet spot weight. But in any sence Im anxious to see what Miller can do! Hope he tears it up.

Back
Top Bottom