Lance Zierlein Ranks Miami's Draft Class 31st out of 32 Teams | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lance Zierlein Ranks Miami's Draft Class 31st out of 32 Teams

Zierlein began his own handicapping service called Pigskin Sports and was a featured football analyst and handicapper...

This is a former fantasy football handicapper so....grain of salt may be needed.

Take a look at how his 2015 rankings worked out....

Cornerbacks...(#1 Trae Waynes)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000481491/article/2015-nfl-draft-lance-zierleins-top-10-cornerbacks

LB's (#1 Paul Dawson)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000481182/article/2015-nfl-draft-lance-zierleins-top-10-linebackers

Edge (#1 Dante Fowler)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000480861/article/2015-nfl-draft-lance-zierleins-top-10-edge-rushers

Bucky Brooks and Connor Orr gave Miami an A-. That was 2nd in the division. This and the original link in post #1 means nothing.

Thanks for describing exactly why most who don't like the Harris pick... don't like the Harris pick.

This reeks of a luxury pick. We have needs at LB, G, CB, DT and S... and we are picking a developmental DE who won't see the field most snaps. Run D was our primary Defensive area of need. So, we once again reach for a developmental prospect that doesn't even fill a need in the 1st round. Welcome aboard Dion Jordan 2.0.

1st Picks should be your best attempt to fill your team's needs with young talent. They should be starter ready; plug and play. Now we are going to have to hear about "when" and "if" for the next 3 - 4 years describe his "potential".

Give me Forrest Lamp at 22 and stop making the GM job so difficult. And when other teams are running all over us this year, take note how clean Mr. Harris' jersey is on the sidelines. Because that is a pick that isn't helping you this year.

LB, G, CB, DT, and S were all addressed this offseason. Perhaps you may not like Timmons, Asiata, Tanksersley, Hayes, the 2 DTs drafted, and Nate Allen. But that isn't the Dolphins problem.

We didn't need Forest Lamp at #22. We could have accepted one of three or four trade down offers; then, we could have easily traded down again and acquired at least two picks and still have been able to draft the #1 guard prospect in the draft.

This fact, and it is fact. The trade offers were there; this, more than any other particular factor makes me agree with Lance.

Another thing; we drafted 0 starters. The only way any of those guys starts is if we have injuries prior to start of the season.

No player drafted by the Dolphins has potential greatness. All three top picks project to be mediocre at best, and the mid and late round picks are meh, or just obvious wasted picks like Ford.

No starters and No potential greatness. The guy with the most potential is probably Isaac Asiata, but he won't blossom for about 3-4 years.

It was a horrific draft. Passing on adding additional picks through trade down to draft a rotational DL who ranked 163rd in college football against the run last year shows stubborn stupidity and complete lack of vision by our FO.

This draft was replete with players that had legitimate potential for greatness, from round 1 through round 7, they were woven through the fabric of the draft, and we didn't draft even one of them.

Greatness wins championships. There were several safeties with enormous potential but we passed on every one of them.

We will need !00% healthy years from Suh,Reshad Jones, Cam Wake, and at least a couple other guys will need to enter greatness for this team to go far. If Tannehill and Parker have great years along with an excellent year from the RB's there is a chance, but we didn't address the OL or run defense, so what we really need is some kind of small miracle where Pouncey actually stays healthy and one or two of the young nobodies surprises the world and plays great. Asiata, Steen ,Smith. Like I said, a small miracle.

When Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas were drafted, what was your reaction then?

When Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas were drafted, what was your reaction then?

Damn undersized linebacker... what 5th round pick will ever amount to anything? Jason Taylor?! That string bean?!

:lol:

I think that post was trolling... I mean no one can be that jaded right?

Lance Zierlein?!? Let's play a game. Match up the NFL.com "analyst" with their biography (does anyone not belong?):

A. Bucky Brooks
B. Charley Casserly
C. Daniel Jeremiah
D. Maurice Jones-Drew
E. Mike Mayock
F. Chad Reuter
G. Lance Zierlein

1. Starting QB for Northeastern Louisiana (1997) and Appalachian State (1998 - 2000). College scout for Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles. Joined NFL Network May 2012

2. Played Safety for Pittsburgh Steelers (1981) and New York Giants (1982-1983). ESPN Analyst and Sideline Reporter (1993-1995), CBS Sports Broadcaster (1996-1999), Fox Sports Broadcaster (joined 2000), NFL Network (2005-present)

3. General Manager for Washington Redskins (1989-1999) and Senior VP Football Operations/ General Manager for Houston Texans (2000-2006), Instuctor on Sports Management at George Mason University

4. Sports Radio Talk show host Houston. Fantasy Football Expert. Blogger for Houston Chronicle and runs football site The Sideline View. Joined NFL.com in November 2015

5. Cornerback for Buffalo Bills (1994), Green Bay Packers (1995-1996, 1997), Jacksonville Jaguars (1996-1997), Kansas City Chiefs (1997-1998), Oakland Raiders (1998). Sportswriter covering NFL for Sports Illustrated.

6. Senior Analyst for NFLDraftScout.com (2007), joined NFL.com in December 2011 as senior researcher

7. Running Back for Jacksonville Jaguars (2006-2013), Oakland Raiders (2014), 3x Pro Bowl, 2x First Team All Pro. After retirement, color analyst for NFL Now.

Lance Zierlein?!? Let's play a game. Match up the NFL.com "analyst" with their biography (does anyone not belong?):

A. Bucky Brooks
B. Charley Casserly
C. Daniel Jeremiah
D. Maurice Jones-Drew
E. Mike Mayock
F. Chad Reuter
G. Lance Zierlein

1. Starting QB for Northeastern Louisiana (1997) and Appalachian State (1998 - 2000). College scout for Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles. Joined NFL Network May 2012

2. Played Safety for Pittsburgh Steelers (1981) and New York Giants (1982-1983). ESPN Analyst and Sideline Reporter (1993-1995), CBS Sports Broadcaster (1996-1999), Fox Sports Broadcaster (joined 2000), NFL Network (2005-present)

3. General Manager for Washington Redskins (1989-1999) and Senior VP Football Operations/ General Manager for Houston Texans (2000-2006), Instuctor on Sports Management at George Mason University

4. Sports Radio Talk show host Houston. Fantasy Football Expert. Blogger for Houston Chronicle and runs football site The Sideline View. Joined NFL.com in November 2015

5. Cornerback for Buffalo Bills (1994), Green Bay Packers (1995-1996, 1997), Jacksonville Jaguars (1996-1997), Kansas City Chiefs (1997-1998), Oakland Raiders (1998). Sportswriter covering NFL for Sports Illustrated.

6. Senior Analyst for NFLDraftScout.com (2007), joined NFL.com in December 2011 as senior researcher

7. Running Back for Jacksonville Jaguars (2006-2013), Oakland Raiders (2014), 3x Pro Bowl, 2x First Team All Pro. After retirement, color analyst for NFL Now.

What is 4. I'll take Radio Show talk hosts for 1000 Alex.

We didn't need Forest Lamp at #22. We could have accepted one of three or four trade down offers; then, we could have easily traded down again and acquired at least two picks and still have been able to draft the #1 guard prospect in the draft.

This fact, and it is fact. The trade offers were there; this, more than any other particular factor makes me agree with Lance.

Another thing; we drafted 0 starters. The only way any of those guys starts is if we have injuries prior to start of the season.

No player drafted by the Dolphins has potential greatness. All three top picks project to be mediocre at best, and the mid and late round picks are meh, or just obvious wasted picks like Ford.

No starters and No potential greatness. The guy with the most potential is probably Isaac Asiata, but he won't blossom for about 3-4 years.

It was a horrific draft. Passing on adding additional picks through trade down to draft a rotational DL who ranked 163rd in college football against the run last year shows stubborn stupidity and complete lack of vision by our FO.

This draft was replete with players that had legitimate potential for greatness, from round 1 through round 7, they were woven through the fabric of the draft, and we didn't draft even one of them.

Greatness wins championships. There were several safeties with enormous potential but we passed on every one of them.

We will need !00% healthy years from Suh,Reshad Jones, Cam Wake, and at least a couple other guys will need to enter greatness for this team to go far. If Tannehill and Parker have great years along with an excellent year from the RB's there is a chance, but we didn't address the OL or run defense, so what we really need is some kind of small miracle where Pouncey actually stays healthy and one or two of the young nobodies surprises the world and plays great. Asiata, Steen ,Smith. Like I said, a small miracle.

Please, please, oh please re-post this after week 10 of the upcoming season. I just want to see where these guys stand vs. your projections.

Damn undersized linebacker... what 5th round pick will ever amount to anything? Jason Taylor?! That string bean?!

I don't expect an answer for what it's worth.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

I don't expect an answer for what it's worth.

I rank Lance Zierlein last in draft analysis

Even below Mel Kiper?

It's all talking heads. All that and the absurd amount of mock drafts before the draft mean literally nothing. I think the actual use for mock drafts is when fans hate their team's picks and they flame the author.

We got 0 starters? That's an odd take

Back
Top Bottom